Teen hurt in brawl at Penn Station

Trainspotter

Teen hurt in brawl at Penn Station

A brawl broke out among a group of teenagers on the (2)(3) platform at Penn Station, police said Wednesday. One teen was punched in the face, resulting in an injury to his forehead, police said.

"Gangs are fighting, people are bleeding," said a witness according to a log of the 911 tape provided by police.

Police and witnesses said the group of teens started fighting at the 34th Street station around 3:30 p.m. ET.

It's unclear whether that same teen, or a different one, was pushed onto the tracks. Transit officials briefly held trains outside the station as a result of the incident.

Police are looking for suspects.

Full story: amny_logo.gif icon_offsite.png - February 7, 2008

You know, theres has been alot more teens fighting on trains and train stations lately.

What I mean is that reports more and the numbers are rising. And I mean not only in NY.

Herbert.jpg

You young whippersnappers need discipline I say.......I'll show you discipline.........

You know, theres has been alot more teens fighting on trains and train stations lately.

What I mean is that reports more and the numbers are rising. And I mean not only in NY.

Its so dumb these days honestly. Every time I take the bus or train, there has to be a group of kids yelling at the top of their lungs and trying to pick fights with others (I guess they are trying to either show off or be fools). I just don't get why they need to be that dumb. ;)

Its so dumb these days honestly. Every time I take the bus or train, there has to be a group of kids yelling at the top of their lungs and trying to pick fights with others (I guess they are trying to either show off or be fools). I just don't get why they need to be that dumb. ;)

Exactly. I've been in the middle, not involved of two arguments and fights. One on the bus yesterday with these middle school kids fighting over a girl and looks. Then one today on my way home on HBLR and a fight breaks at and because of them I was held up at my stop because transit cops wouldn't let me or anyone else off the train until the arguing and fighting settled down. Heard about 3 trains were right behind the on I was on, all between Liberty State Park and Jersey Avenue.

Geez, I'm all for not fighting, but if you have to fight, don't do it in the subway. That also reminds me of a video I got last time I was in NYC of some idiot on a (6) across the platform was being silly for my camera, I'll have to put that up some time.

I have to comment on this one. One afternoon on the Union Square platform on the (N)(R)(Q)(W), there were some kids (from WIHS) trying to pick a fight with another youngster. I stepped in and broke it up. After that, I caught flak with the teens trying to start the fight. These kids were mad at me. I invited them all to try and start something with me. Little did they know that I just came out of work all stressed out and was ready to tear them all apart. After I invited them all to a showdown, them all back the hell up. I couldn't bring myself to act on self defense if no one actually did anything to me so I backed off myself.

They were kids.

I have to comment on this one. One afternoon on the Union Square platform on the (N)(R)(Q)(W), there were some kids (from WIHS) trying to pick a fight with another youngster. I stepped in and broke it up. After that, I caught flak with the teens trying to start the fight. These kids were mad at me. I invited them all to try and start something with me. Little did they know that I just came out of work all stressed out and was ready to tear them all apart. After I invited them all to a showdown, them all back the hell up. I couldn't bring myself to act on self defense if no one actually did anything to me so I backed off myself.

They were kids.

Awwww,what a nice thing to do Harry,save a less than popular kid from a bunch of a**es,Any other New Yorker would stand there and watch as that kid got the crud beat outta him.

Awwww,what a nice thing to do Harry,save a less than popular kid from a bunch of a**es,Any other New Yorker would stand there and watch as that kid got the crud beat outta him.

Not really. A couple of months before that I saw this huge guy (6' 6"+) an older gentleman break up a fight on the train. The way he screamed at these kids was so funny. Those kids backed off immediately.

Archived