NovaBus LFS Articulated Discussion

R32 3348

Caught 0055 On The B6 local, ugh I wish it was the limited. Didnt bother riding it since it was a full on local. It makes its last stop at Bensonhurst around 6pm then heads back into the depot. Hope that helps your hunt a little bit!

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Those who want to ride the LFS demo are in luck. A bus operator I spoke to said that the bus may be sticking around for quite some time and will head to Manhattanville after this week. I spotted the LFS demo an the LFSA 1200 at Bowling Green at around 1:30 today. Pics will come later on.

Those who want to ride the LFS demo are in luck. A bus operator I spoke to said that the bus may be sticking around for quite some time and will head to Manhattanville after this week. I spotted the LFS demo an the LFSA 1200 at Bowling Green at around 1:30 today. Pics will come later on.

Thanks for the info lrg!

This bus must have different runs all day. Today I walked to UP depot and I saw it on the B6 layover at about 4:45. It was the 5:00 B6 Limited starting from near the depot, and I took it to Rockaway Parkway, by 6:15.

Before the bus entered service there were 3 B/O's inside that bus checking it out. Some B/O's were saying how they were similar to the O7's (there was a B82 with a B/O talking to another UP driver outside the bus) because they were "tight" with the passenger loads since they didn't want to move to the back. Then the other driver said that's the case with any bus and he was right lol. Anyway, I thought it was a nice ride, and the back is roomier than on the O7's (well at least the non-(MTA) spec'd version is). I love the rear window.

Wednesday I caught 1204 passing by doing driver training at the usual spot, around the usual 2:00 - 2:15pm time.......

I seem to catch the buses passing, and drivers backing them up around that time, along the buses only side at Pelham Bay Park.......

1204.jpg

I didn't get a chance to post on Thurs or Fri but I got to ride bus 1200 Thursday Morning. I was on the QBx1 headed to the (6) when I saw that it was on the ramp at PBP like it was in service and I thought if it was in service, I'd run for it and sure enough, it was and I just made. I took it to Pelham Pkwy by the (5) and then headed to work.

The bus is NICE! The ride is really smooth. It goes over the bumps like it's nothing and the bus doesn't rattle all over the place when it does. I hope it's still like this a year from now. I like how bright the interior is. It seems kinda crammed in the from but it's a low floor bus, what can you do about it? With that said, it's kinda tolerable. There are no seats where the "artic" part is but there is lots of room to stand and they have enough poles for those who do. Seeing the back window was just amazing. There were kids back there so I didn't sit there but to see the sun from the back took me back as a kid riding Flexible New Looks on the Bx12 in the 80's and early 90's. When I could hear the engine, it sounded great. The 3-door thing works for those buses and I can see it speeding up times for people to get on and off.

I need to ride it again so that I can see if what I am liking about it now are things that I still like about it riding it for a 2nd and 3rd time but so far, the Nova LFSA gets a :tup: from me. Oh and I made it to work on time too! :cool:

I didn't get a chance to post on Thurs or Fri but I got to ride bus 1200 Thursday Morning. I was on the QBx1 headed to the (6) when I saw that it was on the ramp at PBP like it was in service and I thought if it was in service, I'd run for it and sure enough, it was and I just made. I took it to Pelham Pkwy by the (5) and then headed to work.

The bus is NICE! The ride is really smooth. It goes over the bumps like it's nothing and the bus doesn't rattle all over the place when it does. I hope it's still like this a year from now. I like how bright the interior is. It seems kinda crammed in the from but it's a low floor bus, what can you do about it? With that said, it's kinda tolerable. There are no seats where the "artic" part is but there is lots of room to stand and they have enough poles for those who do. Seeing the back window was just amazing. There were kids back there so I didn't sit there but to see the sun from the back took me back as a kid riding Flexible New Looks on the Bx12 in the 80's and early 90's. When I could hear the engine, it sounded great. The 3-door thing works for those buses and I can see it speeding up times for people to get on and off.

I need to ride it again so that I can see if what I am liking about it now are things that I still like about it riding it for a 2nd and 3rd time but so far, the Nova LFSA gets a :tup: from me. Oh and I made it to work on time too! :cool:

Thanks for the description!!!! If it ever came to BK, it'd probably get a :tup: from me too.

I rode 0055 home from Brooklyn College today on the B6; apparently Dom was also on the bus and I didn't realize it. Any driver assigned to the B6 can be assigned it.

Yea I saw you as well on Friday. Got on that bus from CI Ave & Ave J close to 2 PM & that bus came from Besonhurst. I rode that bus back from Canarsie to Midwood as the bus made a quick turnaround due to a bunch of rude kids being disrespectful & a near riot that almost would of have taken the bus out of service worse comes to worse. Sat @ Flatlands & East 82nd for nearly 5 mins, maybe slightly more while all of this went down

There was some 1 from SubChat that was on the bus before I got on it. There was also a couple of bus fans @ CI Ave & Ave J when I got back over there around 3:45

I must say that I love the LFS's in general now. 0055 has very good sound effects & it rides quite well. I found out it was on Run 49 as I heard the B/O yell it out to the dispatcher by South Shore HS. I record the times it has left CI Ave, Canarsie, & when it went back out to Canarsie

I want to take a picture of it but I don't have the patience to wait 2 hours for a bus. Does anyone know if it runs on a schedule?

They run during rush hours, and middays are the training times. There is at least one on the Bx12 SBS out of Pelham Bay at 3:30, Inwood at 4:30, Pelham Bay at 5:30, etc. They can be seen on other artic routes out of Gun Hill too.

Spring break is in effect though so no worries...

I still see kids coming from school, with bags on their backs. Is it smart - semi-smart kids can stay home, and dummy's go to school spring break week. Nonetheless I seen 1206 at 1:40pm yesterday (March 31), and then came 1211 at 1:58pm. Got the rear of 1211. Both buses had a driver and a trainer (possibly 19A dispatcher or Superintendent).........

1211b.jpg

1211c.jpg

I rode on bus 1204 with one of my buddies last night on the Bx12 SBS. I really like the bus. It is tight when it's crowded but I made it through to the back from the middle. I got to see bus 1200 in service as well last night. This was all around the 6:30pm time period.

This morning, I saw 2 Nova Bus artic sitting in Gun Hill and when I got off the QBx1, bus 1206 was running on the Bx12 SBS, probably going to Bay Plaza from where the bus stopped and let people off at Pelham Bay Park. It's going to be very interesting to see what happens throughout April with these buses.

I got a chance to ride on 1204 yesterday, and it was something. Again, there are no seats in the joint and some of the seats are raised up because they are on top of the wheels. Still, the layout is pretty good; there are actually four backward-facing seats in the back of the bus in the high-floor area that allow you to see out the back window, and there is a single seat sandwiched in between the multiplex wiring system and the driver's area. In terms of the ride itself, she ran well. She rattles a bit going at high speeds much the way an NG does, but the turns were not a problem and her engine runs quieter than that of the NGs. In terms of aesthetics, the interior was amazing. The entire bus is LED lit in this light blue tone and all the lights in the front of the bus dim when the B/O closes the doors. The lights are very soft and unintrusive; in the case of the lighting in the artic joint there are simply two little glowing panels: one on each wall. The interior is done in some sort of bright white composite that curves gracefully down toward the back window. I agree with Princelex; I was only two when 5227 was retired, so for me the feature is new. Still, I love it; it makes the bus feel that much more open and airy. As to the three-door question, I like it but I think it will take some getting used to; about two thirds of the people used the front, about one quarter used the rear and a measly one in twenty used the center door. Overall, I would rate the bus like this:

Aesthetics: 10/10

Ride quality: 9/10

Interior layout: 9/10

Capacity:8.5/10

Archived