R160A-1's on the L line

Railfaner100

R160A-1: 4-linked cars built by Alstom that runs on (J)(L)(M)(Z) lines

R160A-2: 5-linked cars built by Alstom that runs on (E)(F)(N)(Q)(W) lines

R160B: 5-linked cars built by Kawasaki that runs on (E)(F)(N)(Q)(W) lines. Half of them has Alstom proplusion and the other half has Siemens proplusion

Speaking of R143/R160's on the (L), since the (M) is about to head towards Midtown, would it relieve the (L) enough to make it exclusively R143 again?

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply
can't be, this one uses question marks.

Heh, then again even he started making actual statements and replying. This compared to when he just asks something and never come back and later to start up the same thread again.

this guy is from Japan and Chipper10 isn't.

D'oh. Didn't see the little flag.

Individual cars are assigned to yards, but cartypes are assigned to lines. The N is assigned 10 R160B-1s and 220 R160B-2s.

The W is assigned 50 R160As and 50 R160B-1s, the Q is assigned 90 R160B-1s. (At least, were as of 09/14/09)

That isn't to say that R160As don't show up on the N. They do, they just aren't assigned there.

R160A-1 and R160A-2 are not actual designations. That said, outside of the first test 5 car units, the 4 car units have stayed east(BMT/IND), and the 5 car units have stayed in the southern and queens divisions(BMT and IND).

I have a questions as well.

When the (MTA) ordered the R143's, did the number of cars ordered fill up the entire line at the time for 2001/2002?

Were the R42's that were on the (L) extra trains to help with the load or where they always there at that time?

I was in the military at the time and I was always under the impression that they did not order enough R143's trains to fill up the (L), whether there were more people riding the (L) or not.

Archived