NovaBus LFS Articulated Discussion

R32 3348

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

When 126 street depot do shut down . When Mother Clara Hale Depot reopen next year in 2013. M60 route will be transfered back to Manhattanvile Depot? If 100 street Depot do want to take M60 route. Manhattanville depot is non articulated bus part of MaBSTOA divison. If Amsterdam depot do re-open. They are closer to M60 route. Send the museum bus back to East New York Depot put that Amsterdam depot into service. Too bad when 126 street depot do shutdown . At least Mother Clara Hale Depot need to take back 2 Bronx bus route back when which Bronx they control under they had bronx bus route they had control Bx32 , & Bx21?

But I have feeling 126 Depot is start to give up 2004 D60HF New Flyer articulated bus as they prepared to shutdown , I spot there articulated bus at Gun Hill Depot , 50% Kingsbridge Depot , But mostly i will agree there will be 3 split depot that want to 126 street Depot new flyer articulated bus that 100 street Depot or West Farms Depot , But i know Gun Hill Depot start to recieving & Kingsbridge depot got their 2004 new flyer articulated bus

here's what i think is going to happen when 126 closes and mch opens.

mch, if mch is artic able m60, m102,103,1,2,7,bx32,33

oh , m31, m35, m15, m15sbs

mv. m96, bx7?

mjq m86

kb, m101

Where is MCH supposed to be storing all of those buses at? They simply don't have the room for all of those lines. Furthermore, why would they take the M101, M102 and M103 when those three buses pass right by the Tuskegee Depot?? :huh:

The Bx7 also passes right by Kingsbridge Depot, so there is no need to move that anywhere.

When 126 street depot do shut down . When Mother Clara Hale Depot reopen next year in 2013. M60 route will be transfered back to Manhattanvile Depot? If 100 street Depot do want to take M60 route. Manhattanville depot is non articulated bus part of MaBSTOA divison. If Amsterdam depot do re-open. They are closer to M60 route. Send the museum bus back to East New York Depot put that Amsterdam depot into service. Too bad when 126 street depot do shutdown . At least Mother Clara Hale Depot need to take back 2 Bronx bus route back when which Bronx they control under they had bronx bus route they had control Bx32 , & Bx21?

But I have feeling 126 Depot is start to give up 2004 D60HF New Flyer articulated bus as they prepared to shutdown , I spot there articulated bus at Gun Hill Depot , 50% Kingsbridge Depot , But mostly i will agree there will be 3 split depot that want to 126 street Depot new flyer articulated bus that 100 street Depot or West Farms Depot , But i know Gun Hill Depot start to recieving & Kingsbridge depot got their 2004 new flyer articulated bus

here's what i think is going to happen when 126 closes and mch opens.

mch, if mch is artic able m60, m102,103,1,2,7,bx32,33

oh , m31, m35, m15, m15sbs

mv. m96, bx7?

mjq m86

kb, m101

Do NOT turn this thread into a foaming thread or I'm going to report both of you.

we do u sugest sending the m15,15 sbs wheb 126 closes?

Where is MCH supposed to be storing all of those buses at? They simply don't have the room for all of those lines. Furthermore, why would they take the M101, M102 and M103 when those three buses pass right by the Tuskegee Depot?? :huh:

The Bx7 also passes right by Kingsbridge Depot, so there is no need to move that anywhere.

Once the M60 is all artic, it'd be nice to see some of the luggage rack NGs go to LGA or JFK. I know they got the lead acid batteries that they wanna keep in Manhattan, but I don't see a lot of luggage rack buses where they really should be. Especially at LGA, since the B/Os there can basically take out whatever bus they want IIRC. I heard the luggage rack buses frequently end up on other lines and the Q33 ends up running RTSs/Bee-Line O5s or hybrids without luggage racks. Though I guess the Q33 B/Os could still take out other buses despite additional luggage rack buses in LGA. But at JFK I can really see that working out, I don't even think they have luggage rack buses right now, and adding them could possibly bring up Q10 ridership since people with big luggage might opt to shell out $5 for the AirTrain instead because of the lack of luggage racks on the bus.

If LGA/JFK gets some of the luggage rack NGs, 126th can get some more RTSs instead of sending over the lithium ion NGs, which I know they don't want in Manhattan.

But really, why have luggage rack buses where they make no sense when there's routes that could use them?

Well, it doesn't really mean that they'll stay on the bus....they might just remove the racks and put them on the artics.

These buses are really nice don't get me wrong but I feel that the D60's can handle crowds better and are more reliable at least at KB. I had a nova stall out on me in the middle of making a turn...twice! lol.

Yes, the D60 and every other high floor bus handles crowds better than low floor buses. They don't run them on the M60 because they think it would dramatically slow down loading and unloading times (even though the occasional RTS will show up on the route here and there). And funny that u mention n LFSA stalling while making a turn. 1234 was doing the same thing about a month ago. There's a "track" in the middle of the artic joint on the LFSA that the wiring harness rides in. One of the side metal bands broke off and rubbed through a couple of wires in that harness. That kind of problem, I wouldn't expect from a bus until it was near its EOL or had recently been involved in an accident. Kinda disappointing considering the bus is only a couple years old...

Well, it doesn't really mean that they'll stay on the bus....they might just remove the racks and put them on the artics.

They're already removing the racks where needed. One of the buses sent to Mannyville -- forget if it's 3898 or 3899 -- they removed the racks and put seats back in since it's off the M60.

What most of these guys don't understand is that at the end of a day this is a business It wouldn't be cost effective to send the Bx7 all the way to MHV and the M101 all the way to KB. The deadhead times would increase drastically. Just like trying to get the biggest bang for the buck when ordering equipment The Authority is trying to get the most out of the money they pay their workers.

What most of these guys don't understand is that at the end of a day this is a business It wouldn't be cost effective to send the Bx7 all the way to MHV and the M101 all the way to KB. The deadhead times would increase drastically. Just like trying to get the biggest bang for the buck when ordering equipment The Authority is trying to get the most out of the money they pay their workers.

ok then where would u send the m15 and m15 sbs that would be cost effective.

ok then where would u send the m15 and m15 sbs that would be cost effective.

I would split it between OF and MJQ with all MJQ pull outs originating @ South Ferry and all OF pull outs originating @ 2nd Avenue & E125th Street.

As for your other suggestion I would probably do this:

OF: M1, M2, M7, M15/SBSsplit, M35, *M60

OH: M31**, M86, M96/106, M79split, M101, M102, M103

* denotes that all pull outs will commence service in either direction @ Lenox Ave & W125th Street

** denotes interlined service with the M86. Furthermore, all pull outs and reliefs will originate at E92nd Street and York Avenue.

I would keep the M96/106 at OH just because it would actually be cheaper to run being that the deadhead route to the terminal is only .6 miles compared to a M96 deadheading to West End at 1.9 miles that's a gallon of diesel wasted not to mention that the bus hasn't even generated revenue yet.

operational it makes no sence to have m15's start there shifts at south ferry. also look at the cost of dead heading m101's to/from 193rd street , the same with 102's to 146th street which is right infront of the depot which may help defry some of the extra cost of makimg the 101 all pi/po if operated from kb. mabe you would interline the m101/100.

2 LFSAs just left Flatbush.

From what I hear, they might be taking away our parking lot for employees on N & Utica.

Slated delivery been moved to February, so it's been said. We'll see.

Damn... missed it again* (seeing the artic by the depot). lol.

Whoa, where are they going to park if that lot is taken? Ideally they should annex the 'baseball' field next to the depot if they need more space. I never understood why the employees have to park 'far' from the depot.

Damn... missed it again* (seeing the artic by the depot). lol.

Whoa, where are they going to park if that lot is taken? Ideally they should annex the 'baseball' field next to the depot if they need more space. I never understood why the employees have to park 'far' from the depot.

I don't know, but there's cement blocks on the right side of the parking lot, which means they're getting ready for something, though not sure what, but artic parking seems logical.

One of the SLDs was able to capture a few photos of 5256 and the other LFSA in the backyard today.

If I can get my hands on it, I'll repost it here (with his credit of course).

[edited: bus number correction]

I don't know, but there's cement blocks on the right side of the parking lot, which means they're getting ready for something, though not sure what, but artic parking seems logical.

One of the SLDs was able to capture a few photos of 5256 and the other LFSA in the backyard today.

If I can get my hands on it, I'll repost it here (with his credit of course).

[edited: bus number correction]

They can do that? There'd be a coup if they ever tried to get rid of employee parking at TU, half the point of that depot is to have a good parking spot for ops...

Archived