The New M Train

Q101viaSteinway

• Replies 657
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The Line will be 100% R160's anyway, Its easy, just add it, R160's have LED's not Rollsigns.

Its easy just add it?? it costs money to "just add it"

then you have ALL of the signage on stations, in stations, around stations, on train's strip maps....

and it still costs money to reprogram the NTT equipment you know. and with the proposed (V) service already programmed, why spend the $$

theyre gunna have to reprogram it anyway, take (M) off all the "transfer is available" recordings during rush hours on the other routes that use 160s in Brooklyn, not to mention the 142s and 143s.

Also they can still run 32s on it, the front sign is digital and they'll just use the brown (M) like what they did in the 90s with (Q) and (Q6) on the side signs.

I for one am happy the M will remain, since I never was a fan of the V

Its easy just add it?? it costs money to "just add it"

then you have ALL of the signage on stations, in stations, around stations, on train's strip maps....

and it still costs money to reprogram the NTT equipment you know. and with the proposed (V) service already programmed, why spend the $$

True, But it doesn't cost that much just to add it, all you have to do is overwrite the (V) to Met program, Its simple steps, But If this is going to happen by the end of june then they should just leave it the way it is.

theyre gunna have to reprogram it anyway, take (M) off all the "transfer is available" recordings during rush hours on the other routes that use 160s in Brooklyn, not to mention the 142s and 143s.

Also they can still run 32s on it, the front sign is digital and they'll just use the brown (M) like what they did in the 90s with (Q) and (Q6) on the side signs.

I for one am happy the M will remain, since I never was a fan of the V

Yeah, They are not going to use R32's, Option order R160A-1's would be full the gap.

wow the (V) being taken over?? Geez, thats a WASTE!

May as well make a Rainbow (M)...

But what ever, i need proof from the t/a before i conclude. Media Loves to spread roamers sometimes..

Besides, why change the sign if its SPENDING $$$$...???

Or the (J)(Z)

Mostlikely the (:o, The (R) might get R160's, The (F) needs 3-4 more R160's to be 100% R160's and they will have 6 trainsets left.

It would be smart to give those 26 R32's to CI, Jamaica is not going to need them no more unless they give CI More R160's, Time will tell, Lets just wait and see what happens.

Mostlikely the (:o, The (R) might get R160's, The (F) needs 3-4 more R160's to be 100% R160's and they will have 6 trainsets left.

It would be smart to give those 26 R32's to CI, Jamaica is not going to need them no more unless they give CI More R160's, Time will tell, Lets just wait and see what happens.

yo man, i dont know where you get your information from, but most of the time your information is inaccurate and pure foam and exaggerated speculation. the (F) only now runs 1 to 2 sets of R46's while majority of the line is saturated with R160's. t

The R32's will stay at jamaica until retirement or possibly run on the (V) when its extended. also, CI doesnt need anymore trains, whoever keeps saying CI is short trains is full of bullcrap, other wise the (E) would of never gotten the 8713-8722 trainset. and this crap with an orange (M) is NOT going to happen! im pretty sure when i attend the (MTA) meeting they will shoot down that option of an orange (M) because the system is trying to save money and the system KNOWS passengers WILL adapt to new service REGUARDLESS of a Letter. please do most of us a favor and this goes for EVERYONE ON HERE, if youre not a tss, t/o, or dispatch supervisor, or any (MTA) employee, do not insist upon the (MTA) system. its cool to fantisize,but not spread gossip and rumors. at the end of this month the (MTA) will have meetings discussing service cuts and finalizing deals, so sit and be patient. btw R32 3838, whats new with QB? you said last week QB was getting a "change" or some sort... what happened? NOTHING.:mad:

Would u plz provide some source for this, becuz who knows if all of this is true... And even if a t/o or crew were to tell you this, it could be wrong.

Not saying your wrong for anything but a source would be nice!

Who gives a sheet if its (M),(V) or a letter we never heard of before! As long as its service were getting its fine,people need to stop fussing over a letter,they act like there knocking down the myrtle ave el! Sheesh!

That's the thing ... residents are under the impression that ANY and ALL service between Bway/Myrtle and MET is being discontinued with no replacement. I know a number of people from the area who believe this despite telling them about the (V). I believe it might be due to local politicians presenting it that way in order to create outrage from the community. The same was done in Astoria where no one mentioned that the Q would replace the W if it was cut. Keeping the "M" designation (if true) may actually solve the problem since the residents seem to be fooled easily.

WTF is the point of this waste of money (reprogramming and making the new bullet stickers)

They'll have to be reprogrammed anyway to reflect the new transfer information. Even the (G) is not programmed to 9 St on (M) .. nor is the (1) at Whitehall St for the (N)/(W) trains. The only nuisance would be that only R-160s could run on the line since R-32/42s obviously don't have this symbol. I suppose those sets could easily be used on the (J) instead. They also don't have Metropolitan Av as a South Destination.

Would u plz provide some source for this, becuz who knows if all of this is true... And even if a t/o or crew were to tell you this, it could be wrong.

I'm with you on this one.

That's the thing ... residents are under the impression that ANY and ALL service between Bway/Myrtle and MET is being discontinued with no replacement. I know a number of people from the area who believe this despite telling them about the (V). I believe it might be due to local politicians presenting it that way in order to create outrage from the community. The same was done in Astoria where no one mentioned that the Q would replace the W if it was cut. Keeping the "M" designation (if true) may actually solve the problem since the residents seem to be fooled easily.

It's a shame some people are so ignorant that they need things spelt out for them. Though personally I don't mind an orange M. But now they'll need to spend extra money to cover up the V bullet on every station with an orange M rather than to just replace the M in Brooklyn with the V - could have saved the hassle. Signs of course will need to be changed, but now they need to worry about the bullets as well :sigh:

But as I have speculated before: more or less I would expect the entire V/orange M line to run mainly R160s and just send the R32s to the J till the R160A option orders arrive.

It's a shame some people are so ignorant that they need things spelt out for them. Though personally I don't mind an orange M. But now they'll need to spend extra money to cover up the V bullet on every station with an orange M rather than to just replace the M in Brooklyn with the V - could have saved the hassle. Signs of course will need to be changed, but now they need to worry about the bullets as well :sigh:

But as I have speculated before: more or less I would expect the entire V/orange M line to run mainly R160s and just send the R32s to the J till the R160A option orders arrive.

They could be even cheaper: tape two white lines to both sides of the letter V and it becomes an M.

It's a shame some people are so ignorant that they need things spelt out for them. Though personally I don't mind an orange M. But now they'll need to spend extra money to cover up the V bullet on every station with an orange M rather than to just replace the M in Brooklyn with the V - saving the hassle. Signs of course will need to be changed, but now they need to worry about the bullets as well :sigh:

The thing is, the (MTA) did spell it out for them. They had that information available on their site and to those looking for it for a while now. And if read, even glanced over, one could understand what was going to happen. Politics can be so twisted sometimes.

I'm with you on this one.

Things fall under a "subject to change" stance...none of this is going to be printed out in the news "R42s going to Coney Island" or anything like that, so how much more of a source is needed?

Just know who's talking out of their rear end and who isn't...those who are, don't follow them.

Things fall under a "subject to change" stance...none of this is going to be printed out in the news "R42s going to Coney Island" or anything like that, so how much more of a source is needed?

Just know who's talking out of their rear end and who isn't...those who are, don't follow them.

Of course, but the person shouldnt post like its going to happen. The last few posts the OP posted a while back said that certain things were going to happen when they never did.

Of course, but the person shouldnt post like its going to happen. The last few posts the OP posted a while back said that certain things were going to happen when they never did.

Again, thing that are gong to happen can and do change all the time. Nothing is ever set in stone, ever.

I see what you mean. This is why I'm very skeptic of the (M)/(V) combo, this is the one thing I'd rather take a wait and see stance.

Remember that topic about the R44s going to the (C)? It was 100% false. Only becuz the OP said that a crew said its gonna swape with the (A), and they were wrong.

Only certain people in the t/a knows. The high people mainly, not just any crew.

Archived