NovaBus LFS Articulated Discussion

R32 3348

You also have to take in consideration that a spare factor is a must, so just because Castleton will be getting those X3-45s, 50 buses won't be enough. But for the most part those DLW3SS' should be given the boot by the end of the year, but there needs to be a spare factor.

I don't even know how many MCIs Castleton has since the online roster at the TTMG forum hasn't been updated in a matter of months, and a roster that I used to obtain monthly from a transit club in Manhattan, I haven't been there in ages, so I don't know the number of buses at certain depots off the bat.

They can keep those MCIs for the rush when needed. Otherwise I want to see the new suckers on the road!! :cool: Funny thing is I never got to ride that bloody demo bus they had out a few years back. I saw it twice I believe on the X10 while in Midtown on 57th st and Madison and Downtown also, so hopefully I'll actually get to ride the first one when it comes out this year.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 3 weeks later...

***If no one else has posted this already***

"Staten Island" will receive 60 Prevost buses and Ulmer Park will get the last 30 Prevost buses (Originally it was 45 to Ulmer Park and 45 to Castleton).

Looks like Castleton and possibly Yukon COULD be the two depots because they have the OLDEST MCIs running. WAIT...yes...Yukon has the 2200s, which could be moved to Charleston. No one knows but the MTA brass themselves. However, Castleton would receive some of these buses. Stay tuned as this COULD change...yet again.

From Buschat (MWAP), the following information is pretty accurate. The NovaBus TL-40102A Assignments as follows:

8000-8029 - Castleton (30 NGs will be moved to Brooklyn...my guess would be Flatbush. What numbers, I would HOPE 4245-4278 to match up FLA's 4220-4244 but whatever.)

8030-8059 - Ulmer Park (to most likely replace the 1996 Novas)

8060-8089 - Queens Village (again to replace the 1996 Novas...thank god for that!)

8000-8029 - Castleton (30 NGs will be moved to Brooklyn...my guess would be Flatbush. What numbers, I would HOPE 4245-4278 to match up FLA's 4220-4244 but whatever.)

I hope that changes to Charleston....

From Buschat (MWAP), the following information is pretty accurate. The NovaBus TL-40102A Assignments as follows:

8060-8089 - Queens Village (again to replace the 1996 Novas...thank god for that!)

Looks like Fresh Pond isn't getting those (crap :mad:). And I hope those NGs don't get moved over there. There's a giant chunk of '96 Novas that needs replacing (including 2 from '95 I believe (8752 & 8753)

I hope that changes to Charleston....

I hope so too. It doesn't make sense for Castleton to get new buses when they got the NG's in 2009 and Charleston is full of Orion V's that in some cases need to be replaced. This is a "I'll believe it when I see it" case.

I hope so too. It doesn't make sense for Castleton to get new buses when they got the NG's in 2009 and Charleston is full of Orion V's that in some cases need to be replaced. This is a "I'll believe it when I see it" case.

Yes it does, because Castleton still has Orion Vs too. Charleston has only 6200s and those were all overhauled back in 2008. And I think it's nice to have a depot on SI that doesn't run any hybrids because months or years from now that is all we'll have.

Yes it does, because Castleton still has Orion Vs too. Charleston has only 6200s and those were all overhauled back in 2008. And I think it's nice to have a depot on SI that doesn't run any hybrids because months or years from now that is all we'll have.

I have a friend of mine who's a bus driver at Charleston and he says that the buses are falling apart. The Nova's aren't hybrids, they are diesels

I have a friend of mine who's a bus driver at Charleston and he says that the buses are falling apart. The Nova's aren't hybrids, they are diesels

That's because the depot they were at previously was...Castleton (a.k.a. Castles**t), who beat their buses up the worst. And the NGs can't go to Charleston because they aren't equipped for hybrids.

I really hope something changes at the last minute....

That's because the depot they were at previously was...Castleton (a.k.a. Castles**t), who beat their buses up the worst. And the NGs can't go to Charleston because they aren't equipped for hybrids.

I really hope something changes at the last minute....

Honestly, with the opening of Charleston, I seen some improvements with some of their Orion Vs.

I won't be shocked if the LFS still finds its way over to Charleston. The same friend I mentioned further up on the page told me that the info about Castleton getting the LFS WAS true because Charleston wasn't open yet but now that Charleston is running, its supposed to get the buses. Again, we'll see what happens with the buses pretty soon.

On that, I would actually expect CAS' 4200s to go to Yukon, bumping 33 O5s to Stengel to finish off the 600s. The 100s will have to go a bit longer.

On that, I would actually expect CAS' 4200s to go to Yukon, bumping 33 O5s to Stengel to finish off the 600s. The 100s will have to go a bit longer.

What #100s? There has not been a 100 series Orion at Stengel in about two years.

If you mean the 100s at MTA Bus, then that has NOTHING to do with New York City Transit. Last I checked, the NGs are up for Brooklyn (Grand Av OR Flatbush). Could that change? Sure it can. We both know that. ;-)

It would be a total surprise if Fresh Pond gets those displaced NGs, but that may or may not happen.

I would cry lol. But seriously we need something. I hope its the New Flyers (LFRs or XDs, whatever one they're ordering) cuz buses are falling out faster than they can be reapired

:eek::eek::eek::tup::tup::tup::tup::tup:

Hope it doesn't take so long, and I hope they run on the Q27 (why wouldn't they though).

Archived