NovaBus LFS Articulated Discussion

R32 3348

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

For those of you who live in the Boston area - you can now ride ex-Rutgers Univ. Nova LFS on the Boston Univ. shuttle. I've seen numbers 2124 thru 2126. These buses were built 2007-08.

The BU shuttle runs on the hour and half hour from Comm. Av & Agannis Way to the Med Campus. It's a good, free ride - no BU affiliation is necessary to ride these well maintained NOVAs.

For those of you who live in the Boston area - you can now ride ex-Rutgers Univ. Nova LFS on the Boston Univ. shuttle. I've seen numbers 2124 thru 2126. These buses were built 2007-08.

The BU shuttle runs on the hour and half hour from Comm. Av & Agannis Way to the Med Campus. It's a good, free ride - no BU affiliation is necessary to ride these well maintained NOVAs.

Arent those Nova's owned by Academy?

• 2 weeks later...

I've only rode the Nova LFS on the B6 twice, and don't like it, at all.

The seating arrangement is the rear of the bus is fu*king ridiculous. I can understand why the face-to-face double seats were arranged, due to the design of the cover over the rear wheels, but talk about no room at all.

The rear door seems OK, but as you press the yellow bar, it has somewhat of a delay reaction time to opening.

One thing I've noticed is that they've tried to conceal the operator into his own lil semi-cabin, which looks pretty comfortable. But what do I know, lol.

I've only rode the Nova LFS on the B6 twice, and don't like it, at all.

The seating arrangement is the rear of the bus is fu*king ridiculous. I can understand why the face-to-face double seats were arranged, due to the design of the cover over the rear wheels, but talk about no room at all.

The rear door seems OK, but as you press the yellow bar, it has somewhat of a delay reaction time to opening.

One thing I've noticed is that they've tried to conceal the operator into his own lil semi-cabin, which looks pretty comfortable. But what do I know, lol.

The seating arrangements are actively being changed. The doors, which are made by Vapor are adjustable. The only problem is if you speed them up too much they need to be serviced more frequency. However, I agree they need to be adjusted slightly.

Just sayin' to some people who still think that the 2009 / 2010 LFSAs have EcoLife, well, here's the proof that they have Ecomat (6HP604C) directly from ZF's site. B)

http://www.zf.com/corporate/en/products/product_range/buses/buses.html

1. Click on the first pic on your Left where it says "The world takes the bus" with a pic of some NYC buses.

2. Click on the pic where we can read #6678.

3. Read the second paragraph in ZF technology in New York.

I know that some of you have already found out that they have Ecomat by yourselves, but I'm just posting this for those who still don't know. :P

Just sayin' to some people who still think that the 2009 / 2010 LFSAs have EcoLife, well, here's the proof that they have Ecomat (6HP604C) directly from ZF's site. :)

http://www.zf.com/corporate/en/products/product_range/buses/buses.html

1. Click on the first pic on your Left where it says "The world takes the bus" with a pic of some NYC buses.

2. Click on the pic where we can read #6678.

3. Read the second paragraph in ZF technology in New York.

I know that some of you have already found out that they have Ecomat by yourselves, but I'm just posting this for those who still don't know. B)

Thank you, but I thought we already established this 2 years ago.... Ecolife is a EPA10 option, and the LFSA's are EPA07.

Thank you, but I thought we already established this 2 years ago.... Ecolife is a EPA10 option, and the LFSA's are EPA07.

Yes, I know. But I recevied some rude comments some pages backs while talking about that; but I'm okay now. ;)

Yes, I know. But I recevied some rude comments some pages backs while talking about that; but I'm okay now. ;)

You have to ignore things sometimes, but it's good you brought it back up. Obviously there are still a few out there who thought it was Ecolife, which is totally understandable.:tup:

The seating arrangements are actively being changed. The doors, which are made by Vapor are adjustable. The only problem is if you speed them up too much they need to be serviced more frequency. However, I agree they need to be adjusted slightly.

Can you elaborate further on the adjusting the seating arrangements?

And the doors are actually a good design, opposed to other models in the MTA fleet. The doors seem to be guided as it's opening (rather than a flexible push-type), just with the slow delay when activating it with the yellow bar.

First bus off this order is expected around August 1st, 2011. Preliminary report is that the first batches are 126th Street (OS) and Gun Hill (GH) bound.

I know that I'm kinda early for saying this, but 2 questions to your knowledge.

1) Any word on fleet #'s

2) Which current fleet of artics will leave 126th & GH and go to other to other depots. *There's word that Flatbush can start housing artics, since lifts are there*

I know that I'm kinda early for saying this, but 2 questions to your knowledge.

1) Any word on fleet #'s

2) Which current fleet of artics will leave 126th & GH and go to other to other depots. *There's word that Flatbush can start housing artics, since lifts are there*

I've already spouted back those questions to someone in the know and will hopefully have a solid answer for you shortly.

Can you elaborate further on the adjusting the seating arrangements?

And the doors are actually a good design, opposed to other models in the MTA fleet. The doors seem to be guided as it's opening (rather than a flexible push-type), just with the slow delay when activating it with the yellow bar.

IIRC, the seats in the rear that face each other will be spaced out 2 more inches from each other.

So this afternoon I saw a brand new-looking LFS (non-articulated, obviously, one of the 80XX units) in service with passengers on the Q46 around 6 pm!

Now, I have not been in the area of Union Turnpike in a while now, so I do not know if this is news or not, but I only saw this one in service all day, and i do not remember anyone mentioning QV receiving these buses yet, or seeing any pics of it. I could be wrong, so please correct me if this is not news. It had QV stickers on it.

Archived