New Limited bus lines

DOB2RTO

Last week I had a customer say the Bx19 takes too long in the morning, and they should have a Limited Bx19. Also after working the Bx36 for one pick, I wondered if it should also have a Limited. The dreaded Bx9 is another.

What do some of you all think. Is it worth it for any of these lines.

Since I live in a neighborhood serviced by the Bx19, I must say, I'm able to relate to what the customer said. It's an extremely slow route, especially during rush hour, and it's rare that I'm able to find a seat (unless I get on at some stop above 180th.)

I'd say that adding a limited route would be a very good suggestion. Perhaps the limited route could stop exclusively at: Fordham, 180th, Tremont, 174th, 172nd, Jennings, 167th, Westchester, 163rd, Prospect, St. Ann's, 3rd, Morris, the Concourse, Lenox, 7th, Douglas, St. Nicholas, Convent, Amsterdam, Broadway.

The Bx36 (180th) isn't usually overcrowed, so I wouldn't propose adding a limited. The Bx9, although slow, again, isn't usually overcrowded.

Since I live in a neighborhood serviced by the Bx19, I must say, I'm able to relate to what the customer said. It's an extremely slow route, especially during rush hour, and it's rare that I'm able to find a seat (unless I get on at some stop above 180th.)

I'd say that adding a limited route would be a very good suggestion. Perhaps the limited route could stop exclusively at: Fordham, 180th, Tremont, 174th, 172nd, Jennings, 167th, Westchester, 163rd, Prospect, St. Ann's, 3rd, Morris, the Concourse, Lenox, 7th, Douglas, St. Nicholas, Convent, Amsterdam, Broadway.

The Bx36 (180th) isn't usually overcrowed, so I wouldn't propose adding a limited. The Bx9, although slow, again, isn't usually overcrowded.

The Bx9 on the weekends at 225st and B'way gets so packed during the evening hours, that customers have to wait for the next bus. Target mall shoppers. The few times I did that route on the extra list, I got into that stop 3 minutes early, and left 5 minutes late. That bus stayed crowded until Fordham Plaza. After that smooth (but really late) sailing.

The Bx36 usually clears out at 180st, but I usually still had a standing load.

The Bx9 on the weekends at 225st and B'way gets so packed during the evening hours, that customers have to wait for the next bus. Target mall shoppers. The few times I did that route on the extra list, I got into that stop 3 minutes early, and left 5 minutes late. That bus stayed crowded until Fordham Plaza. After that smooth (but really late) sailing.

Oh, that's right. I'd forgotten how the Target mall is serviced by the Bx9.

Archived