The New M Train

Q101viaSteinway

• Replies 657
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I read in New York Post today that due to outrage over cutting the (M), the new (M)/(V) combination will be an orange M train since it will use the 6th Avenue line
where is the link on the website to the article?

I read in New York Post today that due to outrage over cutting the (M), the new (M)/(V) combination will be an orange M train since it will use the 6th Avenue line

I'm calling shens on this. You made this post on Subchat (http://www.subchat.com/read.asp?Id=912515) and you didn't provide any proof there either. There's so far no news about this change and no one can find this story. Also, on Subchat you mentioned that it's in the Nassau County early edition, yet for some reason its not in the Queens edition, nor is it on any known city edition. If you can provide concrete evidence I will immediately apologize, but until then......

SHENS!!!!!

I'm calling shens on this. You made this post on Subchat (http://www.subchat.com/read.asp?Id=912515) and you didn't provide any proof there either. There's so far no news about this change and no one can find this story. Also, on Subchat you mentioned that it's in the Nassau County early edition, yet for some reason its not in the Queens edition, nor is it on any known city edition. If you can provide concrete evidence I will immediately apologize, but until then......

SHENS!!!!!

I'm not Bob Andersen (I'm Arabic with an Arabic muslim sounding name) and I read it in the Queens Edition I purchased at the Alex Deli on Steinway Street.

Who gives a sheet if its (M),(V) or a letter we never heard of before! As long as its service were getting its fine,people need to stop fussing over a letter,they act like there knocking down the myrtle ave el! Sheesh!

Thank you! IAWTP! Who gives a damn if it's the (M), (V), (H), or (U)????? If it was the (A), I'd understand (Duke Ellington's song). However, Take the (M) Train was not written yet.

well, its the Post and, I quote "Sources say transit officials decided..."

makes me doubt this. Unless those "sources" are MTA, i wouldnt claim it as deffinate. Now the DN or the Times or even a TV news report would have me beleive this.

Its gonna cost

the MTA more money to do this for what? to please people who are mad, not really cause the M is gonna be gone, but because whats really going is their one seat ride to lower manhattan? So, ok, make it an orange M and then what? have the same people mad cause yeah, they still have their M, but it STILL wont go to lower manhattan. If its true, i expect, and hope for the lettering to be voted down.

Who gives a sheet if its (M),(V) or a letter we never heard of before! As long as its service were getting its fine,people need to stop fussing over a letter,they act like there knocking down the myrtle ave el! Sheesh!

Who shat in this guy's corn flakes? Last time I checked people are allowed their opinions.

well, its the Post and, I quote "Sources say transit officials decided..."

makes me doubt this. Unless those "sources" are MTA, i wouldnt claim it as deffinate. Now the DN or the Times or even a TV news report would have me beleive this.

Its gonna cost

the MTA more money to do this for what? to please people who are mad, not really cause the M is gonna be gone, but because whats really going is their one seat ride to lower manhattan? So, ok, make it an orange M and then what? have the same people mad cause yeah, they still have their M, but it STILL wont go to lower manhattan. If its true, i expect, and hope for the lettering to be voted down.

Agreed. The Post is not the most realible source for news in NYC either.. I trust the DN, NY1, CBS/Ch.2 or most of the other NYC tv stations much more for breaking (MTA) news than the Post.

Archived