R44 Reef Cars

INDman

• Replies 373
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 3 weeks later...
What sense does that make to send the R46s down there? If they were going to give SIRT 2nd hand cars, then wouldn't it make more sense to give them the R68s? At least those could be ran as single cars [assuming the controls are still functional in the 'blind cars'].

For best compatibility with the cab signaling system we use, I imagine that it would be better with a new car order specifically designed for SIRT use. Probably would be easier on the engineers to run the R-46s and require less re-training.

What he said. Credits go to the person who took this shot.

img_109757.jpg

Thanks for the credit, I took that shot when I got off the R44, I was on an R32 (R) than got sent down via 6th ave and That R44 came out of nowhere at 42nd st, so I took the R32 (R) to 36th st and took a (D) train back to 47th 50th and took the (F) one stop and I grabbed it there, It felt good ridding that R44 on Queens Blvd, The passengers were like WTH is that Air Noise, I was lol when they said that. I also Have a vid of the R44 on the (F) and I will put it up on Youtube as soon as I can.

There the back of the yard near the river. I don't think you can see them from the IRT.

D'OH! But at lease you can see R44s at 207th St. if you're lucky. Here's some shots that I recently took:

R42 & R44s at 207th St. Yard

R42 4616 & R44 5304 at 207th St. Yard

R44s at 207th st. Yard

Look's like they're being prepped for scrapping, even the R42 (though off topic)

Archived