Subway Update

R32 3838

• Replies 440
  • Created
  • Last Reply

For those who wish to calculate such things, a good estimate for spare factors is a spare train for every 5-6 trains in service. The F will still need R46s even when all the R160s are delivered, even if all of the remaining trains will be assigned to the E/F pool (Which, unless things change, they will be.).

Spoke to a Dispasher today, R160 ran on the ®omeo yesterday, I didn't run today, It should run tommorrow, It might be a put-in also.

I'll be looking for that sucker no doubt.

R195?!?!?! Provide more info on this when you can...what cars are those supposed to replace?

By the time the R195s are ordered, R68s will be waving farewell.

And as a matter of fact, the R42s that are at East New York will have to stay at East New York for the (J) and the (Z) because the 160s that will come in will have to be used by the new (M) especially during rush hours.

And the problem with the R142As on the (7) is that the rooflines are too round...one set came out of the tube and it was scratched up like crazy.

Oh, lord...another set of problems...that means that either they fix the tunnel (unlikely) or the R188s will have R62-type roofs (likely).

He's saying let's wait and see instead of continuing to speculate too much.

Thanx for explaining...only reason im not hype is bcuz of the stepped up security...when will the security be decreased:cry:

Oh, lord...another set of problems...that means that either they fix the tunnel (unlikely) or the R188s will have R62-type roofs (likely).

Sometimes the 62s have a hard time going through the tunnel...not enough clearance.

Yay!!! this made my day:cool::tup:

Is it me or does the ladder thing look bent

I got it today, I knew what time It came to 71st so I just hung around and It poped up, I got Photos and I will post them later.

This is For the ones that thought I was wrong

You Feel Stupid, Especialy VIP, The one that said that There was No Change coming on Queens Bivd, This was Part of the change

Also 3-4 More R46's are back on the (F), Maybe more, 3 was running today so that 6 trainsets in total, Maybe More, I expect to see more than 3 R160's on the (R) by tuesday, Wacth out for the (V) also Just for the heads up.

I got it today, I knew what time It came to 71st so I just hung around and It poped up, I got Photos and I will post them later.

This is For the ones that thought I was wrong

You Feel Stupid, Especialy VIP, The one that said that There was No Change coming on Queens Bivd, This was Part of the change

Also 3-4 More R46's are back on the (F), Maybe more, 3 was running today so that 6 trainsets in total, Maybe More, I expect to see more than 3 R160's on the (R) by tuesday, Wacth out for the (V) also Just for the heads up.

Man the Queens Blvd Line would look good with all R160's:cool:

The 68's are only slow starters; when they get going, they get going!

They're slow to me period eventho I love em,but the only experienced fast ride on a 68 on the D/B is 34th to W4 S/B & N/B,Tremont to 167th S/B just before the timers and both directions btwn Atlantic Av and 36th St.The Tubes is nice also but other than that they're slow.

Full Jamaica R160 fleet (once delivery complete): 81 trains.

E+F requirement (Including spares): Roughly 84 trains.

E+F will therefore not be entirely R160, unless spare factors are lowered or further R160s are reassigned to Jamaica.

If the G R and V are to get R160s, they will be at the cost of the E/F having R160s. I rather doubt that will happen.

Archived