NovaBus LFS Articulated Discussion

R32 3348

I guess you haven't the slightest clue why we operate 3 of the top 10 bus routes (ridership-wise) in the city.

We've always needed artics.

While I do agree, my main concern is the longer waits especially the midday hours when service is spotty at best. Artics would be great for the rush hours. Plus I think they should have off board payment (w/heavy enforcement) at the major stops like the Junction to speed up the loading.

=

lol, post 12121.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

Gun Hill now has up to 5322, with 5323 on the way. Months ahead of schedule, and years overdue...... Flatbush is finally next with 5324. I dear hear the order may be held up for a week or more to prepare Flatbush to take on 20 plus more artics than they have now. I guess we will see in the coming days.

From what a senior guy told me last week, he drove the new flyer d60hf in service on the b41. One of the big bosses in management seen him in service in downtown and made a phone call and that was the end of those buses in flatbush. Supposedly some people in management wanted to have flatbush depot rebuilt in order to hold those buses.

Many people did want Flatbush rebuilt, and it was in some preliminary plans. Then Grand Avenue was built, and I have no idea what happened. There was talk of the B44 SBS going to Grand Avenue while the local stayed at Flatbush. Then it went back to just FLA being retrofitted to handle the artics as it is now.

Many people did want Flatbush rebuilt, and it was in some preliminary plans. Then Grand Avenue was built, and I have no idea what happened. There was talk of the B44 SBS going to Grand Avenue while the local stayed at Flatbush. Then it went back to just FLA being retrofitted to handle the artics as it is now.

Interesting.

*Musing warning*

I wonder if FB were to be rebuilt: would the other depots have to cover all of FB or would FB still stay open, but mainly as a storage lot? And would they have rebuilt the facility on the current location, or would they build north where the park currently sits (basically a sort of swap and the park would eventually be restored south when the building is done)?

Gun Hill now has up to 5322, with 5323 on the way. Months ahead of schedule, and years overdue...... Flatbush is finally next with 5324. I dear hear the order may be held up for a week or more to prepare Flatbush to take on 20 plus more artics than they have now. I guess we will see in the coming days.

So, if the original plans for Grand Ave were carried out, Flatbush would have been rebuilt??

That plan's still on hold? Been a long time. I guess if Grand Avenue has that kind vacancy, this can be possible. GA can hold up to 200 buses, the lasted I checked. But a rebuilt for Flatbush, hmm..... I have mixed feeling about this but I'd like to see if it happens and see how it could work out.

That plan's still on hold? Been a long time. I guess if Grand Avenue has that kind vacancy, this can be possible. GA can hold up to 200 buses, the lasted I checked. But a rebuilt for Flatbush, hmm..... I have mixed feeling about this but I'd like to see if it happens and see how it could work out.

The original plan for GA was that there was suppose to be no depot. It was suppose to be just central maintenance with a sprinkle of non-revenue maintenance. Downstairs was suppose to be for suspension and engine work on artics and MCI's. Upstairs was suppose to be for standard bus engine and suspension work, as well as structure, bodywork, and painting for all buses. But I guess the bean counters figured that they could ease the strain on Brooklyn division and not have to rebuild Flatbush for the time being...

So, if the original plans for Grand Ave were carried out, Flatbush would have been rebuilt??

That I can't say. All I heard was that FB was supposed to be rebuilt at one time and it was scrapped. I don't know where Grand came into play when it comes to that issue.

The original plan for GA was that there was suppose to be no depot. It was suppose to be just central maintenance with a sprinkle of non-revenue maintenance. Downstairs was suppose to be for suspension and engine work on artics and MCI's. Upstairs was suppose to be for standard bus engine and suspension work, as well as structure, bodywork, and painting for all buses. But I guess the bean counters figured that they could ease the strain on Brooklyn division and not have to rebuild Flatbush for the time being...

I also heard what you mentioned here, but I want sure how true it was. My understanding is that Grand was supposed to assume many duties that were carried out at ENY. For example, the R&D department and a few other offices key to the DOB are located at Grand.

Somewhere along the lines Grand was planned as a revenue depot prior to being complete, and all the administrative duties would be split between ENY and GA, with FP remaining as BK Division HQ.

Are the last few still on track to get Detroit engines or will they be getting Volvo or Cummins engines?

Apparently the TA did have a problem with the original engine in Xcelsior 4899 (which was apparently the Detroit DD11) so I'm just wondering.

I'm not sure what was up with the delivery of that bus, but we can't assume anything actually. According to the past 2 updates I received on the bus, it has been scheduled for delivery this year for quite some time now.

Are the last few still on track to get Detroit engines or will they be getting Volvo or Cummins engines?

Apparently the TA did have a problem with the original engine in Xcelsior 4899 (which was apparently the Detroit DD11) so I'm just wondering.

I don't know how true it is, but I heard from a S/I at Zerega that if the next 328 bus option is exercised for NovaBus, they will come with Volvo engines not cummins...

Interesting.

*Musing warning*

I wonder if FB were to be rebuilt: would the other depots have to cover all of FB or would FB still stay open, but mainly as a storage lot? And would they have rebuilt the facility on the current location, or would they build north where the park currently sits (basically a sort of swap and the park would eventually be restored south when the building is done)?

Rumor has it that the mta would have set up a temporary facility at Floyd Bennett field during construction.

I don't know how true it is, but I heard from a S/I at Zerega that if the next 328 bus option is exercised for NovaBus, they will come with Volvo engines not cummins...

The D13s? In an LFSA?

...now that's some major power right there

Archived