NovaBus LFS Articulated Discussion

R32 3348

Nice that the M15 is getting more new buses, but they need to replace the ones on the M14. Those buses are filthy and so rank. Those cushion seats hold a lot of stench apparently... :eek:

Uh it's not replacing anything... it's a DEMO when the 30 days are up it should go back to NOVA

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

YAY!!!! :

I was coming back home from Chinatown, since Crystie St was flooded with cars, I turned on Grand St. I was really hoping to catch 0059. So when I was waiting for the red light, 0059 zoomed past my car, BOY I WAS LUCKY!! My first time seeing a demo!! I will go out this week or next week before school starts to catch it again with some pics, and ride it!

That a shame because when it open the buses where farley new. GH, KB & MJQ have the same Models that look better. Outside the M101 I don't see how so much wear & tear got put on those D60's.

you must not kno about the second busiest bus route in the world that the D60's run on. or the torture that they endure on the inside running the M35...

you must not kno about the second busiest bus route in the world that the D60's run on. or the torture that they endure on the inside running the M35...

OHS does not run the M35 thats 126 which by the way has the heavest line yet there D60 don't look like OHS. Plus 126 has more models to maintain then just D60 so why do there D60 look like that ?

Given the M35 situation I would do my best to keep "hand-me-downs" on that route and run the new buses on M15 and M60. The crosstowns at 126th are fine with the RTS.

I can't wait to see more new buses at Gun Hill Depot. Maybe some of these will be SBS wrapped for Bx12 and 1200-1232 can be freed for service on other routes. ;)

Given the M35 situation I would do my best to keep "hand-me-downs" on that route and run the new buses on M15 and M60. The crosstowns at 126th are fine with the RTS.

Are you sure? Because the M116 is the only Crosstown at 126 and it gets swamped. The M31 which in theory is a Crosstown, gets swamped as well. Artics are seen on those lines for a reason...

OHS does not run the M35 thats 126 which by the way has the heavest line yet there D60 don't look like OHS. Plus 126 has more models to maintain then just D60 so why do there D60 look like that ?

all of these thing i know, i didn't know you were talking about just 100st buses though

• 1 month later...

So, 1285 - 1289 are getting swapped to Kingsbridge for some of their trash cans...I knew it wasn't gonna last. When the LFSA's first got here, one S/I told me that we were lucky to get the extra 10 buses. Oh well, I'll take it as a sign of better things to come (328 more LFSA's on the way)

• 4 weeks later...

First buses of the 328 order should be arriving next week. First 14 are off the production line just waiting for final touches and inspector acceptance. You asked for them, here they come. :cool:

cereal-guy-cereal-guy-spitting-l.png

Time to get these 1000s quick!!

Given the M35 situation I would do my best to keep "hand-me-downs" on that route and run the new buses on M15 and M60. The crosstowns at 126th are fine with the RTS....

Hell, sometimes on the overnight runs, you can find the +select bus beses on it. I remember one night, I was comming out that McDonalds right there across the street, and I saw 1236 on it, blue lights flashing and everything

Stopped me dead in my tracks

You know what, I just realized something. I was writing up a list of all the NovaBus LFS Articulated Buses all together during the next 4 years at a GED Prep Place I keep going to for an upcoming GED test I'm trying to take, and I did a little problem solving on dividing all 590 buses to 9 random bus depots of the NYCTA, plus one more of the MTA Bus. I was also nice enough to scan it on my computer, I'm gonna try to upload it to my next post so you'll be able to give out your opinions about my list.

Archived