The New M Train

Q101viaSteinway

• Replies 657
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Charles

Ah the (V)s days are limited...I seriously think (and still do) the (V) has/had potential to be extended or whatever to make it into a route with much more ridership than it currently has.

That said, in the (V)'s defense, I would like to say that the (V) was able to successfully do its job. Upon entering high school, I have taken the same (V) out of Continental Av every morning for four years. The (V) was essentially created to ease crowding on the (E) and (F) and provide QB local riders with direct access to 53 Street. Stations like Lexington and 5th Avenue didn't suffer from the massive crowds like it did. While the (V) was no means consistently packed like the express or its (R) counterpart, it still got its fair share of riders. The (V) is, in a way, the "ideal" rush hour train: It gets enough ridership during rush hours but at the same time it's not packed to a sardine can to make you feel claustrophobic. While the (V) had its haters, (see the 53 St/63 St debacle, etc), the bottom line is, the (V) was efficient, useful, and it served the residents of Queens Blvd and 6 Avenue well.

We'll miss ya (V)

See ya in hea(V)en :P

Ah the (V)s days are limited...I seriously think (and still do) the (V) has/had potential to be extended or whatever to make it into a route with much more ridership than it currently has.

That said, in the (V)'s defense, I would like to say that the (V) was able to successfully do its job. Upon entering high school, I have taken the same (V) out of Continental Av every morning for four years. The (V) was essentially created to ease crowding on the (E) and (F) and provide QB local riders with direct access to 53 Street. Stations like Lexington and 5th Avenue didn't suffer from the massive crowds like it did. While the (V) was no means consistently packed like the express or its (R) counterpart, it still got its fair share of riders. The (V) is, in a way, the "ideal" rush hour train: It gets enough ridership during rush hours but at the same time it's not packed to a sardine can to make you feel claustrophobic. While the (V) had its haters, (see the 53 St/63 St debacle, etc), the bottom line is, the (V) was efficient, useful, and it served the residents of Queens Blvd and 6 Avenue well.

We'll miss ya (V)

Agreed 100% and excellent post.

We'll miss ya (V)

You are wrong V train is useless line :mad:

whoa,why was there a riot? and why was a 5-0 called?

80+ people in 1 car.....

DSCF2990.jpg

DSCF3011.jpg

Wirelessly posted via (Mozilla/5.0 (Danger hiptop 4.6; U; rv:1.7.12) Gecko/20050920)

What car was you in?

I was in car 4, but I saw the riot in car 10 at 23-Ely :P

Wirelessly posted via (Mozilla/5.0 (Danger hiptop 4.6; U; rv:1.7.12) Gecko/20050920)

Sounds like a really fun time.... Was there a fat kid who refused to get off the last train or did he not ride because it was an R1shitty?

There was people complaining when they found out it was a R160. Me & Anthony (R110B) just laughed at everyone cuz of it

There was people complaining when they found out it was a R160. Me & Anthony (R110B) just laughed at everyone cuz of it

Somehow I knew it would be an R160

Archived