NovaBus LFS Articulated Discussion

R32 3348

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I remember when I first saw this bus. I was at Castleton With Trevor and Ray hunting 3800. Trev got a bad ass shot, and I had my camcorder on thinking I was getting a good video. Come to find out, I never hit record!! Lol!

That was 2008. I didn't think I would see these bad boys in 2011!:cool:

Yeah Pablo, you missed it!B)

Hahahahaha! You're really excited about this one I see.

But yeah, I missed the Prevost the entire time it was here, BUT fortunately my boy out of Yonkers was able to get it on the last day it was here so I was able to ride it on it's last day of service along with many others.

That was one bad ass bus I tell ya. It's about time the MTA placed the order!

NYCB_Prevost_0052.jpg

So i did a little digging.....

NovaBus, including Prevost, has been working on a contract deal with the MTA that will run through 2016. I am being told that this will cover further 40 foot, 45 foot, and 60 foot coaches, should the MTA decide to place future orders. We now have 90 62 foot LFSA models operating in revenue service, with 90 40 foot LFS, and 90 45 foot Prevost coaches coming!

Said to be in the works is a follow-on order for the next batch of articulated buses.

From what I am being told, and the documents I have read, it is now quite obvious that we will definitely be seeing more Nova products on the streets of New York!!!

Shit MTA getting Prevost, now I really need to move to NYC. Looks like Volvo is making good inroads with MTA

Hahahahaha! You're really excited about this one I see.

But yeah, I missed the Prevost the entire time it was here, BUT fortunately my boy out of Yonkers was able to get it on the last day it was here so I was able to ride it on it's last day of service along with many others.

That was one bad ass bus I tell ya. It's about time the MTA placed the order.

Yes, I am VERY excited about this order! Especially because it was a surprise. I have always wanted Provost buses, and its finally coming to pass! I knew something was in the works, and all the paperwork was right in front of me. That's why my boy, and my brother kept laughing at me all week! I totally missed it!

BTW, the source of this is Gold_12th on BusChat - I was surprised myself, given that to the best of my knowledge, Prevost has only built one order for a transit agency (20 LeMirages for GO Transit).

I'm extremely surprised too. Prevost usually does not like to clog up their production line with large orders. That's why they didn't really want Greyhound's follow up order of X3s because the first 110 buses took up alot of their production.

As a MCI "fanboy" I'm a little disappointed but I think MCI will come back very strong on future orders.

BTW, the source of this is Gold_12th on BusChat - I was surprised myself, given that to the best of my knowledge, Prevost has only built one order for a transit agency (20 LeMirages for GO Transit).

Oh yeah, I know who the original poster was. I was just thanking you for posting it here.

I'm extremely surprised too. Prevost usually does not like to clog up their production line with large orders. That's why they didn't really want Greyhound's follow up order of X3s because the first 110 buses took up alot of their production.

As a MCI "fanboy" I'm a little disappointed but I think MCI will come back very strong on future orders.

This is exactly what I was thinking! So when I would say, It can't be Prevost because of all the reasons you both just posted, my friend would laugh at me, and say you think way too much! So figure it out. It's in front of your face! But I just kept telling myself Prevost was out of the question. That was the best surprise of the year!!

I originally figured it would be for 90 new MCI's. So I never posted anything on it. And it wasn't. Well, at least not yet!B)

I like MCI's a lot, but I also love Prevost coaches. The ride is excellent, they handle great, and they look goooood!

So here's what we are looking at in the continuation of the 90 saga. I just got word there will be a few more additions on the horizon..........

1 award for 90 more Articulated Coaches

1 award for 90 more Express Buses

I am also being told that this 90 each thing will carry over well into 2011. But it is certain, this will only get more interesting.

We are a go for the Orion order as well!!! Pending aproval, that award is now scheduled for December.:cool:

So i did a little digging.....

Said to be in the works is a follow-on order for the next batch of articulated buses.

From what I am being told, and the documents I have read, it is now quite obvious that we will definitely be seeing more Nova products on the streets of New York!!!

If the MTA is coherent with its policy of buying from everyone in order to compare, I guess the artic order will go to New Flyer...

If the MTA is coherent with its policy of buying from everyone in order to compare, I guess the artic order will go to New Flyer...

Right. And current the New Flyer Contract calls for parts and fleet support of past. current, and future orders. So we may very well be putting together an artic order with them as we speak!!

Oh yeah, I know who the original poster was. I was just thanking you for posting it here.

This is exactly what I was thinking! So when I would say, It can't be Prevost because of all the reasons you both just posted, my friend would laugh at me, and say you think way too much! So figure it out. It's in front of your face! But I just kept telling myself Prevost was out of the question. That was the best surprise of the year!!

I originally figured it would be for 90 new MCI's. So I never posted anything on it. And it wasn't. Well, at least not yet!B)

I like MCI's a lot, but I also love Prevost coaches. The ride is excellent, they handle great, and they look goooood!

So here's what we are looking at in the continuation of the 90 saga. I just got word there will be a few more additions on the horizon..........

1 award for 90 more Articulated Coaches

1 award for 90 more Express Buses

I am also being told that this 90 each thing will carry over well into 2011. But it is certain, this will only get more interesting.

We are a go for the Orion order as well!!! Pending aproval, that award is now scheduled for December.:cool:

December this year or 2011? if its next month I'm With it!:cool:

Nova & NF will battle over that Artic order?

sweeeeeeeet!!! Thanks for this info OP!

Also, if I am not mistaken, I read that a good number of MCI's have leases that are expiring soon, and I would assume need to be sent back to MCI. Anyone know which buses these are (are they the newer 2xxx models with the white front instead of the silver front?), and what the final story is with them? I've been wondering about this for a while now.

sweeeeeeeet!!! Thanks for this info OP!

Also, if I am not mistaken, I read that a good number of MCI's have leases that are expiring soon, and I would assume need to be sent back to MCI. Anyone know which buses these are (are they the newer 2xxx models with the white front instead of the silver front?), and what the final story is with them? I've been wondering about this for a while now.

1860-2039 IIRC. I am also being told 1861 is being considered as a museum bus.

To touch on another thread we had about maintenance on the MCIs....this would be a good time for the MTA to start looking the the "bad actors" in the express fleet and get those buses out first, instead of just a mass retirement of the 18/19xx series of MCIs. I'm sure their are some 97/98 MCIs that run decent and those would be the ones to keep and junk the problem children.

I just hope they don't set the governor on the X3s at 45-50mph....that would just be ruining good equipment.

To touch on another thread we had about maintenance on the MCIs....this would be a good time for the MTA to start looking the the "bad actors" in the express fleet and get those buses out first, instead of just a mass retirement of the 18/19xx series of MCIs. I'm sure their are some 97/98 MCIs that run decent and those would be the ones to keep and junk the problem children.

Most of the 18/1900's I've been on recently actually run really smoothly and quietly. It's the 3200's that I've been on that tend to have the warning alarms going off for no reason, horrible screetching brakes, break-downs, etc.

I was told this news a few hors ago and shocked doesn't begin to get how I felt when I heard this. I didn't get to ride the bus in 2008 but I saw it once and it looked HOT on the street and I can't wait to ride one next year hopefully. This is some out of this world news right here! I know I didn't see it coming! LOL

As cool as this order is, and as neat and modern as these busses are, i sense the vikings at CS are now living on borrowed time, which is sad, because that's the only place i can see them within my reach of travel.

Sigh.

Anyone know which depots these are going to, and when first delivery is expected?

- A

Archived