R160A-1's on the L line

Railfaner100

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Will R143's 8277, 8278, 8279 and 8280 ever return back in servive on the (L) line?:cry:

They may, and they may not. We don't know the current status of car 8277, which was the car most affected in the crash.

When will the (L) train start using the CBTC retrofitted R160A-1's 8313-8376 for service?:confused:

The (L) already does.

It's definitely possible, but you would probably have a less than 1% chance of it happening on revenue service. The R160A-1s are basically R160As with 8 cars instead of the usual 10. You rarely see an 8 car train on the (N) line, whether it be 60 or 75 feet nowadays.

Its literally the exact same thing. There is no difference whatsoever between the two except that one is in groups of 4 and the other is in groups of 5. You can actually connect both together and run it as a 9-car train but that's not gonna happen at all

Before the R160A-1's came to the (J)(L)(M)(Z) lines, did they ever run on the (N) train before by having the (MTA) connecting the 8 car R160A-1's into a 10 car train by adding two cars and making them as R160A-2's for the (N) line as 5 car sets?:confused:

The R160A-1's never ran in service on the (N) line.

When i went to take the (L) train yesterday and the day before, i did not see any R160A-1's running on the (L) line, all i saw was alot of R143's. That means the R160A-1's on the (L) train only run on the weekdays only.:confused:

They run on weekends also.

Archived