NovaBus LFS Articulated Discussion

R32 3348

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Will LGA see any artics
Hell no dont give Dieboro coach that bus!! The only line out of LGA i see that even operating on is the Q53 since it has little curves,LGA isnt that big to house many LFSA's and lets face it LGA doesnt have the tooling to keep them together.Remember when they were Triboro coach and the conditions they kept their buses? WHOA NELLY!!!!!

DEFINITE GARAGES:

126th Street (M60), Gun Hill and Flatbush (B44)SBS

RUMORED GARAGES:

Casey Stengel (Q44), JFK (Q8) (Q10), Baisley Park (Q113)

The Rumored garage are actually slated for Articulateds and are in the Capital Budget for Articulated upgrades to the garages. It is not known whether these garages will get these buses brand new OR hand-me-downs from the Bronx and Manhattan's New Flyer D60HFs.

I confirmed this afternoon that BP, and JFK are definitely supposed to get a total of 72 LFSA's. The buses are scheduled to be ordered in January.

Saw that coming. Replacing the 28 Orion Vs at JFK and the 39 at BP. That a replacing count of 67 Orion Vs. hmmm....

36 for each i wonder??? :/

and can I make a prediction:

Would it be possible that 0059 would do a debut revenue test on the Q10 & Q60 for the MTABC?

DEFINITE GARAGES:

126th Street (M60), Gun Hill and Flatbush (B44)SBS

RUMORED GARAGES:

Casey Stengel (Q44), JFK (Q8) (Q10), Baisley Park (Q113)

The Rumored garage are actually slated for Articulateds and are in the Capital Budget for Articulated upgrades to the garages. It is not known whether these garages will get these buses brand new OR hand-me-downs from the Bronx and Manhattan's New Flyer D60HFs.

i heard a rumor that b/c we already have new buses at 126th, we might not see any of that 328 bus LFSA order past the tester thats sitting in Zerega. but instead we will get the 52xx - 54xx when our 1xxx's and 11xx's expire. and it might be the same for Gun Hill...

i heard a rumor that b/c we already have new buses at 126th, we might not see any of that 328 bus LFSA order. but instead we will get the 52xx - 54xx when our 1xxx's and 11xx's expire. and it might be the same for Gun Hill...

52xx and 54xx buses are being replaced via the new order of 328 buses, and probably + 100 extra buses

If anything the 55xx and 56xx buses are going to be up for grabs for Manhattan garages. If the new bus works out, 126 is definitely on the bill to receive those buses + Gun Hill and Possibly Flatbush* (January 2013 at the earliest) when SBS is hitting on Nostrand Ave.

As we have all witnessed over the past few years, anything is subject to change. This is what we are looking at right now guys. This is info I got today from ENY.

The 328 buses will replace whatever is left of the 1000-1109 lot, and 5250-5509.

48 Buses out of this order are said to be for the (M34)(MJQ), (M60)(126 st), and expand additional articulated service throughout the 5 boroughs.

Flatbush is now rumored to be getting XD60's for the (B44)SBS to test the buses out in BRT service. Rumor also has it the route may be split with Grand Avenue.

The next order for Nova artics is scheduled for January, and will include 172 buses. 100 of these are said to be for (S79)(Charleston), (Q44)(Stengel), expand more articulated service, and to shift some New Flyer D60's around.

72 of the buses are for (Q113)(Baisey Park), and (Q8), (Q10)(JFK).

and can I make a prediction:

Would it be possible that 0059 would do a debut revenue test on the Q10 & Q60 for the MTABC?

Anything is possible with "0059," but it's said to only run on the M15. I don't see it on the Q10, but that's not to say it couldn't happen. BP however is a good year away from getting artics of their own.

Flatbush is now rumored to be getting XD60's for the (B44)SBS to test the buses out in BRT service. Rumor also has it the route may be split with Grand Avenue.

The split with Grand makes sense if it means the B47 will return to Flatbush. Reliefs will have to occur during the rush hour or something for Grand runs, since the Q59 has better headways during the rush hour than it does during the mid-day. Pull out, a round trip or two, and then pull in if it's the mid-day when reliefs aren't the best thing on the north end of the B44.

As we have all witnessed over the past few years, anything is subject to change. This is what we are looking at right now guys. This is info I got today from ENY.

The 328 buses will replace whatever is left of the 1000-1109 lot, and 5250-5509.

48 Buses out of this order are said to be for the (M34)(MJQ), (M60)(126 st), and expand additional articulated service throughout the 5 boroughs.

The next order for Nova artics is scheduled for January, and will include 172 buses. 100 of these are said to be for (S79)(Charleston), (Q44)(Stengel), expand more articulated service, and to shift some New Flyer D60's around.

72 of the buses are for (Q113)(Baisey Park), and (Q8), (Q10)(JFK).

Anything is possible with "0059," but it's said to only run on the M15. I don't see it on the Q10, but that's not to say it couldn't happen. BP however is a good year away from getting artics of their own.

Ok. First, I think you mean the Q6, right? I don't see the Q8 having artics before the Q6.

Second, ONLY 48 buses for the M34 and M60? 24 a piece IF that? I like the idea of making the M34 an artic route. Actually, it's about damn time.

Isn't the B44 SBS supposed to start before the XD60's show up. I also don't see all 90 going to the 44 unless they want to also put artics on the local.
I'm hoping they send some old Flyers over to start it off, now that the depot is said to have been modified to handle artics.

Ok. First, I think you mean the Q6, right? I don't see the Q8 having artics before the Q6.

Second, ONLY 48 buses for the M34 and M60? 24 a piece IF that? I like the idea of making the M34 an artic route. Actually, it's about damn time.

I would think more like an 18-30 split.

You know, with the "surplus" of artics one would think of making MOST Crosstown routes (especially in Midtown) to become artic routes.

Routes like the M34 (which is going to become artic), M42 (SHOULD become an artic route), M57 (has had artics on the route before...I've been on the M57 when it was out of 126th St) and even the M31 as well.

Just a thought.

You know, with the "surplus" of artics one would think of making MOST Crosstown routes (especially in Midtown) to become artic routes.

Routes like the M34 (which is going to become artic), M42 (SHOULD become an artic route), M57 (has had artics on the route before...I've been on the M57 when it was out of 126th St) and even the M31 as well.

Just a thought.

The (M31) currently does use artics, being based out of 126th St Depot.

M35 and M116 too. So every route in the depot sees Artics on a regular basis: M15 local, M15 SBS, M31, M35, M60, M116. I think 126 Street might have an Artic-only fleet in the future. Especially after they renovate it.

Well, the M31 is going to MJQ while the M100 comes to 126th St either in the Fall pick OR the Winter pick. That information comes from an operator at the depot. (Might be old news to some) So the M31 won't be artic...at least for a while.

Well, the M31 is going to MJQ while the M100 comes to 126th St either in the Fall pick OR the Winter pick. That information comes from an operator at the depot. (Might be old news to some) So the M31 won't be artic...at least for a while.

#1. i've never seen an artic on the M31. i've only seen RTS's run the route...

#2. the M100 coming to 126th??? what does KB get in return??? i gotta ask about that when i get to work tomorrow...

#1. i've never seen an artic on the M31. i've only seen RTS's run the route...

#2. the M100 coming to 126th??? what does KB get in return??? i gotta ask about that when i get to work tomorrow...

dsc04772ze.jpg

dsc04688o.jpg

During weekday rush hours and/or mid-days......a Artic will pop up on the M31. Sometimes a NG will pop on the M31 as well!

Isn't the B44 SBS supposed to start before the XD60's show up. I also don't see all 90 going to the 44 unless they want to also put artics on the local.

Nope. 45 XD60's are scheduled to be delivered just before the (B44)SBS goes online.

Yes, I did! Thanks!:tup:

Not sure. I was just told "of the 48 extras" which are rumored to be for those 2 lines. I know for as fact artics are planned for those two lines, but I haven't confirmed a specific amount.

was spotted in service by yours truly earlier this afternoon...was spotted heading uptown at South Ferry on the M15 Local at approximately 3:30 PM...should be heading downtown from 125th by now...sorry no photos or run # available as I was inside 1262 when I saw it.

Good luck!

Archived