NovaBus LFS Articulated Discussion

R32 3348

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I am being told that everything is going according to plan, and we are on track to begin taking delivey of the buses by next month. Im getting unconfirmed reports that some will go to QV. I have however confirmed that Ulmer Park has first dibbs. It looks like we will be receiving new buses (all manufacturers) every month for the next 16+ months straight!

(MTA) is definitely going my way!:cool:

Dont QV still have orion 5 Diesels left?

Dont QV still have orion 5 Diesels left?

Bro I wish we still did.

Last O5 out of Queens Village was 256, back in 2008. Left late Feburary

Before that was the 600 series, which left with the arrival of the O7s & retirement of GMC RTS's. They went to Casey Stengel

Bro I wish we still did.

Last O5 out of Queens Village was 256, back in 2008. Left late Feburary

Before that was the 600 series, which left with the arrival of the O7s & retirement of GMC RTS's. They went to Casey Stengel

If I remember correctly 256 was also the last 1993 Orion V to be retired.

Well to veer off a bit.Up here in stamford our new LFSA`s will begin service in february!!!!

BOO!

Just Kidding!:)

I heard about this a couple of weeks ago. New Haven and Stamford get the first batch and Hartford gets shut out until the next batch comes in. Personally I have doubts about Hartford ever getting artics just based on the way the routes are setup.

I am being told that everything is going according to plan, and we are on track to begin taking delivey of the buses by next month. Im getting unconfirmed reports that some will go to QV. I have however confirmed that Ulmer Park has first dibbs. It looks like we will be receiving new buses (all manufacturers) every month for the next 16+ months straight!

(MTA) is definitely going my way!:cool:

If the LFS go to Queens Village, How Much I bet those Orion VII Hybirds would go to MTA Bus, (Not all of them) They wanted to give the 1st bacth of Hybirds (6400's to BP and LGA to replace the 1991 TMC's but they scrapped the idea)

It would make sense to give BP and JFK some LFS because they are getting the LFSA artics in the near futrue, i would love to see an LFS on the Q111/113

Question..

The demo bus built to (MTA) specs is that a pilot?

Yes. 0055 is the pilot for the order.

If the LFS go to Queens Village, How Much I bet those Orion VII Hybirds would go to MTA Bus, (Not all of them) They wanted to give the 1st bacth of Hybirds (6400's to BP and LGA to replace the 1991 TMC's but they scrapped the idea)

It would make sense to give BP and JFK some LFS because they are getting the LFSA artics in the near futrue, i would love to see an LFS on the Q111/113

It would be interesting to see some TA OG's at BC depots.

I drove a couple Classics before, but they had power steering. I liked them.

The classic I drove had power steering, but it just felt way to wide. The last fishbowl I drove though, man was that nice, it was in almost new condition and was was just what a bus should be.

The classic I drove had power steering, but it just felt way to wide. The last fishbowl I drove though, man was that nice, it was in almost new condition and was was just what a bus should be.

It's possible the Classic was wider @ 102". A lot of Fishbowls were only 96" wide. It is a different feel.

• 1 month later...

Will the new Prevosts have more seating than the current MCIs used on express bus lines and will any other important dimensions be different (i.e. wider aisles)? The one like I like about the later versions of the MCI4500 is that they made it easier to get on and off with bags and such. It's nearly impossible for me to get off with my laptop briefcase strapped onto me on the older MCIs without banging into the rail that sits by the farebox.

Also, any idea which express bus routes the demo bus will be on?

Will the new Prevosts have more seating than the current MCIs used on express bus lines and will any other important dimensions be different (i.e. wider aisles)?

the seating is 57. same count as to MCI.

it will be the same aisles to MCI.

Also, any idea which express bus routes the demo bus will be on?

Staten Island (possibly Charleston or the other two) and Brooklyn's Ulmar Park will get these buses.

Last I heard it was Castleton, that's where they have all the oldest of the MCI fleet at (the 102-DLW3SS'). They're only getting 50 while the rest go to Ulmer Park.

(from a Nov. 2010 SI Advance article)

We've had the sh*tty old MCIs for years and with Castleton's track record for maintenance, they've aged them even more. I sure as heck am looking forward to the new buses... Seats that will recline, no broken bells and no ovens in the summer time due to lack of AC... :mad:

Since they only have the X10 and X14 now, I would think that they could have those running most of the time and do without the old MCIs unless they need maintenance or something. I can see them certainly using those buses a lot on the X10 on the weekends to make sure that the runs stay reliable. When they got some of the 3000s when the Castleton MCI fleet was in terrible shape, they used them a ton on the X10 on the weekends and service got better since there were less breakdowns.

Very smart what the (MTA) is doing in my opinion. Castleton just needs to make sure that they take care of those buses!! :mad:

You also have to take in consideration that a spare factor is a must, so just because Castleton will be getting those X3-45s, 50 buses won't be enough. But for the most part those DLW3SS' should be given the boot by the end of the year, but there needs to be a spare factor.

I don't even know how many MCIs Castleton has since the online roster at the TTMG forum hasn't been updated in a matter of months, and a roster that I used to obtain monthly from a transit club in Manhattan, I haven't been there in ages, so I don't know the number of buses at certain depots off the bat.

Archived