NovaBus LFS Articulated Discussion

R32 3348

My thought would that the 8 1000s are going bye-bye and 20-21 2002-03 D60 artics could get anywhere in Brooklyn, Queens and/or Staten Island that could use these or being overhauled/storaged. Maybe..... just a thought..... ENY did say artics are gonna be scattered around.

Gun Hill: All 6 1000s GONE, 44 02-03 D60s moved/storaged. Leaving about 34 alone.

Quill: ALL 14 '98s LONG GONE, 23 02-03 D60s moved/storaged. Leaving about 42 alone for 30 more the DE60LFR to replace later. :P

126th: ALL 18 GONE, nothing change with 02-03 D60s, yet.

100th: 43 of the '98 GONE. 30 more in danger of being displaced by DE60s.

Flatbush: CONFUSION right of how many RTS or Orion VII to be replaced. who knows..... (please, any thoughts people)

Kingsbridge: 16 of oldest artics to go away with 120 left standing until the next order.

All the 1998 will be scraped a few 52xx & 53xx will be canned or maybe MTA Bus will get sum who knows.

Only a few? Try ALL 1998 New Flyer D60HF #1070-1109 series as well as ALL 1999-2000 New Flyer D60HF #5250-5509 series. The bulk of these upcoming orders will kill off the above mentioned buses.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
^ Sounds about right to me, especially with Quill returning its 1998s [:P] it seems like Flatbush is getting ready to make it a fleet mainly of 1998-1999 RTSes, O7s, and LFSAs.

Here's a specific question, anybody know the status of 5407 in all this? I'd think it'd survive a little longer than the rest of 100th's death-bound buses.

That sounds about right with your analysis on top.

But once FB receives artics slated for +SBS44+ expect movement around the Brooklyn Division for some 98/99RTS. Expect Fresh Pond to be in the mix, and possibly East New York.

My thought would that the 8 1000s are going bye-bye and 20-21 2002-03 D60 artics could get anywhere in Brooklyn, Queens and/or Staten Island that could use these or being overhauled/storaged. Maybe..... just a thought..... ENY did say artics are gonna be scattered around.

All the 1998 will be scraped a few 52xx & 53xx will be canned or maybe MTA Bus will get sum who knows.

As Ray stated, 5250-5509 will all be retired. Most all of the '96 Novas will be out as well.

I would imagine the Novas that will come to Flatbush will replace whatever 1996 RTSs that are there and the worst of the 9600s.

Those 9600's won't be retired until at least 2013 at the absolute earliest. Now where they will be housed is the question.

did you not see the post about the 30 New Flyer DE60LFR's that KB is supposedly getting??

http://www.nyctransitforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=32922

Thanks for the link I actually missed it somehow, the last thread I read, I thought we were just getting XD60s which were said to be delayed. The DE60LFR's are awesome love them on the 28 Ruggles-Mattapan route.

Wonder if those 56xxs are gonna go back to KB from 126 and 126'll take the LFSAs back...

Probably not, 126th seems to be one of the "graveyard" depots. This means that we get new stuff to break it in and iron out all the problems (I.e all of the 55xx's and 56xx's around Manhattan division), than swap then out to other depots in exchange for their buses on death row (I.e the current crop of 10xx's and 11xx's currently residing here). No complaints from me though, that's the main reason we get so much overtime ;-)

Haha, still those 56xxs came over in pretty decent shape though (ignore the interiors, just mechanically)?

--

So do these buses have hoodlum lamps? I assume not, but then none of them are going to be used for +SBS+?

decent shape mechanically??? I don't think so. In the 2 months we have had them, they have all been put out of service at least 3 or 4 times...

Really wow I was under the impression the buses were running well, shame to hear KB could mess up such new buses like that.

Speaking of maintenance, MHV, things not good! May be my depot but every day there's a new problem and 6749 has been running around for a week with a broken turbo.

Things might not be good at MHV, but they are probably worse at 126th. We're borrowing buses from MHV almost every day.

Oh those are because of mechanical problems? I thought that was because of the whole charging scene for the hybrids, makes sense the old fleet would have trouble though.

It's not that we can't fix the buses, its because management want to verify every single problem with customer service before they sign off on the repair...

Random question for anyone that wants to answer. Why are the hubs on the LFSA's (old and new) not painted blue like on ALL of the other new buses that are coming in (including the standard LFS's)?

Random question for anyone that wants to answer. Why are the hubs on the LFSA's (old and new) not painted blue like on ALL of the other new buses that are coming in (including the standard LFS's)?

That's a really good question. I was wondering the same thing, but keep forgetting to ask. They aren't pained blue on the Prevosts either. I'll try and remember to ask about that tonight or tomorrow.

• 2 weeks later...

Countdown: Flatbush

As many may already know, I'm not really a fan of the LFS, but I have definitely become a fan of the LFSA. Now if only MTA would get rid of those damn sealed beam headlamps we will be good to go!:cool:

In approximately 6 months, the artics are scheduled to make there way to the Borough of Brooklyn. A sight I have been waiting to see for nearly 12 years now. Currently, the only time we can catch an artic in Brooklyn is if one makes a trip to Grand Av. Depot, (and one is lucky enough to see it) or on subway shuttles.

To date, the buses themselves have performed very well. With the exception of a few very minor teething glitches, (Carrier HVAC) these bad boys have proven they can stand up to the unforgiving demands of New York City.

In the past 36 months, Nova has shown that they are here for the long haul, and are not playing any games. I stopped by their booth at APTA, and I must say they had the best display of all the manufacturers that were in attendance. These guys and gals mean serious business!

So let the countdown begin! About 190 days to go.

Brooklyn, Stand Up!

Archived