R32 at Jackson Hieghts

blkfire765

i was at jackson hieghts around 2:30 today and saw a R32 train arriving on the express track thinking it was a (V) rerouted EXP, but stopped and didnt open its doors. it had mta employees inside and stopped for 1 min then left... as it left i counted 8 cars! does this have anything to do with the (M)/(V) combo or does an 8 car R32 with signage mixed in between (M) and (V) normaly goes to jamaica.

will more 8 car sets go up to jamaica or was this just going to the yard for something experimental???

sorry if this is a repeat thread or if it has been discussed....just curious:)

(T)(H)(A)(N)(K)(S)!!!!!!!!!!

i was at jackson hieghts around 2:30 today and saw a R32 train arriving on the express track thinking it was a (V) rerouted EXP, but stopped and didnt open its doors. it had mta employees inside and stopped for 1 min then left... as it left i counted 8 cars! does this have anything to do with the (M)/(V) combo or does an 8 car R32 with signage mixed in between (M) and (V) normaly goes to jamaica.

will more 8 car sets go up to jamaica or was this just going to the yard for something experimental???

What did the rollsigns say?

(M)/(V) Test - School Car R32, They have been runing a series of testing with Both 8 car R32's and R160's on the (M)/(V), The R32 is just to show the crew and for the C/R boards and etc. R160's are for Brun testing to make sure that they have correct anouncements.

The R160 shoud Read Like This

V 6th ave Local, Queens Bivd LCL, Myrtle LCL

Middle Village- Metroplitan Av

For a second I thought it was an (E) train. It brought back many ominous memories.

Better than the POS 160s that are ridden on that line....

And @ blkfire: If it was eight cars that may mean they are testing it for the (M)/(V) combo...IF it happens.

Yes, as somebody else pointed out, all married pairs with the exception of the R40 and R42 fleets have C/R controls in all 4 cabs in the pair.

Most of the current remaining R32s (Phase 1) were assigned to Pitkin yard for their post GOH life. Many were also at Jamaica.

The Phase 2 cars were assigned to Coney Island and Jamaica after overhaul.

Archived