Hello everyone

Bushwick Bill

Hello everyone, I thought I introduce myself since I haven't. I'm Bill born and raised in the city of Brooklyn. I've spent my early years in Bushwick Brooklyn before moving to Ridgewood Queens and ending up back here in Brooklyn.

I found this site after doing some seaches on some transit material. This looks like a great site and a great community. I plan to stop by whenever I can and join in on the discussions.

Bill (NYCT)

Hello everyone, I thought I introduce myself since I haven't. I'm Bill born and raised in the city of Brooklyn. I've spent my early years in Bushwick Brooklyn before moving to Ridgewood Queens and ending up back here in Brooklyn.

I found this site after doing some seaches on some transit material. This looks like a great site and a great community. I plan to stop by whenever I can and join in on the discussions.

Bill (NYCT)

Yo my man say born and raised in the City Of New York, Borough of Brooklyn!!! We're all New Yorkers baby!!! Brooklyn Stand Up!!! Bushwick is nice too. I lived there before crossing Broadway to Bed-Stuy! ;) Welcome Aboard!

http://www.youtube.com/dmcr9525

Yo my man say born and raised in the City Of New York, Borough of Brooklyn!!! We're all New Yorkers baby!!! Brooklyn Stand Up!!! Bushwick is nice too. I lived there before crossing Broadway to Bed-Stuy! ;) Welcome Aboard!

http://www.youtube.com/dmcr9525

If I'm correct, Brooklyn would be the 4th or 5th most populous city in America. So props on Bill mentioning that. We are a city of our own. We are large and in charge!

If I'm correct, Brooklyn would be the 4th or 5th most populous city in America. So props on Bill mentioning that. We are a city of our own. We are large and in charge!

If Brooklyn were a city it would be like #4, #5 or #6 or something on the list, but its not a city, it's a Borough, therefore making New York City the most populous in the country. If New York City was Made up of only Manhattan, then NYC would be no where near the most populated city in the country. Mayor Bloomberg is Mayor to all 5 Boroughs. Oh, I got a lil history here, looks like i'm off with the would-be rank . It would be #3!

"New York City (pronounced /nʲuːˈjɔɹk/) (officially The City of New York) is the most populous city in the United States, with its metropolitan area ranking among the largest urban areas in the world. For more than a century, it has been one of the world's major centers of commerce and finance. New York City is rated as an alpha world city for its global influences in media, politics, education, entertainment and fashion. New York City comprises five boroughs, each of which is coextensive with a county: The Bronx, Brooklyn, Manhattan, Queens and Staten Island. With over 8.2 million residents within an area of 322 square miles (830 km²), New York City is the most densely populated major city in the United States. Brooklyn (named after the Dutch town Breukelen) is one of the five boroughs of New York City. An independent city until its consolidation into New York in 1898, Brooklyn is New York City's most populous borough, with nearly 2.5 million residents. Brooklyn is coterminous with Kings County, which is the most populous county in New York State, and the second most densely populated county in the United States (after New York County, which is the borough of Manhattan). Though a part of New York City, Brooklyn maintains a character of its own, characterized by cultural diversity, an independent art scene, distinct neighborhoods, and a unique architectural heritage. If Brooklyn was an individual city in it's own right, it would me the 3th largest in the United States." This exerp is from a piece my professor is publishing call "The Capitol Of the World: a look at NYC"

I know the History of My City and Borough Baby! Brooklyn, NYC, NY 4 life!!! Now don't get me wrong, we are large and in charge!. I couldn't agree with you more! If we were a city, we would be the shit! CORRECTION: We are the shit! Home to Surface Transit Headquarters, the Supreme Court of NY, the 1776 Battle of long Island, and the proposed future home of the Brooklyn Nets! I could go on, but we know were King. Kings County that is!

Dude! We all know that Brooklyn is part of the five boroughs that make up New York City. It was a figure of speech. It's a figure of speech that I like to use sometimes myself. It's also called Brooklyn pride. I hope you can understand that. This is not a debate.

We didn't need a history lesson. It's all good bud.

Dude! We all know that Brooklyn is part of the five boroughs that make up New York City. It was a figure of speech. It's a figure of speech that I like to use sometimes myself. It's also called Brooklyn pride. I hope you can understand that. This is not a debate.

We didn't need a history lesson. It's all good bud.

It wasn't ment to be that serious, just a joke man! I'm still a big Kid. No debate, but there are lots (even BK residents) that really think BK is a city! Notice the big smiles in my first post? I was just being funny is all, and recently had a debate about it with a close friend of mine at work. I apologize if I sounded like an argumentative ass.

It wasn't ment to be that serious, just a joke man! I'm still a big Kid. No debate, but there are lots (even BK residents) that really think BK is a city! Notice the big smiles in my first post? I was just being funny is all, and recently had a debate about it with a close friend of mine at work. I apologize if I sounded like an argumentative ass.

In my almost 40 years living here I've never met anyone who really thought that Brooklyn was a city of its own. It is a city, but not an independent city but part of New York. This was a great way to introduce myself into this community:). You didn't sound like an argumentative ass.

Bill (NYCT)

In my almost 40 years living here I've never met anyone who really thought that Brooklyn was a city of its own. It is a city, but not an independent city but part of New York. This was a great way to introduce myself into this community:). You didn't sound like an argumentative ass.

Bill (NYCT)

Thanks Bill, I really felt bad about all that. I didn't meen to come off that way. I was just in a "Brooklyn's the Shit" kinda mood cause a friend of mine who is really slow, (LOL) thought that just Manhattan was the city. But anywho, this is a great site. You'll like it! So on a new page, Welcome to the Family!:rolleyes:

• 3 weeks later...

Archived