Help With A Problem...

Jashawn R.

Man, I wish I could relive my high school freshman year (13-14 at the time) and to be 16. Why 16 though? Best year of my life, and I rode 32 (F)s end to end...lol.

You and me, different. I wish my childhood would go to hell and leave me alone.

Cant do that for two reasons:

One: I am REALLY shy around girls, so that's out of the question...

Couple of things kid: First you should definitely get over the shyness thing, it will help you a bunch. Don't put girls on a pedestal. You're a guy...you know what that means? 1) You never will have to give birth to a baby 2) Because you never will have to give birth to a baby, consider your male/female "task" in life to be starting all the conversations.

It's a stupid way of putting it, but it can make some sense. Girls aren't just going to come up to you very often, and usually the ones that do you want no part of. You have to go out and get it. Girls like that. A man who goes out and gets what he wants. Act confidently by being confident by not worrying about the consequences and they will respect the hell out of you. You know how many guys go around asking girls all sorts of stupid questions constantly because they like her but never ask her out? The guy that does ask her out, well that usually helps his case. Maybe not in high school, but these are life skills that will help you later on.

Here I'll even tell you a stupid story. One of the girls from college I hooked up with as a freshman, I had literally met once before and she was in my room hanging out with my roommates. There was a kid who lived across the hall who was a total prick, but who up until that night my roommates liked. I come back, and they're hanging out, and she's upset. Mind you, I've met her once, and I've been out partying and basically being an idiot college freshman, and I find out that the kid across the hall I don't like tried to force her to "hang out" with him until my roommates intervened. So I get up, and wobbling all over the place like an idiot college freshman threaten to kick the kid's ass (and he's of course long since asleep in his room, not that any of this makes any difference to me in my state that night). So she laughs at what I'm doing and saying, telling me that what happened was no big deal and I shouldn't worry, and I wind up hooking up with her later that night. The next day I ask her out to go ice skating and of course she says yes, and after that we went out for a while. Later on, I found out that she became interested because she knew the condition I was in, and she thought it was awesome that my first instinct was to come to her defense. Girls can find things like that attractive. I'm not saying that's a blueprint on how to do it, I'm just saying being confident about what you do and say can tip the balance. Maybe that girl doesn't say yes to going out if I didn't act like that. Maybe it just dies and becomes a one night hookup (common in the college scene) if I don't follow up the next day by asking her out. You never know, so try. If you have to ask 25 girls out so that 1 says yes, isn't that one worth it? Who CARES about the 24 no's, you got what you were looking for.

Besides think of it this way: if she says no, know where you'll be? Right back where you are now. Yup, single. What's the worst she could do, embarrass you? She can only embarrass you if you allow yourself to be embarrased. Let's say she slaps you in the face. Guess what? Pick yourself up, laugh, point at her, go "that was a good one" and walk away and no one will think ANYTHING of it in 20 minutes, if even that long.

Most girls aren't like that. Most girls if they want to say no will come up with a noncommital way of saying no since they don't want to "hurt your feelings." It's true. In time you learn to read it but you got to practice. And if she does act like a total b**** towards you because you asked her out? Well you might almost want to thank her because she just saved you a lot of wasted time and effort to find out that she was a b****. Just think, you didn't even have to buy her a single meal to find out that you want nothing more to do with her.

Two: My conscience wont let me do that to someone, because I wouldnt want it to happen to me...

As for your conscience, I get you're a good kid, and you want to do the right thing, but sometimes the right thing to do isn't the classical right thing to do. I live my life with a simple motto. You're good to me, I'm twice as good to you. Treat me like shit, and I'll treat you twice over like shit. Of course it's not "good" to treat people twice over like shit, for any reason. But as far as I'm concerned it's the right thing to do, and it keeps people honest. When you grow up you'll have to find your own "code" to live by, but odds are it won't be one of the ones that was taught to you as a kid, it might be similar, but at the end of the day you don't have to answer to anyone but yourself.

You have to go out and get it. Girls like that. A man who goes out and gets what he wants. Act confidently by being confident by not worrying about the consequences and they will respect the hell out of you.

If you have to ask 25 girls out so that 1 says yes, isn't that one worth it? Who CARES about the 24 no's, you got what you were looking for.

Besides think of it this way: if she says no, know where you'll be? Right back where you are now. Yup, single.

All 100% true.

Couple of things kid: First you should definitely get over the shyness thing, it will help you a bunch. Don't put girls on a pedestal. You're a guy...you know what that means? 1) You never will have to give birth to a baby 2) Because you never will have to give birth to a baby, consider your male/female "task" in life to be starting all the conversations.

It's a stupid way of putting it, but it can make some sense. Girls aren't just going to come up to you very often, and usually the ones that do you want no part of. You have to go out and get it. Girls like that. A man who goes out and gets what he wants. Act confidently by being confident by not worrying about the consequences and they will respect the hell out of you. You know how many guys go around asking girls all sorts of stupid questions constantly because they like her but never ask her out? The guy that does ask her out, well that usually helps his case. Maybe not in high school, but these are life skills that will help you later on.

Here I'll even tell you a stupid story. One of the girls from college I hooked up with as a freshman, I had literally met once before and she was in my room hanging out with my roommates. There was a kid who lived across the hall who was a total prick, but who up until that night my roommates liked. I come back, and they're hanging out, and she's upset. Mind you, I've met her once, and I've been out partying and basically being an idiot college freshman, and I find out that the kid across the hall I don't like tried to force her to "hang out" with him until my roommates intervened. So I get up, and wobbling all over the place like an idiot college freshman threaten to kick the kid's ass (and he's of course long since asleep in his room, not that any of this makes any difference to me in my state that night). So she laughs at what I'm doing and saying, telling me that what happened was no big deal and I shouldn't worry, and I wind up hooking up with her later that night. The next day I ask her out to go ice skating and of course she says yes, and after that we went out for a while. Later on, I found out that she became interested because she knew the condition I was in, and she thought it was awesome that my first instinct was to come to her defense. Girls can find things like that attractive. I'm not saying that's a blueprint on how to do it, I'm just saying being confident about what you do and say can tip the balance. Maybe that girl doesn't say yes to going out if I didn't act like that. Maybe it just dies and becomes a one night hookup (common in the college scene) if I don't follow up the next day by asking her out. You never know, so try. If you have to ask 25 girls out so that 1 says yes, isn't that one worth it? Who CARES about the 24 no's, you got what you were looking for.

Besides think of it this way: if she says no, know where you'll be? Right back where you are now. Yup, single. What's the worst she could do, embarrass you? She can only embarrass you if you allow yourself to be embarrased. Let's say she slaps you in the face. Guess what? Pick yourself up, laugh, point at her, go "that was a good one" and walk away and no one will think ANYTHING of it in 20 minutes, if even that long.

Most girls aren't like that. Most girls if they want to say no will come up with a noncommital way of saying no since they don't want to "hurt your feelings." It's true. In time you learn to read it but you got to practice. And if she does act like a total b**** towards you because you asked her out? Well you might almost want to thank her because she just saved you a lot of wasted time and effort to find out that she was a b****. Just think, you didn't even have to buy her a single meal to find out that you want nothing more to do with her.

As for your conscience, I get you're a good kid, and you want to do the right thing, but sometimes the right thing to do isn't the classical right thing to do. I live my life with a simple motto. You're good to me, I'm twice as good to you. Treat me like shit, and I'll treat you twice over like shit. Of course it's not "good" to treat people twice over like shit, for any reason. But as far as I'm concerned it's the right thing to do, and it keeps people honest. When you grow up you'll have to find your own "code" to live by, but odds are it won't be one of the ones that was taught to you as a kid, it might be similar, but at the end of the day you don't have to answer to anyone but yourself.

POST OF THE THREAD!!!!!

• 2 weeks later...
Whoops, I was going to reply to this thread before but had an uncontrollable urge to cough with a mouth full of coffee.

That said, SubwayGuy is right, no matter how important you think the high school years are, they are wholly insignificant in the grand scheme of things. Everything from grades 7 to 12 is largely irrelevant in the game of life.

SubwayGuy and Joe are correct and this is coming is coming from JW72093 who happens to be a teenager nearing senior year of high school. Im very different from my peers and not really open with myself in front of them. The key is to be happy with who you are. I am very happy with who I am and it helps me gain respect from my peers. Not only that the teachers around my school resepct me more because of my effort in school which has led me to a really high GPA. Maybe if you go to my school, Truman, ill help you get some cred. Otherwise ignore dumb people who try to bring you down. Life does not begin until college which is a place more people should go.

Archived