NovaBus LFS Articulated Discussion

R32 3348

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Probably because the Bx9 seems to need buses with shields the most due to the two attacks that have happened over the past half a year. Anything can happen anywhere, and most of the routes in KB suck from the average bus operator's standpoint (this depot has the worst or second worst pick in the whole system, with West Farms being the other crap depot), and myself and a lot of other KB operators will tell you they prefer the Bx9 over the Bx1/2/41/55. Everybody is different, but myself and most of the guys I know have the same opinion. Bx1/2 = Access-A-Ride-on-crack ghetto piece of shit drug addict rowdy people terrible traffic signals on Grand Concourse long ass bus route.

The MTA and/or TWU probably decided that the Bx9 has first priority due to the fact that that is where the worst assaults have happened over the past six months. Or any given time frame for that matter. Bus operators getting pulled out of seats is not something I had ever heard of before May or whenever the hell that shit first happened. Assaults happen on the Bx1/2/41/55 as well, but the fact of the matter is that the Bx9 has had the worst assaults for the past x number of months or whatever period of time you want to specify.

As a matter of information the 57xx LFS Artics have been delivered without shields so far. The shields are not factory installed. The buses arrive at the depot and then the NYCT maintenance guys install them within a day or two after they are delivered. I think that is how it works for most of them. Some might have had the shields installed before even entering revenue service but I do not know.

D60HFs 1xxx and 5250-5509 will not get shields because they would have to install a door with a shield on those buses, because they have the crowd control bar.

Also it is pointless since the 1xxx and 5250-5509 are on their deathbed anyway. 5510-5769 could get shields since they have cab doors, but probably will not since they will also be retired in short order. If you notice the LFS and LFS Artic are the buses for which the shield installation is easiest, due to the design of the cab door.

They are awesome. I ain't complainin' about them being on the Bx9 only, since my boy likes driving those so much better than the D60HFs...

As a matter of information the 57xx LFS Artics have been delivered without shields so far. The shields are not factory installed. The buses arrive at the depot and then the NYCT maintenance guys install them within a day or two after they are delivered. I think that is how it works for most of them. Some might have had the shields installed before even entering revenue service but I do not know.

Also it is pointless since the 1xxx and 5250-5509 are on their deathbed anyway. 5510-5769 could get shields since they have cab doors, but probably will not since they will also be retired in short order. If you notice the LFS and LFS Artic are the buses for which the shield installation is easiest, due to the design of the cab door.

They are awesome. I ain't complainin' about them being on the Bx9 only, since my boy likes driving those so much better than the D60HFs...

Currently the shields do not come preinstalled. Soon all of the Nova's LFS & LFSA in service will receive new shields. Approximately the 60th bus of this 328 bus order will have the shield factory installed.

Only reason it is higher is they are behind schedule. Push is on to get back on schedule by end of year. Them it return to 16 to 19 per month.

How does a 'rush period' work out concretely in the plant? Longer hours or added work force?

And does that leave time for non-MTA orders, or is Plattsburgh exclusively working on MTA artics for the time being?

How does a 'rush period' work out concretely in the plant? Longer hours or added work force?

And does that leave time for non-MTA orders, or is Plattsburgh exclusively working on MTA artics for the time being?

This current period includes longer hours and added work force. The plant includes enough space inside to handle double normal output in the final area. Currently the plant has Connecticut buses in the final area and MTA. On the production line is exclusively MTA Artics currently and will be for the next couple of months. There is room in the schedule for others and there are some scheduled for mid year 2012.

By the way the configuration split of the 328 has/will change. Looks like 125 with ThermoKing A/C and convectors, 122 with MCC A/C and heater boxes, and balance I believe with MCC, heater boxes, 2012 Engine. Not 100% on the last group...

Why are there so many changes with this order?

By the way the configuration split of the 328 has/will change. Looks like 125 with ThermoKing A/C and convectors, 122 with MCC A/C and heater boxes, and balance I believe with MCC, heater boxes, 2012 Engine. Not 100% on the last group...

The Thermo King unit is the one that should be over the whole order. The buses with the Thermo Kings do better in the HVAC department than MCC. Apparently the MTA hasn't learned its lessons from 1200-1289 and 8015-8089. Idiots!

Weren't the 1996 to 1997s RTSes some of the most mixed of all? You had 9250 and up with the suburban seating, you had the 9140s with the Cummins motors, you had the side LCDs up down and all around the door side... The D60s and those O5s were pretty straight forward though. 1997-1998 RTSes, those are a very uniform order of 350 buses.

Correct. As for the LCD, I think you mean the desination signs which are fill-dots with LED backlights. Not LCD's.

The Thermo King unit is the one that should be over the whole order. The buses with the Thermo Kings do better in the HVAC department than MCC. Apparently the MTA hasn't learned its lessons from 1200-1289 and 8015-8089. Idiots!

Supposedly MCC/Carrier has made some upgrades. At least that what they told the staff at Millennium when they visited the facility a couple months ago. I guess we will find out next summer!

In addition to the razzle dazzle with the 74 CNG Buses, there is a change in the Nova LFSA order, it seems as if the reason why 6008-6097 has not been assigned is because as of right now the TA will only take delivery of 238 units. The last 90 units were diverted to the DE60LFR order (Yes, that order which came clean out of left field). So that clears up why there is no assignments for that last 90 LFSA units.

In addition to the razzle dazzle with the 74 CNG Buses, there is a change in the Nova LFSA order, it seems as if the reason why 6008-6097 has not been assigned is because as of right now the TA will only take delivery of 238 units. The last 90 units were diverted to the DE60LFR order (Yes, that order which came clean out of left field). So that clears up why there is no assignments for that last 90 LFSA units.

Hold up, does this mean that we will only get 238 LFSA's now? Help a brotha out cause he's confused right about now. LOL

Archived