Playing audio device on the TA System Do you like it?

Friendlyparrots

I'm here less then a day and I love this place all ready.

And I have a whole bunch of things I'd love to talk to you guys about. I'll try with one at a time and I hope it's ok with you guys.

You relised I wrote Audio playing not radio playing? When I was growing up in the 80's boom boxes where the thing and everyone knew playing it on the train is not legal. Now you have so many diferent audiuo playing devices, & almost every cell phone. They are so small you don't even know where the sound is coming from. I find it so anoying it some times even makes me get a headache. Taking a 45 minute ride from Brooklyn in to midtown and this person just wouldn't shut that thing and no one would't say anything of being afraid of geting hurt. A lot of these people doing it are probably people who dont remember those days when you got busted for playing a radio on the train.

They had the dcals no Radio/littering etc..

I dont know if you noticed but so many trains don't even have these decals anymore, I ride the (D) train a lot.

Just one of the things I am wondering about, Now what do you think about it?

Yeah. They'll probably blame the MTA.

Guy: Aghh! I'm deaf!!!

Doctor: I told you to remove your earphones! You should blame yourself.

Guy: Blame who?!!! The MTA?!!! All right. I'll sue them. Yeah. Stupid, noisy trains...

The ear phone thing is a whole diferent story. When you hear it all the way at the other side of the car. Ouch are they deaf???

I'm talking about when they play it loud on a speaker. I'm sure ten years ago you would think radio playing on a train is a thing of the past. I don't see anyone say anything about this, it took time for the city to enforce it and now its getting out of hand.

That's how I feel

The ear phone thing is a whole diferent story. When you hear it all the way at the other side of the car. Ouch are they deaf???

I'm talking about when they play it loud on a speaker. I'm sure ten years ago you would think radio playing on a train is a thing of the past. I don't see anyone say anything about this, it took time for the city to enforce it and now its getting out of hand.

That's how I feel

As a t/O a agree with you %100 about the dame Cell phone and what ever else can be used with out head phone. I hate it when I have to get out of my cab(And yes I do get out) becouse someone right behind me chooses to play whatever dame songs behind me with out headsets. I had one yesterday using his dame Cell Phone. I know it was him but since I can directly point out someone I asked everyone in gerele to turn off the radio or put on Headsets. The Guy ponied himself out and I then tolled him directly the rules and that it is also interfacing with me doing my job right since I could not hear my WORK RADIO clearly. He turned it off. Not all goesthat smothy those with theses people. They tell me its a phone not a radio, same shit to me and the TA. But then again what was the last time you saw a cop pull someone off a train for this.

Thank you

As a t/O a agree with you %100 about the dame Cell phone and what ever else can be used with out head phone. I hate it when I have to get out of my cab(And yes I do get out) becouse someone right behind me chooses to play whatever dame songs behind me with out headsets. I had one yesterday using his dame Cell Phone. I know it was him but since I can directly point out someone I asked everyone in gerele to turn off the radio or put on Headsets. The Guy ponied himself out and I then tolled him directly the rules and that it is also interfacing with me doing my job right since I could not hear my WORK RADIO clearly. He turned it off. Not all goesthat smothy those with theses people. They tell me its a phone not a radio, same shit to me and the TA. But then again what was the last time you saw a cop pull someone off a train for this.

You might not hear any radios on the subways now, but during the summer, it's the moving boom box.

Personally, I don't mind unless he/she's really interfering with your business. It's kind of New York culture so you got to live with it sometimes.

You seem to get all the idiots on your trains....

Archived