CI R42 in service on the B line

trainfan22

CI R42 4665 is in service on the B line. I was shocked when i saw it at brighton beach.I rode it of couse it ran express from the bay to kings highway.And then it switched to the local track and went local! So i can that i rode an CI R42 on both the B and the Q lines.Also today ive seen two sets of R68s come back to back on the B line today.

It's not a Coney Island R42. It belongs to the CI Yard but the CI rebuilt R42s are the last 110 in the fleet, or 4840-4949.

And also 4665 is linked to 4460, an R40M.

Yep beat me to it. 4949 is at 207 waiting to be scrapped sadly. I'd love to get the number plate off of it.

It's not a Coney Island R42. It belongs to the CI Yard but the CI rebuilt R42s are the last 110 in the fleet, or 4840-4949.

And also 4665 is linked to 4460, an R40M.

I have operated 4665-4460 when i work the (B)ravo.

I think the CI rebuilds are about to go bye bye...

Got a bunch of em in 207 Yard getting stripped..

Yes, because of the R160s, all CI Rebuilds are getting scrapped. I don't care anyway. Those CI Rebuilds are garbage.

Yes, because of the R160s, all CI Rebuilds are getting scrapped. I don't care anyway. Those CI Rebuilds are garbage.

Yes i know this...

Look for another Seimens Set of R160's to be in service soon..

With another 10 cars of Slants going out to pasture..

When they finish with the enablers on the Coney Island R68's and R68A's look for a bum-rush of R160's..

The ones in Concourse Yard im not to sure about..

when the R68's go on the B line, is the t/o going to do that on/off/on/off/on again thing with the brakes?

the other day i was riding in the R68 N train and what phil said about the R68 is right, the t/o always puts the brakes on and off and then on again and its annoying

when the R68's go on the B line, is the t/o going to do that on/off/on/off/on again thing with the brakes?

the other day i was riding in the R68 N train and what phil said about the R68 is right, the t/o always puts the brakes on and off and then on again and its annoying

I usually feel that alot on the (1).

That "on and off" thing you refer to is the T/O not grabbing enough brake and then taking away too much(going below 20lbs).

That is the dynamic brakes dropping out..

I try not to have the problem with those trains as bad as i see it being done, you grab a good hard brake and knock it off.

I operate that equipment on the (D)elta and (N)ovember lines and i wont miss a beat when i operate them on the (B)ravo.

That "on and off" thing you refer to is the T/O not grabbing enough brake and then taking away too much(going below 20lbs).

That is the dynamic brakes dropping out..

I try not to have the problem with those trains as bad as i see it being done, you grab a good hard brake and knock it off.

I operate that equipment on the (D)elta and (N)ovember lines and i wont miss a beat when i operate them on the (B)ravo.

oh thank goodness, that on/off thing would definitely kill the Brighton express run

Archived