Subway Update

R32 3838

It's not a CBTC order. 8313-8376 are equipped with CBTC, and 9943-9972 will just be normal 4-car sets which should be coming in by as early as next week...

Nothing is set in stone.

They're not banned from the (E).

I could've sworn it was posted here & Subchat that the 32 R160A-1s are CBTC equipped. Guess we gotta wait and see

• Replies 440
  • Created
  • Last Reply
They are still getting SMS:

http://nycsubway.org/perl/show?110376

This is why I think that R46 to SI is full of crap.

In the world of NYCT, they'll SMS them today and retire them "next week" Why? Because "it's in the budget".

At one time, they painted a few R27's red and graffiti free to allow the fleet to be 100% graffiti free only to scrap the same cars a week later. Why? Because "it's in the budget".

Beauracracy in action!

It might not be. Sure, SI cars see less wear and tear than the main line's, but not all may be SMS'ed. They may have a mix. as far as the amount of cars (64), those may be "earmarked" incase the 44SI's, SMS or not, dont make it to the next car order.

remember, SMS doesnt mean they keep em. R32s were suppose to be gone, now they wont be until 2012

The SI R44's may get less mileage and wear & tear but they are never out of the elements (unless they are in the barn) and they are virtually surrounded by salt water 24/7 (when they lay over at Tottenville and St. George).

They aren't!

Exactly. In an extreme equipment pinch, like a last minute bad ordered train, if an R32 is all that's available in the yard, it's going to run on the E.

In a senario that the railroad is down the toilet and CTL has to reroute a V to Parsons/Archer and it happens to be an R32 and the E line needs an interval, the E dispatcher WILL "steal" this R32.

Now these senarios are not very likely to happen, but I've been around long enough for "never say never".

Exactly. In an extreme equipment pinch, like a last minute bad ordered train, if an R32 is all that's available in the yard, it's going to run on the E.

In a senario that the railroad is down the toilet and CTL has to reroute a V to Parsons/Archer and it happens to be an R32 and the E line needs an interval, the E dispatcher WILL "steal" this R32.

Now these senarios are not very likely to happen, but I've been around long enough for "never say never".

I Hope that Happens, Now That the Orange (M) is in effect

The 26 R32 at Jamaica has to be reassigned to another Line, But they CAN still use them on this New (M), But I heard they want it 100% R160's like the regular (M), Who Knows, Time will tell, If anyone took an R32 (V) 2 weeks ago, That (M) sign was a Hint that they were going to do this.

I Hope that Happens, Now That the Orange (M) is in effect

The 26 R32 at Jamaica has to be reassigned to another Line, But they CAN still use them on this New (M), But I heard they want it 100% R160's like the regular (M), Who Knows, Time will tell, If anyone took an R32 (V) 2 weeks ago, That (M) sign was a Hint that they were going to do this.

To put orange M's into R32/R42 cars would cost time and money and I doubt if they will do it. Plus the new M will be somewhat of a showcase line. I expect R160's to be the exclusive equipment. They can put any needed R32/R42 on the J/Z. We will find out for sure what equipment will be assigned where a few days before the implimentation of the pick & service change when the memo comes out.

To put orange M's into R32/R42 cars would cost time and money and I doubt if they will do it. Plus the new M will be somewhat of a showcase line. I expect R160's to be the exclusive equipment. They can put any needed R32/R42 on the J/Z. We will find out for sure what equipment will be assigned where a few days before the implimentation of the pick & service change when the memo comes out.

Nope, They will use 100% R160's, Because of this, The 50 R42's have to stay for (J)/(Z) service and will not be replaced by the 32 R160A-1 Option II cars and Plus those 14 R42's will be in service this summer, Mostlikley ENY ( SUBJECT TO CHANGE).

As for the R32's

Jamaica will get 30 More R32's

the 20 that were on the (A) is going back to Jamaica

and I know this might piss of some railfans that ride the (:P/(Q) but Jamiaca is getting those 10 R32's back and That makes sence because they have no spares and they are not going to need it Unless something changes.

Jamica Is Mostlikely going to assign their R32's to the (F) or (R) lines,and the rest of the R32's will stay at 207th st yard for (C) service and ITS STAYING 8 Cars.

there are 2 trainsets of R44's at Concouruse Yard (DEATH ROW) and 2 more might of went up there, From What I heard They will be SCRAPED instead of reefing.

BUT BEFORE EVERYONE GETS ON MY BACK, EVERYTHING IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE.

So, you want SI to keep it's R44's? Just asking.

I would say yes b\c the 44's run frekin great out there compared to the subway.If you haven't rode a 44 on SI u need2 I recommend it2 everyone they RUN GREAT AS opposed to the (A).I don't think no one on S.I are complaining about the 44's anyways.

Archived