NovaBus LFS Articulated Discussion

R32 3348

Here's another one. Today, a dispatcher told me that Flatbush may not give back its artics to Quill when the new ones come in. After a full survey of the damage, and the fact that winter is fast approaching, it may now take up to a year to get the service back to the way it was. Where in the hell is Flatbush going to park all those buses?

However, what they could do is just double up on the Flatbush order when it arrives, and change some things around.

More of Quills Nova's will be going to Stegel in the coming days.

There are 30 unassigned XD60's from what I understand. If Kingsbridge does not keep all 90, signs are pointing to Quill.

Enter Kingsbridge: When they get their remaining 59 or 89 buses, the will be pushing D60HF's out, and possibly their 32 LFSA's if they want to have an all-New Flyer outfit.

With another 328 artics yet to be ordered, this will be very interesting to say the least.

The foreman at Flatbush said Quill doesn't even want to take the buses back from us. They want the xd60 instead. Also they said we are supposed to get sixty artics next year. This is all rumors not facts I'm just telling you guys what I've been hearing in the depot.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Is it really because: Quill thinks those buses are trashed due to running thru that area of Queens, because FB is handling them, or because they want the XD60s that much more over the LFSA?

I guess it wouldn't surprise me too much if they did shift the order and let FB keep the current batch, especially if the shuttle is going to be around for some extra months.

=

Semi related: If the shuttle service goes on for that long, I wonder: would they send down the retired D60HFs down there and just scrap them when the shuttle service is over? That way they can return the newer buses back to where they belong.

I still don't see how the numbers work out with all this, think the MTA was a little premature in retiring so many D60s. Those XD60s are a long way off, so unless CS gets Quill's buses after they've come in, all signs point to Quill being short...

The foreman at Flatbush said Quill doesn't even want to take the buses back from us. They want the xd60 instead. Also they said we are supposed to get sixty artics next year. This is all rumors not facts I'm just telling you guys what I've been hearing in the depot.

Yeah, I can believe that from what I was told. That's why Quill has those 5200's. I think that where they will be assigned. I also heard from several people that Quill definitely wants those XD60's. They were one of the original depots to get them anyway when the 30-30-30 split was announced. Then it went to KB for all 90. Then it was said that KB would only get 60 and Quill would get 30.

I still don't see how the numbers work out with all this, think the MTA was a little premature in retiring so many D60s. Those XD60s are a long way off, so unless CS gets Quill's buses after they've come in, all signs point to Quill being short...

There is just a lot going on right now.... There is a steady stream of buses coming in currently, so we still have 5295-5363 to be delivered.

What I head was happening is some or all of the 24 5800's will be pushed out to Stengel and elsewhere. Possibly Gun Hill who needs 48 more buses to retire their D60HF's which may be around a little longer. Quill actually won't be short at all because they are actively taking delivery of 5200's. Gun Hill will likely get less buses for now, and Flatbush will likely get most if not all of theirs.

The last bus to be delivered in 2012 was supposed to be 5275. Quill already has up to 5293, and 5294 just showed up at Zerega, 5295, and 5297 are now at Quill as well.

Is it really because: Quill thinks those buses are trashed due to running thru that area of Queens, because FB is handling them, or because they want the XD60s that much more over the LFSA?

I guess it wouldn't surprise me too much if they did shift the order and let FB keep the current batch, especially if the shuttle is going to be around for some extra months.

=

Semi related: If the shuttle service goes on for that long, I wonder: would they send down the retired D60HFs down there and just scrap them when the shuttle service is over? That way they can return the newer buses back to where they belong.

I think Quill is just saying "hey, we had to loan out our new buses for a shuttle. They will be heavily , so why don't we just take the buses coming in now."

I would just send those buses to Gun Hill when the shuttle is over. The buses don't get trashed, and there is only one stop on the route.

There is just a lot going on right now.... There is a steady stream of buses coming in currently, so we still have 5295-5363 to be delivered.

What I head was happening is some or all of the 24 5800's will be pushed out to Stengel and elsewhere. Possibly Gun Hill who needs 48 more buses to retire their D60HF's which may be around a little longer. Quill actually won't be short at all because they are actively taking delivery of 5200's. Gun Hill will likely get less buses for now, and Flatbush will likely get most if not all of theirs.

The last bus to be delivered in 2012 was supposed to be 5275. Quill already has up to 5293, and 5294 just showed up at Zerega, 5295, and 5297 are now at Quill as well.

Yeah, but it's not just the LFSAs that have left and will probably leave Quill, it's the D60s as well. All of 5565-5599 have left in the past year, along with the 5300s as well. If you assume that M34 conversion is going to be pushed back, Quill STILL needs about ~80 artics to make service. They've got 87 at this point, so they could afford to lose a few, but I can't really see 5840-5863 all moving out...and if the M34 SBS goes artic, I got nothing.

They've got 87 at this point, so they could afford to lose a few, but I can't really see 5840-5863 all moving out...and if the M34 SBS goes artic, I got nothing.

But they aren't loosing anything at all. They are currently taking delivery of 5200's. There was even an update after I made that post. 5295, and 5297 were just added to the roster a few minutes ago.

I honestly hope that Quill doesn't lose the 5800 series LFSAs.

Forgive me for being slow, but with all the Casey Stengel talk going on about them getting extra artics, where will they be coming from? I can kinda see Gun Hill receiving a new batch instead of hand-me-downs.

But they aren't loosing anything at all. They are currently taking delivery of 5200's. There was even an update after I made that post. 5295, and 5297 were just added to the roster a few minutes ago.

How high up are they going though? Let's say they go to 5300, that comes to 90-95ish buses...still hard to see them pulling 24 buses from the 5800 series and sending them off. Who knows though, I sure don't mind having a brand new bus on the 14!

I honestly hope that Quill doesn't lose the 5800 series LFSAs.

Forgive me for being slow, but with all the Casey Stengel talk going on about them getting extra artics, where will they be coming from? I can kinda see Gun Hill receiving a new batch instead of hand-me-downs.

How high up are they going though? Let's say they go to 5300, that comes to 90-95ish buses...still hard to see them pulling 24 buses from the 5800 series and sending them off. Who knows though, I sure don't mind having a brand new bus on the 14!

I don't think Stengel needs more than 4-6 buses. The rest can either stay at Quill or go to Gun Hill, GH is only going to get about half of it's batch right now from what it seems.

Quill is going to need up to 28 additional artics for the M34/34A. So if they ship out the 24 5800's, all they could take delivery of everything up to 5323. Or they can switch it up. Either way it goes, it appears as if Gun Hill could get about 20 5800's or new 5300's, and just be less 20 new buses until 5821-5839 are transfered out of Flatbush

• So is it that GH's buses are being sent to Quill and staying temporarily, or has Quill's order been extended? 5276, 5278, and 5284 are all at Quill, and their set was supposed to end at 5275.

• 5253-5289 – Michael J. Quill (MQ)

• 5290-5329 – Gun Hill (GH)

• 5330-5363 – Flatbush (FB)

Thank god we don't have to read stuff like this anymore....

Back on topic: well, if MJQ does take the 30 XD60s, I kinda hope they put them on the M34 SBS lol. Make them easier to find :)

Well what's going to happen to GH in all of this? This is changing so damn rapidly it's hard to keep up now.

It would not surprise if Gun Hill got Kingsbridge's LFS artics to give it 48 (5870-5818) and Kingsbridge got Xcelsior artics to replace them. (If Stengel needs 6 more artics, it could get 5818 and 5821-23.)

It would not surprise if Gun Hill got Kingsbridge's LFS artics to give it 48 (5870-5818) and Kingsbridge got Xcelsior artics to replace them. (If Stengel needs 6 more artics, it could get 5818 and 5821-23.)

5870-5818? what the deuce? you mean 5770 to 5818 or 5870-5918?

and whats the latest on converting the m34 and 34a to sbs

Archived