The New M Train

Q101viaSteinway

Does anyone know if the R160's on the (M) have the new progam for the new route yet? I mean there's only 27 days left ( give or take) for the new line to go into effect! ( ihonestly can't wait)

They actually don't.

• Replies 657
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well if this (M) happens the MTA NEEDS TO START PUTTING UP POSTERS NOW!!! Serisouly it needs to state that starting so and so(date) the (V) will be discontinued and the (M) will make stops via 6 Av Local,via 53 St and Queens Blvd Local to 71 Av.I have a feeling people will still be waiting for the (V).

Well if this (M) happens the MTA NEEDS TO START PUTTING UP POSTERS NOW!!! Serisouly it needs to state that starting so and so(date) the (V) will be discontinued and the (M) will make stops via 6 Av Local,via 53 St and Queens Blvd Local to 71 Av.I have a feeling people will still be waiting for the (V).

1. Aren't there already posters about all of this stuff?

2. If these posters exist, and they are ignored, too bad for the passengers.

So when thisgoes into effect itsgoing to be;

"this is a Queens bound (M) train via the (V) line."?

At best, when it is in Manhattan, it would most likely say: "This is a Queens bound (M) local train, the next stop is (say stop here)..." It will most likely say via 53rd on the rollsigns, but I don't think it would be announced per se.

1. Aren't there already posters about all of this stuff?

2. If these posters exist, and they are ignored, too bad for the passengers.

Nope they don't exist. Not even one mention of the (M), but I think New Yorkers know at least something about it if they read the news.

Wirelessly posted via (Mozilla/5.0 (Danger hiptop 4.6; U; rv:1.7.12) Gecko/20050920)

Do you think the MTA will prgram automated announcements on the (M) and R160 (V)'s to let riders know of the upcoming change the same way they notify the 6 riders thru automated announcements about the closed stations?

Nope they at best will only put up service advisory posters on the change.

Well when I got off the J this morning to head out to work I noticed they started putting up the orange M signs completely on Flushing Avenue idk about the rest of the stations but I would assume they are in the process of doing so.

There are some (M) signs at Myrtle-Wyckoff (you can go over to page 2 of the "Is the Chrystie Street Cut Work Done Yet?" thread to see pics) and at Fresh Pond Road. They haven't completely replaced the (M2)s yet but I imagine it's just a matter of days. I know there are people who think this change will be delayed but it seems to be proceeding apace.

At Fulton Street, Wall St, and Borough Hall on the (4)(5) lines today, I noticed new posters today: One said (I don't remember the exact wording) 'No (V) --> Use (M) Instead' and 'No (W) ---> Use (N)(Q)(R) Instead' They had the mini-map service guides and everything (like the ones used during G.O.s)

At Fulton Street, Wall St, and Borough Hall on the (4)(5) lines today, I noticed new posters today: One said (I don't remember the exact wording) 'No (V) --> Use (M) Instead' and 'No (W) ---> Use (N)(Q)(R) Instead' They had the mini-map service guides and everything (like the ones used during G.O.s)

I saw the same thing today, just thirty minutes ago, at the Ditmars Blvd station.

Archived