NovaBus LFS Articulated Discussion

R32 3348

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Are the last few still on track to get Detroit engines or will they be getting Volvo or Cummins engines?

Apparently the TA did have a problem with the original engine in Xcelsior 4899 (which was apparently the Detroit DD11) so I'm just wondering.

The last few will have the same Cummins engine as the rest in this batch.  The only difference I have heard of is a different ramp on the last 5 buses.

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="dmouse" data-cid="630595" data-time="1357782596"><p>

Also adding to that, <br />

<br />

The last 3 LFSAs will come with the Cummins ISL & ZF ecolife not the expected DD11 Sadly<br />

<br />

Yet another recent spec change.<br />

<br />

This info is straight from the DOBIC bus spec sheet.</p></blockquote>

You do know that those lists on DOBIC are usually out of date until all deliveries are complete right? I remember checking them a month ago and seeing that the LFSA fleet #'s were still listed as going up 6097...

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="dmouse" data-cid="630595" data-time="1357782596"><p>

Also adding to that, <br />

<br />

The last 3 LFSAs will come with the Cummins ISL & ZF ecolife not the expected DD11 Sadly<br />

<br />

Yet another recent spec change.<br />

<br />

This info is straight from the DOBIC bus spec sheet.</p></blockquote>

You do know that those lists on DOBIC are usually out of date until all deliveries are complete right? I remember checking them a month ago and seeing that the LFSA fleet #'s were still listed as going up 6097...

This one I printed out two days ago is up to date

Has 4899 listed ast the Navistar EGR bus

And LFSA numbering going up to 5363

Shows the new MCIs and C40lf numbers

Blaze is right though, those sheets are out of date the minute they are printed until the buses arrive, up until a week before 2300-2304 was built, they were suppose to have ZF AS-Tronics and at the last hour they changed them to Allisons. I don't hold stock in anything until it arrives.

I am going to gather though that this is more than likely true at this point because Detroit Diesel has yet to get the 10.6L DD11 engine rated for EPA 2010 nor EPA 2013 yet. Which probably explains why 4899 was changed from a DD11 as well to a Navistar.

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="Vintage Soul" data-cid="631487" data-time="1357996813"><p>

Blaze is right though, those sheets are out of date the minute they are printed until the buses arrive, up until a week before 2300-2304 was built, they were suppose to have ZF AS-Tronics and at the last hour they changed them to Allisons. I don't hold stock in anything until it arrives.<br />

<br />

I am going to gather though that this is more than likely true at this point because Detroit Diesel has yet to get the 10.6L DD11 engine rated for EPA 2010 nor EPA 2013 yet. Which probably explains why 4899 was changed from a DD11 as well to a Navistar.</p></blockquote>

I hope Daimler gets to work on that real soon so we can see the return of DETROIT BABY!

Well I guess you guys can get ready to see artics on the b44 real soon. They have it posted in the depot today that all b44 bus operators must get trained on the artic. I guess we might not see them for a while on the 41 or 46.

and aren't some of them trained already since the a shuttle is based out of there? 

Well I guess you guys can get ready to see artics on the b44 real soon. They have it posted in the depot today that all b44 bus operators must get trained on the artic. I guess we might not see them for a while on the 41 or 46.

They aren't waiting for the SBS? Also I thought Nostrand was too narrow for them (the reason why the sbs was shifted over to a different street north of the junction)? Very odd. I just hope they station more cops on that line cuz those buses will be a fare beater's heaven.

and aren't some of them trained already since the a shuttle is based out of there? 

Yes but being that the shuttle is overtime work only it was not mandatory to get the training. Now that they made it mandatory no operator will have an excuse not to drive it if they are assigned one.

They aren't waiting for the SBS? Also I thought Nostrand was too narrow for them (the reason why the sbs was shifted over to a different street north of the junction)? Very odd. I just hope they station more cops on that line cuz those buses will be a fare beater's heaven.

As of now it looks like they wont. My guess is the dot probably told mta to push sbs back so many times because of the water lines they are replacing from flushing to fulton. That whole stretch of nostrand is messed up now. When they had the 2 shuttle from flatbush to franklin I think last year, there were artics running up new york ave so it isnt to narrow for them.

No, they aren't. Nova is already producing the last 41 buses off this order and will deliver the BEFORE SBS44 goes into effect. You will definitely see them in use on the B44 (and occasionally (BIG OCCASIONALLY) the B41 or B46). The MTA can not hold up the Nova production line because they aren't ready for SBS44. The buses must be produced and delivered.

They we always going to use Nostrand for the local. Even with artics on the line. Only the SBS will use Rogers because Nostrand is too narrow for BRT ops. 

How come it shows them using nostrand going southbound for the SBS bus on the mta site or did it change?

http://www.mta.info/mta/planning/sbs/nostrand.html

if someone has the updated change can you please post it. thanks

Archived