NovaBus LFS Articulated Discussion

R32 3348

He's likely talking about the pilot that was at Zerega last month. That bus will be coming back after it passes an audit inspection. 0055 was just a demo.

There was an LFS' at Zerega recently? Wow! I didn't know this at all....

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'm bored so I went on YouTube and this is the first I'm hearing how an LFSA sounds and I really like it, very powerful.

I prefer the 40-footer LFS' sound with EPA 2007 Cummins ISL + ZF-6HP554C, lovely sound! But I also like MTA 1285 and 1289 sound!

Cummins ISL with ZF-6HP554C sound on a early LFS demo, very loud:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dFJfiZd45Ew

Better sound:

MTA 1289:

Best sounds ever! :o

• 2 weeks later...

I had a feeling they would be next. Not really surprised at all.

My only questions are, will they come with the new Cummins or the new Detroit Diesels? And how would they arrange the signs for these buses? I would assume that Castleton would get the heart of this order, but we'll see.

I had a feeling they would be next. Not really surprised at all.

My only questions are, will they come with the new Cummins or the new Detroit Diesels? And how would they arrange the signs for these buses? I would assume that Castleton would get the heart of this order, but we'll see.

Likely they'll have the Volvo D13.

So that's the damn Wild Card!!!! Thank you MTA!!!!! I love when you surprise me!!!!!!!

Everybody kept hitting me off with this.... " There is another 90 in the works ENY!" But nobody would tell me who the manufacture was when it was right in front of my ******* face!!!!! NOVA!!!!!!!!!!! Bravo!!!

I HATE YOU MTA!!!B) And to all my sources... I HATE YOU TOO!!! I don't think this is funny at ALL!!!

Thanks for that post Adam!! You are a gentleman, and a scholar!

2011!!! Let's get it!!

PREVOST!!!!! OH LET THE FOAM FLOW FREEELY!!!! Thats unexpected.At least that adds more variety than the subways.

I am now even convinced myself that I haven't seen anything yet!!! I can't keep up!!

I now designate The Department of Buses, of The Metropolitan Transit Authority a "Foamalicious" zone!!!

But it gets better!!!!!! Subway cars are next!!!! This may be the next best decade after the 90's!

But first....... More buses!!!!

I think we could remember what the demo looked like:

NYCB_Prevost_0052d.jpg

Photo Credit: Trevor Logan

Ooooh I always really liked that bus, didnt know it was a Prevost. This is great news.

I hope they don't put metal on the bottom, that unnecessary luggage compartment lol. It might look good on this bus though, like a Rockstar tour bus.

Ooooh I always really liked that bus, didnt know it was a Prevost. This is great news.

I hope they don't put metal on the bottom, that unnecessary luggage compartment lol. It might look good on this bus though, like a Rockstar tour bus.

I remember when I first saw this bus. I was at Castleton With Trevor and Ray hunting 3800. Trev got a bad ass shot, and I had my camcorder on thinking I was getting a good video. Come to find out, I never hit record!! Lol!

That was 2008. I didn't think I would see these bad boys in 2011!:cool:

Yeah Pablo, you missed it!B)

So i did a little digging.....

NovaBus, including Prevost, has been working on a contract deal with the MTA that will run through 2016. I am being told that this will cover further 40 foot, 45 foot, and 60 foot coaches, should the MTA decide to place future orders. We now have 90 62 foot LFSA models operating in revenue service, with 90 40 foot LFS, and 90 45 foot Prevost coaches coming!

Said to be in the works is a follow-on order for the next batch of articulated buses.

From what I am being told, and the documents I have read, it is now quite obvious that we will definitely be seeing more Nova products on the streets of New York!!!

Archived