Designline Eco-Saver IV Hybrid

Kingsbridge Bus

• Replies 346
  • Created
  • Last Reply
^^^By your theory is wrong, MTA already tested in Brooklyn at Grand Avenue Depot even though its not assigned to Grand Av anymore.

It already tested in parts of Brooklyn streets.

I said "at the time you posted your theory", which does not include months ago. You gotta read my theory carefully.

^^^ This not a theory. Its a post. I dont know why you called it a theory for some odd reason.

Yeah, it's a post...

I mean I got confused of which word to use, as I thought a post is a "theory" because people say "theory" sometimes.

But anyway, it is a post.

I like the prototype interior better.The inside looks like another (MTA) bus.It looks weird being in Brooklyn.

I agree with you completely on that one; I wish they had used the same interior specs on the 40' buses we ordered that they did on the prototype. Get a 40' low floor with that kind of luxury and we could probably hock 50-100 D4500s and use the Designlines on express routes. As things stand, though, what we have essentially ordered is the heir to 6360, our orphan hybrid RTS. From the pics I saw of the interior, the bus appears to be an RTS on the outside and an RTS/NG cross on the inside. By the way, does anyone know why this order is taking so long to come in? Orion will have handed us 850 buses in 13 months, and Nova will have given us 90 in the space of 2-3 months. I understand that the Designlines are built abroad, but 7-8 buses in 10 months? I actually like these buses, please don't let this turn into another hybrid RTS/Orion VI fiasco!

I agree with you completely on that one; I wish they had used the same interior specs on the 40' buses we ordered that they did on the prototype. Get a 40' low floor with that kind of luxury and we could probably hock 50-100 D4500s and use the Designlines on express routes. As things stand, though, what we have essentially ordered is the heir to 6360, our orphan hybrid RTS. From the pics I saw of the interior, the bus appears to be an RTS on the outside and an RTS/NG cross on the inside. By the way, does anyone know why this order is taking so long to come in? Orion will have handed us 850 buses in 13 months, and Nova will have given us 90 in the space of 2-3 months. I understand that the Designlines are built abroad, but 7-8 buses in 10 months? I actually like these buses, please don't let this turn into another hybrid RTS/Orion VI fiasco!

The NG's were delivered from March 2008 to March 2010, so that was in 24 months instead of 13. The Designline isn't in the mass delivery stage yet; it's still in the 8-bus pilot test, which precedes the remaining 22 buses of the actual base order. The (MTA) is extensively testing 1305 and 1306 to see if they should continue carrying out the order instead of just going for the Nova LFS instead.

The NG's were delivered from March 2008 to March 2010, so that was in 24 months instead of 13. The Designline isn't in the mass delivery stage yet; it's still in the 8-bus pilot test, which precedes the remaining 22 buses of the actual base order. The (MTA) is extensively testing 1305 and 1306 to see if they should continue carrying out the order instead of just going for the Nova LFS instead.

Actually, it was from June 2008 until March 2010, and it was 950 O7 NGs, not 850 (remember that there were also 100 CNG units also delivered for Long Island Bus).

As for the Designlines, I have to imagine that the MTA has told Designline to wait until June (after 1289 is delivered) to deliver the remaining buses so that only one new model has to be dealt with at a time. The LFSA order was held up for the NG order completion.

• 2 weeks later...

So what is going on on Designlines?

Amsterdam Depot is closing on June 27, and 1303 will be going somewhere. Will it go to Manhattanville Depot, Michael J Quill Depot, Grand Av Depot, or...?

And how is the testing of Eco-Saver IV with new turbine (C65) going on? They have not been in passenger service as of yet.

Do you think this order will succeed after all LFS Articulated have been delivered?

Do you think this order will succeed after all LFS Articulated have been delivered?

The way things are going, I don't think the (MTA) is going to order anymore of them and they shouldn't. I hope the (MTA) order those 40-foot Nova LFS's.

From the looks of it there's a slight possibility that the MTA may cancel this order...look at it! FOur buses in the course of...how long?? Shit can the order already and get some 40-footer LFS'.

From the looks of it there's a slight possibility that the MTA may cancel this order...look at it! FOur buses in the course of...how long?? Shit can the order already and get some 40-footer LFS'.

Don't forget that these buses are brand new prototypes. MTA is the first agency in the U.S. to extensively test them, and they were bound to have issues. Even if they do continue with plans to make a purchase, don't expect them to be perfect anytime soon!

Don't forget that these buses are brand new prototypes. MTA is the first agency in the U.S. to extensively test them, and they were bound to have issues. Even if they do continue with plans to make a purchase, don't expect them to be perfect anytime soon!
Basically the (MTA) is a Designline guinea pig.I wouldnt be rushing this too fast either.Its a big risky order and lets face it the (MTA) made a lot of mistakes when it came to making big orders without proper testing.

They should cancel.

IAWTP 110%

No they should continue.I think it has a chance.Maybe DL needs to build a plant here in NY.

No they don't. If they can't get it together where they do their buses, what makes you think that they can do it any better here in NY? They might do even worse here.

IAWTP 110%

No they don't. If they can't get it together where they do their buses, what makes you think that they can do it any better here in NY? They might do even worse here.

Hey it might.Logistics seem to be the problem with these buses.Do you know how long it takes to get Bus bodies from New Zeland to their plant in the carolinas? But If its cancelled it is what it is.Sad to see a bus with potential go like that.

Archived