Transit Idea (Map Included)

TransitGuy

Oh, I see. But then, wouldn't you be skipping the (8), (9) and (10) designations? Or do you have another proposal as to where to add those lines to the system.

(8) might go on a rebuilt Third Avenue El.

(9) might be used for Dyre Avenue-West Side service

(10) might be used for the (5) trains from Wakefield

Now that I think of it.

Would anyone object to using (X) for special trains?

(I) and (O) are being kept unused for whatever reason the TA isn't using them.

(P) is being held for the event that Penn Station is closed due to a strike at Amtrak and LIRR is shut out of Manhattan. What signage does the R160 have for the (P) anyway?

(U) Northern Bvld?

Would anyone object to the (V) or (G) operating to Kings Highway and the (F) running Express in Brooklyn between Kings and Bergen?

Oh, I see. But then, wouldn't you be skipping the (8), (9) and (10) designations? Or do you have another proposal as to where to add those lines to the system.

The (8) and (10) are Lexington Avenue line Supplements because the sign is green for those two.

The (9) is a 7th Avenue line Supplement because the sign is red already.

The (11) is a Flushing line Supplement because the sign is purple already.

Oh, and those signs do exist........

The (8) and (10) are Lexington Avenue line Supplements because the sign is green for those two.

The (11) is a Flushing line Supplement because the sign is purple already.

Oh, and those signs do exist........

I believe there's a (12) designation in green, and a (13) in red as well. Would be nice if they'd appear as icons on the forum. :P

*EDIT*

Speaking of which...

12train.jpg

Source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Unused_New_York_City_Subway_service_labels

Think it'll serve as the Bronx-Queens Crosstown service I mentioned? :)

Now that I think of it.

Would anyone object to using (X) for special trains?

I don't see why not.

(I) and (O) are being kept unused for whatever reason the TA isn't using them.

My guess is that they might be confused for a 0 or a 1.

(P) is being held for the event that Penn Station is closed due to a strike at Amtrak and LIRR is shut out of Manhattan. What signage does the R160 have for the (P) anyway?

Where would the (P) run, then, if Penn Station were shut due to an Amtrak strike?

(U) Northern Bvld?

You have a plan in mind for extended Northern Boulevard service? I'm interested to hear.

Would anyone object to the (V) or (G) operating to Kings Highway and the (F) running Express in Brooklyn between Kings and Bergen?

I sure don't.

I believe there's a (12) designation in green, and a (13) in red as well. Would be nice if they'd appear as icons on the forum. ;)

*EDIT*

Speaking of which...

12train.jpg

Source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Unused_New_York_City_Subway_service_labels

Think it'll serve as the Bronx-Queens Crosstown service I mentioned? B)

To provide Bronx-Queens service, I would suggest splitting the (N) and the (W) at Ditmars Blvd. The (N) would continue on to LGA, while the (W) would run directly north to connect with the (6) at Hunts Point.

I've got a nice reason why we don't have a (P). Let's imagine up a situation:

Rider:"How do I get to Imaginary Square?"

CR:"Jump on this train, at the next stop, take an uptown (F), take that four stops and then take a (P)..."

Rider:"WHAT!?!?! I don't have to go to the bathroom..."

Also, I'm thinkin' the (X) should be purple...

Where would the (P) run, then, if Penn Station were shut due to an Amtrak strike?

The TA had this idea also, it would use the connection that the first (K) used.

You have a plan in mind for extended Northern Boulevard service? I'm interested to hear.

The (U) would operate from City Hall to Great Neck via the Broadway Express and 63rd Street. It would only make stops where there is a bus transfer other then the Q66 and the Q12.

I've got a nice reason why we don't have a (P). Let's imagine up a situation:

Rider:"How do I get to Imaginary Square?"

CR:"Jump on this train, at the next stop, take an uptown (F), take that four stops and then take a (P)..."

Rider:"WHAT!?!?! I don't have to go to the bathroom..."

Ah, that's an old joke. I doubt it would cause any confusion.

Also, I'm thinkin' the (X) should be purple...

I'd like the (X) to be black.

The TA had this idea also, it would use the connection that the first (K) used.

Oh, I see.

The (U) would operate from City Hall to Great Neck via the Broadway Express and 63rd Street. It would only make stops where there is a bus transfer other then the Q66 and the Q12.

Sounds good to me.

Well they don't use the P desgination because of bathroom humor....*sigh*

And who said they wanted a Northern Blvd subway line? That's my idea in a fantasy world!

Offtopic, I once saw an R32 marked up as an X train during a G.O. that had shuttles running form Jamaica Center to Union Turnpike.

Well they don't use the P desgination because of bathroom humor....*sigh*

And who said they wanted a Northern Blvd subway line? That's my idea in a fantasy world!

Offtopic, I once saw an R32 marked up as an X train during a G.O. that had shuttles running form Jamaica Center to Union Turnpike.

Ya, I've saw that when that G.O. was going on. Couldn't get a good picture sadly....

But I've also seen it on an (E) train at WTC........

• 3 months later...

I don't think using the Astoria line to connect to the Bronx would be any good, because it has no connection to the Queens Boulevard line in Queens. Maybe an M extension through Roosevelt-Jackson Heights along the freight ROW.

The 7 doesn't have any extra capacity to be lengthened.

So add the capacity by renovating the elevated rail structure and adding an extra level of 4 tracks 2 local and 2 skip stop/express, in the mean time add in the airtrain connection. :D

The airport could have an elevated line from the (7)/(E)(F)(R)(V) jackson heights station following broadway to BQE to GCP to the terminal complex. It could have stations along the way, or be a dedicated line with only the 2 end terminals as stops.

- Andy

Archived