Subway Update

R32 3838

So why would the (F) use 32s and why would jamaica get more cars ,the 32s if the Jamaica Yard is losing a line the (V) and the new (M) cars will be based out of the East New York Yard.

Those cars could be used as extras if anything.

Remember, the plan was never to make the (F) all-NTT; there'll still be a 46 in the mix, especially during rush hours. The delivery for the 5-car sets is almost finished.

Like the OP poster said all of this is subject to change. If anything, the (M) may not even happen if the cuts are averted like they were last year.

• Replies 440
  • Created
  • Last Reply
They are going Bye-Bye, They are done, They are on death Row, There are more than 24 of them there, I was there today.

The (M) can Use the R32's, But they are not going to be assigned to the (M), The (M) will be 100% R160's, Meaning the R42's are going to stay on the (J)/(Z), the 14 cars will be in service as soon as the summer (SUBJECT TO CHANGE)

Like I said Before, They are going to change the car assignments in Queens again (when the cuts take place) and plus the General Managers are getting layed-off so, Things will change again.

their is a plan they have, they would be force to make the (C) full length due to pitkin/207th may get 428 or 432 r46s(5740-6258) instead of just getting 376cars of r46s that means the (C) would have a mix fleet of R32 and R46 they hate this plan they might have no choice.

Okay, Guys, Whoever takes the (R), Be on the Lookout, There is rumors Flying about an R160 that supposed to pop up on the (R) this week or next week, So Be on the Lookout, I will be looking out as well and I do see it in actual service, I will post the Proof Photos.

If This does Happens, The (F) Will Not be 100% R160's, They will take Half of the R160's that are on the (F) and put them on the (R) and the (F) would take Half of the ®'s R46's, Who Knows.

Okay, Guys, Whoever takes the (R), Be on the Lookout, There is rumors Flying about an R160 that supposed to pop up on the (R) this week or next week, So Be on the Lookout, I will be looking out as well and I do see it in actual service, I will post the Proof Photos.

If This does Happens, The (F) Will Not be 100% R160's, They will take Half of the R160's that are on the (F) and put them on the (R) and the (F) would take Half of the ®'s R46's, Who Knows.

i heard after after June 26, 2010 Jamaica yard will only have 312cars of R46s and pitkin and/ 207th gets 440 R46's (5740-6258).

that could force TA to make the (C) full length.

Yep, i was there with you talking to a T/O on the R32 (V) train yesterday who stated this so let's see what happens.

i heard after after June 26, 2010 Jamaica yard will only have 312cars of R46s and pitkin and/ 207th gets 440 R46's (5740-6258).

that could force TA to make the (C) full length.

There are also rumors going around that the R46s 6206-6258 have been mothballed (found out about this on the other board).

No, I don't think so, the (F) train will become 100% R160, like the (E) train is right now. The reason why the (R) didn't get R160's earlier is because the option order 1 and 2 of R160A-2's and R160B's were just enough to only fill up the (E) and (F) lines as planned. The only way for the (R) train to get R160's is that the (MTA) might have to purchase new orders of R160's like making an option 3 order and a option 4 order like it was planned before. If the Jamaica yard keeps on conituing to give up more R46's, then this possibly means that the R46 from the (R) will have to be given up to the (A) and (C), so that way the (R) train can get R160's like the (E) and (F) trains.:P

No, I don't think so, the (F) train will become 100% R160, like the (E) train is right now. The reason why the (R) didn't get R160's earlier is because the option order 1 and 2 of R160A-2's and R160B's were just enough to only fill up the (E) and (F) lines as planned. The only way for the (R) train to get R160's is that the (MTA) might have to purchase new orders of R160's like making an option 3 order and a option 4 order like it was planned before. If the Jamaica yard keeps on conituing to give up more R46's, then this possibly means that the R46 from the (R) will have to be given up to the (A) and (C), so that way the (R) train can get R160's like the (E) and (F) trains.:P

There are only so many R46s that Jamaica can give up...ad the only way that can happen is if...the R160s come in. Option 3 is dead so after 9974 that's it for 160s.

The plan was to NEVER have the (F) become all-160. The (R) was supposed to get them back in December and they would be split between the (F) and the (R), half-160, half-46. Things kept on being pushed further and further back but I only hope that this time it'll actually happen.

Maybe a dumb question: After seeing the (Q) terminate at 57th Street all these years, how will it access 60th Street - will the (Q) still stop on the express side?

North of 57th Street the (Q) can still cross onto the diverging tracks that lead to the 60th Street tube.

True. However, with the (Q)s to Astoria, I think they will cross above 34 St to the Local track, like the (N) currently does.

Well the main reason why the (N) doesn't cross over at 57th Street would be so the (Q) doesn't get interrupted while it's being fumigated. Yet if the (Q) does follow the (N)'s pattern as it does now where it stops at 49th Street I wouldn't be surprised. The weird part is it would stop at that station weekdays only and skip it all other times.

What does it mean when cars get "mothballed"?

It's another way of saying that the equipment is pulled from service and placed in storage. The 14 R42s at Coney Island Yard that were supposed to be scrapped were pulled from the scrapline BUT are mothballed; they are sitting in the yard. When the cars re-enter service, they are basically "de-mothballed". This happened in the 70s when the R46s were giving problems; the R16s were supposed to be replaced by the R46 but the problems the latter cars were giving prolonged the retirement process; the R16s were mothballed but then de-mothballed and re-entered service. Hope this helps.

Well the main reason why the (N) doesn't cross over at 57th Street would be so the (Q) doesn't get interrupted while it's being fumigated. Yet if the (Q) does follow the (N)'s pattern as it does now where it stops at 49th Street I wouldn't be surprised. The weird part is it would stop at that station weekdays only and skip it all other times.

It's another way of saying that the equipment is pulled from service and placed in storage. The 14 R42s at Coney Island Yard that were supposed to be scrapped were pulled from the scrapline BUT are mothballed; they are sitting in the yard. When the cars re-enter service, they are basically "de-mothballed". This happened in the 70s when the R46s were giving problems; the R16s were supposed to be replaced by the R46 but the problems the latter cars were giving prolonged the retirement process; the R16s were mothballed but then de-mothballed and re-entered service. Hope this helps.

Definitely dude.I heard about when R46s cars were cracking and had old equipment replace new equipment LOL thanks:tup:

There are only so many R46s that Jamaica can give up...ad the only way that can happen is if...the R160s come in. Option 3 is dead so after 9974 that's it for 160s.

The plan was to NEVER have the (F) become all-160. The (R) was supposed to get them back in December and they would be split between the (F) and the (R), half-160, half-46. Things kept on being pushed further and further back but I only hope that this time it'll actually happen.

Now look, the (F) train is now mostly R160A-2 and R160B with about 3 or 4 sets of R46 left on the line. This means that the (F) will be 100% R160 very soon, why do you think there are now very few R46 sets running now on the F. Also those R160's are only large enough to completly fill up the (E) and (F) lines, there aren't enough R160's for the (R) train to run, so that means there has to be more additional orders of R160's for the (R) train then.:confused:

Now look, the (F) train is now mostly R160A-2 and R160B with about 3 or 4 sets of R46 left on the line. This means that the (F) will be 100% R160 very soon, why do you think there are now very few R46 sets running now on the F. Also those R160's are only large enough to completly fill up the (E) and (F) lines, there aren't enough R160's for the (R) train to run, so that means there has to be more additional orders of R160's for the (R) train then.:confused:

Not necessarily...the (R) would just use the (F)'s 160s, and the (F) would use the ®'s R46s. Never heard about car reassignments? If the (R) gets 160s, then that means the (F) would lose some of its 160s to the (R), resulting in the (R) losing some of their 46s to the (F).

Not necessarily...the (R) would just use the (F)'s 160s, and the (F) would use the ®'s R46s. Never heard about car reassignments? If the (R) gets 160s, then that means the (F) would lose some of its 160s to the (R), resulting in the (R) losing some of their 46s to the (F).

What would be the point of all that car-juggling again?

Actually, Jamaica Yard already has enough sets to operate 100% R-160 Sets on the (F) as on March 15th, 2010, the (F) line ran with 100% R-160s. The plan is to have the (F) go 100% R-160 (which is subject to change as operation desire), which its suppose to be by weeks end, with the remaining R-160 sets (4-5 sets) to operate between the (R) and (V) lines.

Actually, Jamaica Yard already has enough sets to operate 100% R-160 Sets on the (F) as on March 15th, 2010, the (F) line ran with 100% R-160s. The plan is to have the (F) go 100% R-160 (which is subject to change as operation desire), which its suppose to be by weeks end, with the remaining R-160 sets (4-5 sets) to operate between the (R) and (V) lines.

Thank you and when the Jamaica Yard loses the (V) the (R) will run the 29 sets of 46s along with the extra sets of 160s keeping the (E) and (F) 100 percent 160s

Archived