Help With A Problem...

Jashawn R.

Cant do that for two reasons:

One: I am REALLY shy around girls, so that's out of the question...

Two: My conscience wont let me do that to someone, because I wouldnt want it to happen to me...

Getting over that shyness of talking to girls is worth it. It's just like having friends that are guys, there's really no difference.

Also, about your original problem, if they're treating you like shit then you stand up for yourself and let them know you won't take that. They won't think you're mean, because they know full well that they're being a**holes to you. If you stand up for yourself then they'll know not to mess with you. As long as you're still friendly to other people then others will still think you're a nice person, but with backbone. And if they don't think you're a nice person, it really doesn't matter what other people think of you anyway. That's the key to getting through high school.

Its true man, In highschool I was a "nice guy" and I got robbed, picked on punched and for what, nothing. thats why Now I'm a scumbag.

Damn, sorry to hear about that :(

But I learned from grade school 1-8th, that some people that I knew for years were dirtbags. In hs, one of them went to the same hs as me. I in turn kept as far away from him as possible as he was nothing but trouble. And I was right - he hung out with the 'bad crowd'. Plus I found more solace in isolation anyway.

==

To this day, I like being alone as well. But of course meeting some of you folks in person [like the Feb 19th trip] is always good.

Cant do that for two reasons:

One: I am REALLY shy around girls, so that's out of the question...

Two: My conscience wont let me do that to someone, because I wouldnt want it to happen to me...

Yes I am 14. I think that is my weakness. Technically, I don't like being shy, but I think it's natural, because I am a Capricorn, known for being quiet and shy.

First of all, shyness will do nothing but hold you back. If you remain shy around girls, then you're not going to have a girlfriend for a very, very, very, very, very, very long time. I'm talking years here. Plus the other boys in school will only feed off of your shyness to beat you down not only with words, but possibly with fists. Sometimes it's the words that hurt more.

What you need to do is realize that the only thing a girl can say to you is 'no'. That's it. If three or four say no, so what? Forge on! Eventually someone will say yes and you will become a very happy man.

Finally, don't believe that bullcrap about Capricorns being quiet and shy. I'm a Capricorn. Does this post make you think that I'm quiet and shy? HELL NO!!! What we're good at is being stubborn.

Follow my advice, because I do not want you to be the sequel to "The 40 Year Old Virgin."

Damn, sorry to hear about that :(

But I learned from grade school 1-8th, that some people that I knew for years were dirtbags. In hs, one of them went to the same hs as me. I in turn kept as far away from him as possible as he was nothing but trouble. And I was right - he hung out with the 'bad crowd'. Plus I found more solace in isolation anyway.

==

To this day, I like being alone as well. But of course meeting some of you folks in person [like the Feb 19th trip] is always good.

High School was a big "shock" to me, and in the begining It didn't go well for me and I was sort of lost, anyway I was 14 for crying out loud. I was into buses and trains & my super nintendo. I was shy, kept to myself had the big hair and sloppy clothes, didn't care about stuff like that. But I guess sometimes you need that in life to straighten yourself out.

First of all, shyness will do nothing but hold you back. If you remain shy around girls, then you're not going to have a girlfriend for a very, very, very, very, very, very long time. I'm talking years here. Plus the other boys in school will only feed off of your shyness to beat you down not only with words, but possibly with fists. Sometimes it's the words that hurt more.

What you need to do is realize that the only thing a girl can say to you is 'no'. That's it. If three or four say no, so what? Forge on! Eventually someone will say yes and you will become a very happy man.

Finally, don't believe that bullcrap about Capricorns being quiet and shy. I'm a Capricorn. Does this post make you think that I'm quiet and shy? HELL NO!!! What we're good at is being stubborn.

Follow my advice, because I do not want you to be the sequel to "The 40 Year Old Virgin."

I basically told him the same thing on page 2. Like I said Nice guys finish last, and its true.

Cut the pricks off...there is absolutely NO reason why you should be friends with scum that treats you low. I learned the hard way and it wasn't until junior year that I became a part of any "in" crowds, but if you want to befriend people then you need to set yourself some standards. They don't have to be high standards or anything but know who you're looking for. If you want to be with the nerd table, go for the nerd table. If you want to be a part of the school a-hole group, go for that. If you want to be a part of the "ladies man" group go for that. You may have to pay a price depending on who you want your friends to be but if it makes you happy then by all means do whatever you feel is best for you.

And be careful...a majority of high school girls are smuts...lol :(

People here are telling you to do something different. Stop being shy and quiet, be tough instead.

I suggest you be you.

If you're shy, enjoy being a shy guy!

If you're quiet, do quiet things!

Whatever is You cannot be wrong, and so enjoy it while you have life in you.

People here are telling you to do something different. Stop being shy and quiet, be tough instead.

I suggest you be you.

If you're shy, enjoy being a shy guy!

If you're quiet, do quiet things!

Whatever is You cannot be wrong, and so enjoy it while you have life in you.

Shy and tough are two different things. I'm certainly not telling him to be tough, but I am telling him that his skin just needs to be a little thicker.

I say that if you improve your self-esteem, then shyness will fade away. Often, shyness and low self-seteem are directly linked. You can do quiet things, but you can also feel self-confident. Self-confidence and high self-esteem are two things that others can see in someone in an instant.

And be careful...a majority of high school girls are smuts...lol ;)

it's sadly true.

44707\ dujk

'[]'\

\]]]]['+

ujyhtgblo7 \

W

2y6vcd0178

Finally! Contact with the aliens! :P

I'm going to iterate the point/message that ColumbiaDeath pretty much said... in being much less politically correct...

I've learned that the more you worry about what OTHER people think, the more you hold yourself back.... In anything you do & wish to accomplish in life... This includes quote-unquote friends, and even family; don't think for a second that a family member has your BEST interest at hand... only YOU have your best interest at hand.... never forget that.

The way I see people, they either respect me for me, or they can kick rocks and keep it movin.... hell:

Call me cynical.

Call me selfish.

Call me anything in the book... Positive or Negative.

End of the day, I'm still me.... Point, blank, period.

This isn't about getting over shyness, letting your cajones (sp?) hang as low to the ground as they possibly can while flexing your muscles... This is about being yourself.... It's like what they say in those old Army commercials - "Be... all that you can be"... Or, like Popeye used to say - "I am what I am and that's all that I am"...

Far as your situation goes, like mostly everyone said, those are not friends... Any group of people who you feel an iota of a negative vibe around, are not your friends... anyone who you try to talk to, and give you the cold shoulder in the process are not your friends.... the more you try to force friendship out of people, the weaker of a person YOU end up becoming....Nothing worse than a man that can't stand on his own two feet.

Probably won't make much sense to you now, but as you grow older, you'll start to realize what I'm sayin here in bits & pieces... It's up to you to weed through who you deem is true... and who, for the most part...

...are full of s***.

I am having some trouble with my "friends". I seem to keep attracting people who I am constantly nice to, but yet they constantly slander, and make fun of me. I really confused right now, because if I try to talk to to them, they act like a brick wall. I'm starting High School in September, and I don't want this to happen again. What should I do? Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Subwaytrain

I was originally going to take a two week sabbatical from NYCTF after recent events, but I just had to add my $.02 to this thread:

My adolescent years were full of misery. I had a stuttering problem that made me the target of bullies. I once got jumped by this much older kid who was twice my size. When I was 13 was jumped at a park by a group of thugs. I was called a retard because I stuttered (that's why I wanted to murder Brian Weinberg when he called me that).

Since I got tired of being insulted I stopped talking. I just sat alone in a corner. For 4 years in Brooklyn Tech I said nothing. Teachers wondered what was wrong with me. As a result of my shyness, I had few friends and no girlfriend (at the age of 25 I still haven't been on a single date). Instead of confronting my problems, I ran away from them.

When I entered college I started to talk a little. I also started to lift weights. I was no longer the 120 pound kid who got pummeled at Montibello Park. I was a 6 feet tall, 200 pound man. I was still a bit shy but I joined clubs at college. Years of speech therapy improved (but didn't totally eliminate) my stuttering problem. I've had a few bumps on the road (Subchat) but I feel that things are improving.

My experiences have taught me that people will take your kindness for weakness. Anyone who talks trash behind your back isn't your friend. I suggest having a small clique of friends who respect you regardless of your flaws rather than to try to please everyone. Join a few clubs in high school and speak up in class.

Good News!!! I told my so called "friends" to kick F****** rocks!!!!! I tried talking, so now I am being just as harsh as they were to me...I didn't need them anyways. I can find better people than them. Thanks for the advice!!!

Good for you kid. Now there going to beat you up lol

Oh, what I'd give to be 18 again.:cry:

Man, I wish I could relive my high school freshman year (13-14 at the time) and to be 16. Why 16 though? Best year of my life, and I rode 32 (F)s end to end...lol.

Man, I wish I could relive my high school freshman year (13-14 at the time) and to be 16. Why 16 though? Best year of my life, and I rode 32 (F)s end to end...lol.

Jeez @ 16 I can think of better things that I accomplished rather than riding a train, like my first girlfriend wink wink :)

Archived