NovaBus LFS Articulated Discussion

R32 3348

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

5300, and 5304 are at Quill, so It looks like we will keep going for a bit.

Which could possibly mean 5324-5363 will head to FB as scheduled. and plus 5821-5839 for the (A) shuttle which they already have. Hopefully soon these artics can possibly see revenue service on the 3 major lines 41/44/46, BUT really for the 44 for right now.

Well before these buses can run on those lines, the DOT will need to move the bus stops to accommodate the longer buses. There is one area around av j nb on the B41 that really should be one stop instead of 2. I do hope when the dot moves the stops on the other regular lines, besides the b44 sbs, they will merge some local stops.

There will be 11 extra busses if they decied to keep all 59 busses in flatbush. they only need 48 if they uses artics on the local which i understand is not planned at this time. also i hear there is a storage problem for the atrics in flatbush becaase of the depot layout and location.

I never understood why FB needs Artics...

smh.

Those d60s have only 2 doors, the point of SBS is to have more doors so you don't have crowding issues. Think about it next time.

There will be 11 extra busses if they decied to keep all 59 busses in flatbush. they only need 48 if they uses artics on the local which i understand is not planned at this time. also i hear there is a storage problem for the atrics in flatbush becaase of the depot layout and location.

Right now with the attics, they are parked in the lot behind the building. Some of the regular 40' buses are stored in the employee parking 'annex' north of the park. So once the B44sbs starts, I'd imagine most likely some RTSs will be displaced to other depots to make room for the lfsa.

The New Flyer's at Quill are in good condition. All the new LFS's should start to go to Quill while MJQ can send the D60's to FB

Off-Topic: D60s was at FB, years ago; only 10 buses were on the roster at the time (#5501-5509 ~ IIRC). But here's the kicker, none of the B/Os did not want to drive any of the buses. #5508 was the only one out in service on the B46 during the duration of the period. I don't think Flatbush wants the D60, IMO. But don't get me wrong, I always wished they could....... -_-

smh.

Those d60s have only 2 doors, the point of SBS is to have more doors so you don't have crowding issues. Think about it next time.Right now with the attics, they are parked in the lot behind the building. Some of the regular 40' buses are stored in the employee parking 'annex' north of the park. So once the B44sbs starts, I'd imagine most likely some RTSs will be displaced to other depots to make room for the lfsa.

i was refering to artics in general. also there might be problems storing the sbs artics inside the depot. i would be agree about diplacement of older rts will no doudt happen.

Off-Topic: D60s was at FB, years ago; only 10 buses were on the roster at the time (#5501-5509 ~ IIRC). But here's the kicker, none of the B/Os did not want to drive any of the buses. #5508 was the only one out in service on the B46 during the duration of the period. I don't think Flatbush wants the D60, IMO. But don't get me wrong, I always wished they could....... -_-

The union has been fighting artics in fb from day one, thats why it has taken so long for fb to be assingned artics of any kind.

Actually, that might be true. I remember back in about 2002, I saw a New Flyer D60HF on the B41 bus in DownTown Brooklyn. That might have been one of those #5500 series buses.

What happened to the plan from a few years ago to storage some of Flatbush's Artics @ Grand Ave? I thought that was the whole point of sending the B43 back to Gleason?

Actually, that might be true. I remember back in about 2002, I saw a New Flyer D60HF on the B41 bus in DownTown Brooklyn. That might have been one of those #5500 series buses.

From what a senior guy told me last week, he drove the new flyer d60hf in service on the b41. One of the big bosses in management seen him in service in downtown and made a phone call and that was the end of those buses in flatbush. Supposedly some people in management wanted to have flatbush depot rebuilt in order to hold those buses.

Archived