Designline Eco-Saver IV Hybrid

Kingsbridge Bus

• Replies 346
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've read through most of this thread, and have afew questions.

Can someone list the spec changes between the buses and which buses have which spec's?

Which buses have been delivered and where are they based?

Can someone list the delivery dates (or aproximation) of each unit so far?

And finally, has it been confirmed that the option for 60 buses has been taken?

Thank you very much for your help.

Wirelessly posted via (Mozilla/5.0 (Danger hiptop 4.6; U; rv:1.7.12) Gecko/20050920)

I've read through most of this thread, and have afew questions.

Can someone list the spec changes between the buses and which buses have which spec's?

Which buses have been delivered and where are they based?

Can someone list the delivery dates (or aproximation) of each unit so far?

And finally, has it been confirmed that the option for 60 buses has been taken?

Thank you very much for your help.

From what I understand, after the fiasco on the RFK Bridge (I think it was 1304) the engine was upgraded from a Capstone C30 to a C65. The ones we have now is 1302-1306 and those 5 are either at Quill or Manhattanville

Wirelessly posted via (Mozilla/5.0 (Danger hiptop 4.6; U; rv:1.7.12) Gecko/20050920)

From what I understand, after the fiasco on the RFK Bridge (I think it was 1304) the engine was upgraded from a Capstone C30 to a C65. The ones we have now is 1302-1306 and those 5 are either at Quill or Manhattanville

There is also a seat change involving 1304 and 1306; they are 2 x 2 seating in the rear instead of bench seating. 1304 also has a Hanover Displays sign, albeit different from the one on RTS buses 5105-5110.

• 3 weeks later...
Is there any update on the order? According to Wikipedia the order was discontinued. While I know Wikipedia has shoddy reliability, I am wondering as to what's going on with the order.

Designline is not my specialty at all, but I will try to dig something up for us.

Hey guys, quick question, is there any chance this bus will go on the M22?

The way it's looking right now, these buses won't be going anywhere except back to the factory. I'm still trying to get some info. If anyone else knows, go ahead and join in at any time.

1302/1305 were spotted on the M9 on several days in recent weeks. The M22 may be a possibility, for all we know.

Caught it about 2 weeks go...

M9.jpg

• 3 months later...
People keep talking trash about the order, but seriously, let's wait until the buses are actually here before judging them based on how long it's taking for them to arrive. Last time I checked that has nothing to do with performance.

It definitely looks like they are here to stay. I was waiting for a certain person to post what they have been hearing. I'm doing a little digging myself right now, and if what I was told was true........ Well, let's just say we need to add more buses to that 745 Plus thread!

EDIT: Ok, wait a minute.... I'm getting conflicting stories......... I got like 3 stories in the last 90 minutes. So it means something is definitely going on, but I'm clueless as to what it actually is. Everything about DL has been a mystery to me since they tested that 35 footer.

Finally saw one of these things with my own eyes and caught it Tues ((M42); never even saw it all the time one of them was at Grand Av).

Truly like a baby RTS. Except for how the openable window tops in the back have evolved into new standee windows, basically (so old/new-look).

On Friday night after work, I saw bus 1306 IN SERVICE on the M1 going to Harlem-147th St. I was on the corner of 97th and Madison and I thought it was 1304 coming but then I looked down and saw the number 1306 on it. I was just happy to see that it didn't have sandbags in them LOL.

Archived