Designline Eco-Saver IV Hybrid

Kingsbridge Bus

• Replies 346
  • Created
  • Last Reply
(T)rue about the slow order ,Man when will these buses overtake those CNG's:p

From what I understand, the (MTA) wanted the NG delivery to be over with first, then they would focus on the Designline, 1305 is a demo bus somewhere in the U.S and 1306 is still here, I think there are a few others that are already built.

From what I understand, the (MTA) wanted the NG delivery to be over with first, then they would focus on the Designline, 1305 is a demo bus somewhere in the U.S and 1306 is still here, I think there are a few others that are already built.

(1)303 is still looming on the (M)30 on 57 ,I noticed that line has every Type

RTS NG DSln Artic ,Now that's some selection for A line.

Well since there's only 4 of them out there right now, there's nothing really to talk about. And how come Quill gets 2 of them (1302 & 1303) while there are others that need them more (maybe FP, I'm just saying lol)

1302: Quill

1303: Quill

1304: Manhattanville

1306: Grand Ave

As of today, delivery of the first lot of NG's is officially over, with more on the way.

Click here for NG news updates!

http://www.nyctransitforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1994&page=74

Well since there's only 4 of them out there right now, there's nothing really to talk about. And how come Quill gets 2 of them (1302 & 1303) while there are others that need them more (maybe FP, I'm just saying lol)

1302: Quill

1303: Quill

1304: Manhattanville

1306: Grand Ave

Michael J Quill was first in line to receive the buses.

1303 back in Amsterdam, caught it yesterday on the M1. 1306 was last reported at Manhattanville.

1306 is at MHV, not GA, along with 1304.

The reason they're coming in so slowly is because this is only the first 8-bus order (1302-1309). Plus, the plant is farther than the Orion and NovaBus plants so buses will take longer to get here. Once the 8-bus order is done and the (MTA) wants them en masse (the remaining 82 buses) then mass production of these buses should begin.

The reason they're coming in so slowly is because this is only the first 8-bus order (1302-1309). Plus, the plant is farther than the Orion and NovaBus plants so buses will take longer to get here. Once the 8-bus order is done and the (MTA) wants them en masse (the remaining 82 buses) then mass production of these buses should begin.

Thats not the reason, the 1302-1309 group is already been built. They still doing some testing to ensure the next group of deliveries to be in quality control also still tweaking the specs just like the 850 bus hybrid order with bunch of spec change.

All I know is that I'm glad they are not being rushed out of factories unlike Orion

Orion and other top bus manufactures like New Flyer have larger production of buses. They can produced many buses in a day.

But this time, Orion was actually was late on the 850 bus order. It should have finish at the start of 2010.

1303 back in Amsterdam, caught it yesterday on the M1. 1306 was last reported at Manhattanville.

True but wasn't the DesignLine order gonna be split with GA (45 for them & 45 for MJQ)

When did this happen? :eek:

Also, these buses have to be delivered by flatbed.

According to TTMG, 1303 is still at MJQ, but I believe that is wrong. Does anyone know if 1303 went back to MJQ after staying at AMS for just two days or less?

• 2 weeks later...

So what is going on with the DesignLines?

We know that this model is still testing, and 5 buses have a history of being in service on NYCT (1302, 1303, 1304, 1306, and 1308 (1308 have gone somewhere)).

No one has talked about DesignLines in a while, so maybe it is time to discuss about it (maybe).

Question to any moderators:

Should this thread be one of the stickys as well? It is one of the new models for NYCT.

So what is going on with the DesignLines?

We know that this model is still testing, and 5 buses have a history of being in service on NYCT (1302, 1303, 1304, 1306, and 1308 (1308 have gone somewhere)).

No one has talked about DesignLines in a while, so maybe it is time to discuss about it (maybe).

Question to any moderators:

Should this thread be one of the stickys as well? It is one of the new models for NYCT.

I agree.Make it a sticky thread.Designline isn`t anything to sleep on.

Archived