R160A-1's on the L line

Railfaner100

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8313-8376, or 8 sets max run on the (L) line. They're equipped with CBTC and IINM they are testing running them in ATO on the (L).

If the R160a1's are running on the (L) then they are running in full CBTC/ATO mode if there ready for it. Not all have been tested all the way and they are still seeled in Bypass. There was 2 train of these trains still running around on the (J) and (M) last week.

Why are the R160A-1's on the (L) train so rare to catch? Sometimes it takes me a while to keep on waiting for an R160A-1 on the (L) that it makes me wonder why are they not so common like the R143's which are the easiest to catch on the (L) train?

There is only two or three sets of them running thats why..

Why are the R160A-1's on the (L) train so rare to catch? Sometimes it takes me a while to keep on waiting for an R160A-1 on the (L) that it makes me wonder why are they not so common like the R143's which are the easiest to catch on the (L) train?

oh man why would you wait so long for an R160 that looks exactly like and feel like an R143? there are 2 to 3 sets of R160's in service on the (L):)

I remember reading an article, when they ordered the R143s, they only ordered enough for the (L) at the time and didn't expect the huge ridership growth on the line, and they had to put R42s back on there for a lil' while longer till the R160s came online, thats why the (L) isnt exclusively R143s but the R143s are exclusive to the (L)

The R160A-1's on the (L) train don't feel the same as the R143's. There both seperate different trains.

They are 98% similar. I don't see why you would wait for one train and let several others pass by.

When did the (L) train first started getting the R160A-1's?

Mid-2007.

Archived