NovaBus LFS Articulated Discussion

R32 3348

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

at $14k less than the original quote price, they are still $13k more than the ones the we received last year. last time i checked the warranty agreement, 1200-1289 cost about $690K a piece...is there something extra being added to these new LFSA's to justify the price jump or is it just inflation?

at $14k less than the original quote price, they are still $13k more than the ones the we received last year. last time i checked the warranty agreement, 1200-1289 cost about $690K a piece...is there something extra being added to these new LFSA's to justify the price jump or is it just inflation?

One thing is the EPA 2010 engine and systems.

Other that a slight rise in inflation, the EPA 2010 compliance automatically caused prices to rise on most all buses. New Flyer however was much better insulated because they had about $75 Million cash on hand.

I will be very interested in seeing the price of the New Flyer artics that are coming in.

Raw materials costs are up in general - bus frames and major components like engines and transmissions require various metal inputs, the manufacture of plastics and many molded parts usually involve some petroleum products, etc.

Bus manufacturers have to be careful when bidding and setting option prices - what may look like a steal for the buyer could be a loss for the builder if they were too aggressive in trying to beat out their competitors. Flxible had plenty of orders in the books when they went out of business - they just couldn't afford to build those buses at the prices they agreed to in the various bids.

Those artics won't be able to get here fast enough---the older New Flyer artics are almost done.

The fleet numbers for these should be 1290-1617 or 1300-1627.

Also, the MTA should be prepared to change all of the A/C units to Thermo-King down the line; the Carrier LFSs really are lacking.

Those artics won't be able to get here fast enough---the older New Flyer artics are almost done.

Also, the MTA should be prepared to change all of the A/C units to Thermo-King down the line; the Carrier LFSs really are lacking.

The 90 test buses have Carrier systems too right?

Lets not exaggerate here, the New Flyer artics can still make it to 2012, and probably a little more if sent to a good depot (Quill).

:confused: Why are those seats which cover the wheels and/or other engine/electric/whatever stuff on the LFS/LFSA different than all the other seats on the bus? They are more rounded and seem a bit bigger. i ask this because none of the other busses have seats like this, and also the LFSA demo from (I think) 2008 had the squared off seats like the rest of the nyc bus fleet to cover the wheels but the rest of the bus had those rounded bigger seats......?????? :confused:

:confused: Why are those seats which cover the wheels and/or other engine/electric/whatever stuff on the LFS/LFSA different than all the other seats on the bus? They are more rounded and seem a bit bigger. i ask this because none of the other busses have seats like this, and also the LFSA demo from (I think) 2008 had the squared off seats like the rest of the nyc bus fleet to cover the wheels but the rest of the bus had those rounded bigger seats......?????? :confused:

Because every Nova come like that; unlike the demos which had American Seating 6468 set of mold completely at rear.

Novabus has successfully completed MTA's Bus Qualification program. The first 90 test buses received favorable results. Some of the new buses may have features and options that differ from the ones currently in service.

328 Buses are to be delivered between August of this year, and April of 2013.

These buses will replace the remaining New Flyer D60HF's in the 1070-1109, and 5250-5509 series. 48 of the buses will go to the outer boroughs for expanded articulated service. Several routes throughout Brooklyn, Queens, and Staten Island will be converted to articulated operations over the next 2 years.

At $703,874 each, these buses will actually cost more than $14,000 less than what was quoted in the initial proposal. This resulted in a total savings of more than $4.6 Million.

These buses will have the 330hp Cummins ISL9 EPA 2010 8.9L engine.

The transmission will likely be the ZF Ecolife 6AP1700B. The Allison B500R is also an option.

It is also unclear at this time whether the buses will have Carrier, or

Thermo King HVAC systems.

It would make sense for the fleet numbers to be 1000-1199, 1290-1417.

I can't believe it. Brooklyn, Queens and SI are finally going to get articulated buses. That is great news. Long overdue. I hope we can get some LFSAs on the Q12 and Q13 routes.

Agreed, isn't UP batch finished and QV should be getting these buses right about now? 801 and 230 took everyone's attention off of this order lol.

I was just thinking about that this weekend, isn't there any news about QV getting their Nova's yet? I hope they start arriving in Queens very soon.

I was just thinking about that this weekend, isn't there any news about QV getting their Nova's yet? I hope they start arriving in Queens very soon.

Word. I've been looking out 24/7 here

Buses are being held up at Prevost facility due to issue from seating manufacturer. Should be more progress this week.

Thanks for the info Novasupporter. Hopefully they will get this issue resolved very quickly.

I hope we can get some LFSAs on the Q12 and Q13 routes.

That won't happen anytime in the near future because Stengel can't handle artics.

Buses are being held up at Prevost facility due to issue from seating manufacturer. Should be more progress this week.

:tup: The delivery timetable has been pused back slightly because the TA does not like the arrangement of the seats on the buses that have been delivered so far. They are working with 4ONE/Nova IIRC to resolve the issue.

Does anyone know if the door manufacturer is Vapor?

Stengel can't handle artics??? Can CP? If not, that means very few in the congested Flushing area!

The only Queens depots that will be able to handle artics for now will be Baisley Park, JFK, and Jamaica Depot version 2.0.

Archived