NovaBus LFS Articulated Discussion

R32 3348

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Well unfortunately i did not have a camera with me in that moment to take some pictures some people took pics with their cellphones, but i was going to give a good review about the Nova Bus LFSA until that problem happened.

Like i said before if MTA did not have their beef with New Flyer, they should order buses from them instead of Nova Bus because New Flyer are more reliable buses to me even thougth Nova Buses are nice looking, but they need to start fixing the problems if they want to have more business with MTA or any other transit agency.

That's where the problem lies. New Flyer offered to make the MTA a low-floor model of the D60 but the MTA said no, so business between the two ceased. There are reasons why other bus companies like NABI, Neoplan, and a few others, do NOT want to even risk doing a transaction with the MTA...the past examples, like New Flyer, speaks for itself....

That's where the problem lies. New Flyer offered to make the MTA a low-floor model of the D60 but the MTA said no, so business between the two ceased. There are reasons why other bus companies like NABI, Neoplan, and a few others, do NOT want to even risk doing a transaction with the MTA...the past examples, like New Flyer, speaks for itself....

Hmm...so business ceased because New Flyer was trying to tell the (MTA) what it should buy. I love how that's made into the (MTA)'s fault.:confused:

The reason why the business relationship ended was because of the unfulfilled order of the D60HF's. I wouldn't do business with them either after that. It sucks, I would've liked to have seen more Galaxy's on the street.

I read the story long time ago because NF stopped built the high floor model of the D60 and offering the low floor version instead to fullfil the order and MTA rejected, thats why they dont do no business at all. In my opinion MTA screw things up because if they at least tried the low floor version of D60 and worked out, we could have more NF articulated buses, even the Hybrid version on the streets instead of Nova Buses. but MTA likes to do dumb business with other companies who steal the money of the people delivering bad products to the streets. I wonder why MTA is almost bankrupt.

Well i was on Forhand Road today because i was going to Radioshack, I saw 1207 in service, i took a look and i rode the bus to see how it is. the bus have Cummins ISL/ZF Ecolife Combo( Supposely from 1203 to 1289 ISL/AllisonB500R combo). The engine sounds good, the interior is nice and were a lot people in the bus. When the bus got into Pelham Bay Park, the engine blew up, it was a lot of smoke coming out, the good thing that the engine did not catch fire because the built-in fire extinguisher prevented. A lot people were in panic because the two doors in the back were closed and the front door was open, and everybody went out. There were a couple of Bus Operators talking about how bad had been the LFSA because according to them in 2 days it have been 4 buses with the same issue and they dont say good things about them. After what happened to Bus 1207 i was wondering how come Nova Bus trying to re-enter the US market and having those problems with their buses. They should conduct more testing to any other buses before puting them on the road because if these issues keep happening, they may loose business with MTA on any future order coming. If MTA forgive the Beef with New Flyer, it may be much better ordering buses from them or wait until the Articulated Orion NG X coming up.

I had 1212 on Wed and ten minute into the ride the bus just died in the middle of the street and everybody on the bus had a WTF on their faces.....everybody had to get off the bus.

It seems like just a normal teething problem, just like every other bus has when it enters service.

Smoke from the engine is a bad teething problem. That could result in the loss of the bus, if the fire suppression system failed. But then again, NovaBus would have paid for the loss. New buses are under warranty........

I had 1212 on Wed and ten minute into the ride the bus just died in the middle of the street and everybody on the bus had a WTF on their faces.....everybody had to get off the bus.

Sadly Tuesday I was driving next to one of those buses, listening to the engine, and the air ride suspension hissing, like the Bombardier R142. Sounded smooth. But those engines do have a sound when accelerating at first, as if it is straining. I am wondering if MTA made a mistake, and got some smaller engine for such a huge bus again. When summer really comes, how many breakdowns due to overheating engines, will we hear of with the new buses. We have to wait and see.........

I read the story long time ago because NF stopped built the high floor model of the D60 and offering the low floor version instead to fullfil the order and MTA rejected, thats why they dont do no business at all. In my opinion MTA screw things up because if they at least tried the low floor version of D60 and worked out, we could have more NF articulated buses, even the Hybrid version on the streets instead of Nova Buses. but MTA likes to do dumb business with other companies who steal the money of the people delivering bad products to the streets. I wonder why MTA is almost bankrupt.

They tried back then, and recently (in 2008). I think instead of waiting for Orions remake of their sister Citaro G, MTA needs to get back in talks with new Flyer, just in case the NovaBus thing blows up (literally, if those buses keep smoking and overheating).........

Smoke from the engine is a bad teething problem. That could result in the loss of the bus, if the fire suppression system failed. But then again, NovaBus would have paid for the loss. New buses are under warranty........

Sadly Tuesday I was driving next to one of those buses, listening to the engine, and the air ride suspension hissing, like the Bombardier R142. Sounded smooth. But those engines do have a sound when accelerating at first, as if it is straining. I am wondering if MTA made a mistake, and got some smaller engine for such a huge bus again. When summer really comes, how many breakdowns due to overheating engines, will we hear of with the new buses. We have to wait and see.........

They tried back then, and recently (in 2008). I think instead of waiting for Orions remake of their sister Citaro G, MTA needs to get back in talks with new Flyer, just in case the NovaBus thing blows up (literally, if those buses keep smoking and overheating).........

My aunt got on an LFSA on Friday & it just broke down a few feet away from where she got on. That's the second bus already

Like every new bus, they always have teething problems. These buses are still under warranty so whatever happens, they can get it fixed

The LFS Artics in Quebec (RTC and STM) don't appear to have any problems similar to the MTA. I wonder the issues the MTA is seeing could be a problem with the 2010-spec engines, or perhaps a case of the wrong model of ZF Ecolife fitted to the ISL (similar to how the TTC didn't use the right ZF Ecomat model to the powerful L10B).

Like every new bus, they always have teething problems. These buses are still under warranty so whatever happens, they can get it fixed

Anything new comes under warranty if it's legit. With those buses, if it can be fixed it gets fixed. If it goes up in flames under warranty, it gets replaced. Hopefully it doesn't come to that..........

Damn, any chance that you can get a photo or something? It sounds kind of fishy considering that Flatbush had space issues with artics.

Yeah, I agree, there was space issues with the D60HF Galaxy Articulateds in Flatbush. When 5508 was there when it was brand new, the bus got in the garage, but there was super tight space issues and the Nova LFS Artic is two feet longer than the New Flyer D60HF.

I knew it that rushing these buses out of the factory was suspicious.Although I give Novabus the benefit of the doubt,If this continues even under warrenty this is a black eye towards Novabus.They need a bigger engine for this bus.To much weight,especially during rush hour.

Rushing? The order is going kinda slow. Like any new bus, there is gonna be teething issues. I've ridden these LFS Artics and the power is there, the big issue is the gear ratio in the transmission. The bus shifts entirely too fast. A simple fix to the low power issue is the stretch out the gear ratio on the transmission, thus given the bus longer gears; thus given the engine a chance to run up its RPMs and Turbo Boost; THUS given the bus the necessary take off power.

As for the other issues with the bus, I'm VERY sure Nova is working with the MTA to rectify ANY issues as the buses are under warranty. But as for delivery, this is kinda slow. . .

I knew it that rushing these buses out of the factory was suspicious.Although I give Novabus the benefit of the doubt,If this continues even under warrenty this is a black eye towards Novabus.They need a bigger engine for this bus.To much weight,especially during rush hour.

Didn't the same thing happen with the RTS'?

Archived