NovaBus LFS Articulated Discussion

R32 3348

So this afternoon I saw a brand new-looking LFS (non-articulated, obviously, one of the 80XX units) in service with passengers on the Q46 around 6 pm!

Now, I have not been in the area of Union Turnpike in a while now, so I do not know if this is news or not, but I only saw this one in service all day, and i do not remember anyone mentioning QV receiving these buses yet, or seeing any pics of it. I could be wrong, so please correct me if this is not news. It had QV stickers on it.

It must be that you haven't been on the forums lately, QV now has 8060-8062 & 8069 :cool:.

EDIT: QV now has (or is very soon going to have) 8060-8069 & 8072.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
It must be that you haven't been on the forums lately, QV now has 8060-8062 & 8069 :cool:.

EDIT: QV now has (or is very soon going to have) 8060-8069 & 8072.

Yeah, I do not pay close attention to threads that discuss which specific few buses get switched to which depot, as I find that kind of thing quite boring. Seeing the bus was a nice surprise.

I wonder what type of transmission the new Nova Artics will have? I hope Allison, my understanding is that ZF transmissions in the 12xx LSFAs doesn't handle heavy loads well, I remember cartman posting on here about how great the power is on the Allison tranny Novas @ CAS. It would cure the speed issue when the bus is SRO and offer a smoother ride, The Allsion does pretty good with the lousy DD50 EGR on the Flyers, so Imagine how awesome a ISL - Allison Nova Artic would be!?

I rode a Allsion tranny LFS on the S53 today... much much better than the ZF IMO.

I was around union tpke all day and didn't see a single LFS on the (Q46) today. Anyone know if there is supposed to be a specific amount assigned to that route, or if it is all fairly random?
Theres no specific amount assigned to any route.

depends on the driver and when the bus goes out.

I was around union tpke all day and didn't see a single LFS on the (Q46) today. Anyone know if there is supposed to be a specific amount assigned to that route, or if it is all fairly random?

I think it's just random. I managed to see a Q46 LFS when I was in Queens the other day on the Q44, but I wouldn't go looking for it.

Going by TTMG wiki's numbers, one has a rough 1-in-5 chance of catching a LFS on a Castleton route, a 1-in-6 chance on an Ulmer Park route, and only a 1-in-17 (!!!!) chance on a Queens Village route. That partially explains the low LFS count on your Q46.

(Unless my math is off, I really hope not!)

I took my first LFS ride today on the B3 ;)

.... Yes, I want a cookie.

EDIT: I just realized we have LFS buses in all 5 boroughs! W00t!

I think it's just random. I managed to see a Q46 LFS when I was in Queens the other day on the Q44, but I wouldn't go looking for it.

Going by TTMG wiki's numbers, one has a rough 1-in-5 chance of catching a LFS on a Castleton route, a 1-in-6 chance on an Ulmer Park route, and only a 1-in-17 (!!!!) chance on a Queens Village route. That partially explains the low LFS count on your Q46.

(Unless my math is off, I really hope not!)

I took my first LFS ride today on the B3 ;)

.... Yes, I want a cookie.

EDIT: I just realized we have LFS buses in all 5 boroughs! W00t!

they are in only 3 boroughs.....

Did you love it? my first time today.. Woo! my new favorite bus

If the LFSAs are included, then they are in all 5 boroughs.

And I did enjoy the LFS ride! Just between you and me though, I prefer the LFSA's transmission....

Those LFSAs transmission won't be back anytime sooner on your new Artics as they were Ecomats, and Ecomats are not part of the EPA 2010 combo. :P

So if you guys get ZF again, they will be EcoLife 6AP1700B - Very similar sound to your 40-footers LFSes, but hey I also like the sound of these ones! :):P

Speaking of the LFS I just finished a coversation with my mother about the bus. She just rode it back home & mentions that it rides smooth. However according to the B/O that operated the bus he said that the buses cost Half-Milliion Dollar$ per bus & the people were consfused as to how the (MTA) could still afford to pay for the bus. He seemed like a decent B/O too. Interesting. Still can't wait 'till I get my ride on the LFS.:P

For Anyone it interests

The 3:53 PM Q43 out of Jamaica - LIRR Station, Mon - Fri is now always an LFS. There is a guaranteed catch. I've been riding the LFS for a few day from that. Same operator different LFS

I posted earlier in the thread about my likes and dislikes with the Nova LFS units; but to add onto the thread of 'dislikes' is the destination sign. The LFSA takes it a bit more to my liking; it mirrors the Orion 7NG Hybrid destination sign-types.

The LFSA and NGs are both Luminator Titans while the LFS is Axion. The Axion looks good to some extent but I'm with you, I rather prefer Titans over Axions.

The white LFS Artic that arrived on August 1st (As promised in my previous post on this topic), is in fact an New York MTA unit.

The Zerega Avenue CMF will decal the bus and it will be sent off to 126th Street Depot next week where it will start a 30-day Pilot test. If all goes well, the remaining 327 units will be built as such. There is several new features on the bus that are being scrutinized:

New Door Sensors on all three doors

Twin Vision LED Destination Signs

New Taillight arrangement (similar to the new C40LF, dual reds)

Frameless windows

Alcoa Durabrite Rims

New Seats

Its been said that the bus' number is 1290. I did not bother to ask if the bus would be decal-ed in our new scheme layout or whether it will be Select wrapped, either way be on the look out between Wednesday and Friday of next week for this bus to arrive at 126th St.

Thanks for the update, I'm liking this bus more and more -- Alcoas especially. I'd imagine this'll be the first to push out the 10xx and 11xx buses (and maybe even some RTSes, sadly) to move the 5500s and 5600s over to 100th and Quill to push out the 5300s and 5400s.

How man do we think 126 is getting? It's not 90 is it?

Its not 90, but I know its a substantial amount that will allow the M60 line to go 100% artic.

Thanks for the update, I'm liking this bus more and more -- Alcoas especially. I'd imagine this'll be the first to push out the 10xx and 11xx buses (and maybe even some RTSes, sadly) to move the 5500s and 5600s over to 100th and Quill to push out the 5300s and 5400s.

How man do we think 126 is getting? It's not 90 is it?

Just hoping that Brooklyn and queens can finally into the artic bandwagon get these 53xx's and 54xx's from Manhattan.

Also, are the 5200's and early 5300's artic buses in the Bronx are being replaced?

Archived