Designline Eco-Saver IV Hybrid

Kingsbridge Bus

This is from BusChat (with links to 5 stories). To me, the MTA should probably proceed as though it will only get 5 buses based on the conditions presented here.

Now, I'm not counting on this order ever being completed.

Me too, after I read that... It is probably be another Millennium Transit bus order disaster. I could see them going to Chapter 11 and some lawsuits from MTA maybe?

Surprisingly, Baltimore's DesignLine is up and running except their order was late yet they also going to build additional buses.

• Replies 346
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Me too, after I read that... It is probably be another Millennium Transit bus order disaster. I could see them going to Chapter 11 and some lawsuits from MTA maybe?

Surprisingly, Baltimore's DesignLine is up and running except their order was late yet they also going to build additional buses.

Did Baltimore's DesignLine order take as long as our order?

Did Baltimore's DesignLine order take as long as our order?

If I remember correctly, 8 or 9 months late because they experience teething issues like crack windshield, modify the dashboard, production issues, etc. Approx. 14 buses delivered out of 21 bus order. It is part of Baltimore's new Circulator color routes. It already established Purple and new Orange routes thanks to the long delay by DesignLine. Green route is later this year.

Picture of new buses: circulator.jpg

I belive they only order 50 buses.

Guess again.

I hope for the MTA's sake though that there is some kind of out.

That looks more like the Wachovia demo they had here a few years ago. The main difference is that corner bulkhead that starts to wrap around toward the front at the bottom of the windshield. I think that asymmetrical design is ugly as well. I hope that's not what they're all going with. The ones we're testing look almost just like the RTS (with the exception of the "smile" at the bottom, and I'd prefer if they get rid of that too).

If they want to do something different and have it asymmetrical, then instead of the smile; it can stay high on the driver's side, drop in the middle, but then stay low on that whole side. That makes it easier for people sitting down to see out the front (the think lacking on low floors, in which the windshield remains basically as high as a high floor).

What in God's name is THAT?! Is the REALLY what we want here in NYC? That will make my ass move outta here in a NY Minute!

What??? That thing is hot, makes the other buses (except the NG's & LFSA's) look like basic bxtches lol j/k.

If I remember correctly, 8 or 9 months late because they experience teething issues like crack windshield, modify the dashboard, production issues, etc. Approx. 14 buses delivered out of 21 bus order. It is part of Baltimore's new Circulator color routes. It already established Purple and new Orange routes thanks to the long delay by DesignLine. Green route is later this year.

Picture of new buses: circulator.jpg

Guess again.

The front right side of that bus looks like the result of a major stroke.I remember the wachovia demo with this windshield.

Wirelessly posted via (Mozilla/5.0 (Danger hiptop 4.6; U; rv:1.7.12) Gecko/20050920)

It looks like an ugly dog.

And this order is going knowhere fast like the Artics so i still think they should give up on this contract.

Wirelessly posted via (Mozilla/5.0 (Danger hiptop 4.6; U; rv:1.7.12) Gecko/20050920)

It looks like an ugly dog.

And this order is going knowhere fast like the Artics so i still think they should give up on this contract.

How come B-more has a full order coming in and we are still playing with sample buses?:P

Not only that our demostrator 8 buses are still in trial period before the order will commence so we are forced to wait before the initial buses are tested.

How come B-more has a full order coming in and we are still playing with sample buses?:P

They only orderd 21 buses so that's why and we orderd 80+buses.

Baltimore's order was small and was a quick easy contract. Except it was not a quick contract nor an easy to finish the order, the buses were delayed due to many issues that need to correct in order to be able to run the bus in Baltimore streets. They still have not yet completed the contract as of right now. They more likely to get a penalty on the contract.

• 2 weeks later...

Seen 1306 "testing" again on 6 Av & 16 St....any updates on this order now?

Two nights ago I saw 1306 right outside Ft. Tryon Park at the 190th Street (A) station. It was out of service though but it was very bright. I almost did'nt recognize it since the last time I saw one of these was in February I believe on the M5 at Union Square. Its a very polite bus, always smiling.

Archived