The New M Train

Q101viaSteinway

• Replies 657
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Sources in OP say Orange M.

Well, the program does say (V). However, the program went back for a re-write to iron out some problems with AM put-ins out of Continental; they've rewritten a few put-ins to come out of 179.

Edit: It will indeed be an orange M. I'm assuming the next program will reflect the change.

yo man, i dont know where you get your information from, but most of the time your information is inaccurate and pure foam and exaggerated speculation. the (F) only now runs 1 to 2 sets of R46's while majority of the line is saturated with R160's. t

The R32's will stay at jamaica until retirement or possibly run on the (V) when its extended. also, CI doesnt need anymore trains, whoever keeps saying CI is short trains is full of bullcrap, other wise the (E) would of never gotten the 8713-8722 trainset. and this crap with an orange (M) is NOT going to happen! im pretty sure when i attend the (MTA) meeting they will shoot down that option of an orange (M) because the system is trying to save money and the system KNOWS passengers WILL adapt to new service REGUARDLESS of a Letter. please do most of us a favor and this goes for EVERYONE ON HERE, if youre not a tss, t/o, or dispatch supervisor, or any (MTA) employee, do not insist upon the (MTA) system. its cool to fantisize,but not spread gossip and rumors. at the end of this month the (MTA) will have meetings discussing service cuts and finalizing deals, so sit and be patient. btw R32 3838, whats new with QB? you said last week QB was getting a "change" or some sort... what happened? NOTHING.:mad:

Wrong

A 5 page report was released earlier today about the service cuts which involves the (M)/(V) combo

http://mta.info/news/pdf/NYCT_Summary_of_Revisions.pdf

Bottom of Page 4 and all of Page 5.

Happy reading!

This is so stupid!!!!!!! The (MTA) actually listens to the geniuses who think that eliminating the (M) is a crime?

The South Brooklyn part is a crime if you ask me. In the AM, I always see packed (M) trains heading to Southern Brooklyn.

Whats wrong with this whole orange M plan is the fact that while the MTA cries broke talkin about all of this crap about job cuts, loss of student metrocards, they have no problem spending unnecessary money changing signs and programs because of what? People getting mad over a letter? A letter, which would probably confuse more people this way than just leaving it the V.

V to metro is already programed on the 160s

QB and 6th Ave stations only need to change the destination S/B

essex st and Brooklyn stops only have to change the letter (destination N/:)

Now:

Everything but "to Metro" in BK and "To forest hills" on QB stations has to be changed!

Retarted.

I believe the (MTA) should have at least made a public report to address all the outcries of eliminating the (M), outlining what would need to be done for the new (V) as opposed to the new (M). Many people only know what they see of the system; metrocards, trains, seats, route indicators, and turnstiles. So many aspects of the system are grossly under-appreciated, especially operating costs.

I had nothing to do so I just did this diagram Map and Art work that displays Orange (M) and here are the Results:

OrangeM.jpg

And The Map:

Mchanges.jpg

Im am going to do an R160 FIND display on the Orange (M) tonight and I will post it tommorrow.

isn't it funny Now 2001 and 2002 saw the Birth of the (V)&(W) Respectively and now Both of those letters will be Axed in 2010 sad makes me wonder will in 2030 the gonna Cut the(T)?

The only thing I'm not gonna like about the orange M is that its gonna cost more than the (V) going to Metropolitan Av

* (M) stations from Essex to Metropolitan and all (V) stations have to be changed

* All trains that make connections w/ the (V) has to change their announcements when announcing transfer

* Making new orange (M) bullets and for the LED in R160s

.... Am I missing anything

The only thing I'm not gonna like about the orange M is that its gonna cost more than the (V) going to Metropolitan Av

* (M) stations from Essex to Metropolitan and all (V) stations have to be changed

* All trains that make connections w/ the (V) has to change their announcements when announcing transfer

* Making new orange (M) bullets and for the LED in R160s

.... Am I missing anything

The R160s have already been programmed to reflect the service change. It wouldn't be too hard to program an orange (M) in addition to new announcements. All they have to do is send the R160s back to their yards, update the program, and then they're done. Did the R142 program update cost a lot of money? No.

You're overlooking the complete picture. This is going to save money as there will be less trains to run on both lines. Who cares if (MTA) prints out more signs? It don't really cost much to print out new stickers.

If the covering up of signs really affects you, then you must think that those station posters showing the platform gap and those weekend service advisories on the station maps must be wasting money as well.

With the (M) and (V) migration, other than possibly additional transfers, it doesn't actually eliminate any stops from the subway system right? Just shuffles around the lines and takes away some cars from service so there will be more overcrowding?

Looks like the new (M) will just be a loop from Brooklyn, back to Manhattan back to Queens.

If anything, it looks like its saving money while providing all R160 service on the (M). Just wondering if those lines will see more overcrowding.

The (V) will definitely see an increase in ridership but I really doubt it will suffer overcrowding. I mean anyone who lives in Forest Hills isn't going to bother with taking the (V) on that loop just go along the (J)(M) line stops in Brooklyn. It'd still be faster to bus it over from QB down to that area. Just like Middle Village people would sooner bus it to Forest Hills. This is basically just connecting Middle Village people to Midtown in general. I believe that that queens bound it will still pretty much remain the same.

The R160s have already been programmed to reflect the service change. It wouldn't be too hard to program an orange (M) in addition to new announcements. All they have to do is send the R160s back to their yards, update the program, and then they're done. Did the R142 program update cost a lot of money? No.

You're overlooking the complete picture. This is going to save money as there will be less trains to run on both lines. Who cares if (MTA) prints out more signs? It don't really cost much to print out new stickers.

If the covering up of signs really affects you, then you must think that those station posters showing the platform gap and those weekend service advisories on the station maps must be wasting money as well.

Other than that, I understand (MTA) is trying to save money and I'm that much against this move at all. As much as some exaggerated the changing of signs and etc. I thought it would cost another amount to change signs.

Archived