Fastest Way To Midtown....

Jashawn R.

On Wednesday, I'm getting my high school results. Most likely, I will be attending the Urban Assembly School for Design and Construction. I live in the Bronx, and I want to know the fastest way to W 50th Street and 10 Av during rush hour. So far, I think this is the fastest way to my school.

Bx41 Local to E 205th Street, then the (D) to 59th Street - Columbus Circle, then (C) to 50th Street.

I want to avoid the Lexington Avenue lines at all costs. Are there any faster ways to get to Midtown?

Thanks,

SubwayTrain

On Wednesday, I'm getting my high school results. Most likely, I will be attending the Urban Assembly School for Design and Construction. I live in the Bronx, and I want to know the fastest way to W 50th Street and 10 Av during rush hour. So far, I think this is the fastest way to my school.

Bx41 Local to E 205th Street, then the (D) to 59th Street - Columbus Circle, then (C) to 50th Street.

I want to avoid the Lexington Avenue lines at all costs. Are there any faster ways to get to Midtown?

Thanks,

SubwayTrain

If you're closer to WPR area - I would take the <5> express down to 3 AV transfer to the (2) which will more than likely be sitting on the local track at Jackson letting the <5> go in front, so it wont be a long wait at all....then take the (2) to 72 for (1) to 50th and use the free transfer and hop the M50 if ur using a PPR Metrocard ofcourse:tup:

The Reason i suggest this is these IRT lines dont get held up, as nearly as much as the (D)....the (D) is delayed by others the (:) then the (A) cutting infront of it plus CPW express is SOOOOO SLOW.....Not to mention the BX41 stops at every corner....by the time the BX41 gets you to the (D) the <5> will have you at 3 AV...and by the time your at 125th on the (D), the (1) will be dropping you off on 50th...

Again this is all if you're boarding the BX41 on WPR...If you're on Webester then go for the (D)

Well since you're going home and its not as much of a crunch to save time....Take the (D) since its closer....or if you want to relax, take the M50 back over to madison av and hop the BXM11 want to save the hassels of train transfering and a long local bus ride.

Well since you're going home and its not as much of a crunch to save time....Take the (D) since its closer....or if you want to relax, take the M50 back over to madison av and hop the BXM11 want to save the hassels of train transfering and a long local bus ride.

I don't think that I will be able to take the express bus, because hopefully, I'll be using a Student Metrocard.

You can use either the MTA trip planner or the google.com/transit website.

If they give you a Student MetroCard, which has 3 free trips, you have more options on getting home. You can save yourself the trouble of walking to the train by taking the M50 to 8th Avenue for the (C) and then transferring to the (D) to the Bx41. Also, you are allowed to get a 4-trip card if you have a 2 or more hour commute, which I don't think you have but it is worth asking.

If you're closer to WPR area - I would take the <5> express down to 3 AV transfer to the (2) which will more than likely be sitting on the local track at Jackson letting the <5> go in front, so it wont be a long wait at all....then take the (2) to 72 for (1) to 50th and use the free transfer and hop the M50 if ur using a PPR Metrocard ofcourse:tup:

The Reason i suggest this is these IRT lines dont get held up, as nearly as much as the (D)....the (D) is delayed by others the (:) then the (A) cutting infront of it plus CPW express is SOOOOO SLOW.....Not to mention the BX41 stops at every corner....by the time the BX41 gets you to the (D) the <5> will have you at 3 AV...and by the time your at 125th on the (D), the (1) will be dropping you off on 50th...

Again this is all if you're boarding the BX41 on WPR...If you're on Webester then go for the (D)

How do you know the (2) and (5) doesn't get held up during RH?

I don't think so bro, not a good idea at all, sorry.. Especially since the Lex gets congestion during the RH which causes back up on the WPR at times..

And how do i know? Im a daily WPR rider who lives next to the WPR...

Like Joe said, just take the (D). Plus the (D) goes Express along Concourse Line and just take to 59th for (C)...

(D) doesnt get a hold up since the (:P doesnt cross with the (D) it stays on the M track along Concourse and St. Nicholas Ave Lines then head str8 to the St. Nich Exp tracks via Concourse M track.. Of course if an (A) is in front then it can get held.. Or (A) gets held..

Besides what station are you close to anyways?

id check out a trip planner,

i went to that school a little while ago, what are you looking to go into after?

I don't think so bro, not a good idea at all, sorry.. Especially since the Lex gets congestion during the RH which causes back up on the WPR at times..

Like Joe said, just take the (D). Plus the (D) goes Express along Concourse Line and just take to 59th for (C)...

(D) doesnt get a hold up since the (:) doesnt cross with the (D) it stays on the M track along Concourse and St. Nicholas Ave Lines then head str8 to the St. Nich Exp tracks via Concourse M track.. Of course if an (A) is in front then it can get held.. Or (A) gets held..

To QB vs Marcy: I am going in for Architecture

To Mark: On the (2) and (5), I live right in between 233rd and 225th Street stations. On the (D), I am close to the 205th Street station.

To Mark: On the (2) and (5), I live right in between 233rd and 225th Street stations. On the (D), I am close to the 205th Street station.

You could also take the (2) to 72nd Street, transfer to the (1) and take that sucker to 50th Street and walk.

The sky's the limit buddy so feel free experimenting your favorite path to school...when I was in HS I had roughly five ways of getting to school:

• B25 from Utica Avenue/Fulton Street to Classon Avenue, then B48 to the BQE

• B46 from Fulton Street/Utica Avenue to Lorimer Street, then B48 to the BQE

• (A)/© from Utica Avenue to Hoyt - Schermerhorn Streets, then the (G) to Lorimer Street

• (A)/© from Utica Avenue to Broadway Junction, then (L) to Lorimer Street

• (A)/© from Utica Avenue to 14th Street in Manhattan, then (L) to Bedford Avenue

For some reason, the path I took the most was the last...why I don't know, even when I was going from one spot in Brooklyn to another spot in Brooklyn...via Manhattan! But it was fun.

You'll find many different ways to get from your house to school and back, and you'll find a path that you'll favor. Have fun and enjoy high school!

Well You can take ether WPR or Concourse, but I STRONGLY suggest you just take concourse instead

Via (D) Concourse (Including Saint Nicholas Avenue/Central Park West/8th Avenue Lines)

the stops your doing is:

205th Street, Bedford Pk, E Kingsbridge, E. Fordham Road, East Tremont Avenue, 145th Street, 125th Street, 59th followed by the (C) to 50th (Next)

Via (2)(5)<5> White Plains Road (Including IRT Lenox/Brodway Lines)

E233rd, E225th, E219, E Gun Hill Rd, Burke, Allerton, Pelham Pkway, Bronx Pk East, 180th/Morris Pk Ave..

With (5)<5> WPR Express after 180th would 149th Street/The Hub followed by the (2)

With (2) WPR Local after 180th is 177th/Tremont Ave, E174th, Freeman, Simpson, Intervale, Prospect, Jackson, 149th Street/The Hub, Mott Avenue/149th, 135th, 125th, 116th, 110th street, 96th, 72nd followed by the (1) to 50th Street

Yea I love the call by the old names for some :), im a classic lol

Anyways, Now notice the difference from the WPR and Concourse...

Even tho you gotta take a Bus to 205th street, but still, you save time from all the WPR stops then the Concourse.

I love the WPR, but sometimes it gets annoying thanks to the Lexington.. Which the congestion starts at Prospect Avenue on Westchester..

Plus the waiting at Jackson Avenue for (2) or (5) is another crap!

Well You can take ether WPR or Concourse, but I STRONGLY suggest you just take concourse instead

Via (D) Concourse the stops your doing is:

205th Street, Bedford Pk, E Kingsbridge, E. Fordham Road, East Tremont Avenue, 145th Street, 125th Street, 59th followed by the (C) to 50th (Next)

Via (2)(5) White Plains Road

E233rd, E225th, E219, E Gun Hill Rd, Burke, Allerton, Pelham Pkway, Bronx Pk East, 180th/Morris Pk Ave..

With (5) WPR Express after 180th would 149th Street/The Hub followed by the (2)

With (2) WPR Local after 180th is 177th/Tremont Ave, E174th, Freeman, Simpson, Intervale, Prospect, Jackson, 149th Street/The Hub, Mott Avenue/149th, 135th, 125th, 116th, 110th street, 96th, 72nd followed by the (1) to 50th Street

Yea I love the call by the old names for some :), im a classic lol

Even tho you gotta take a Bus to 205th street, but still, you save time from all the WPR stops then the Concourse.

I love the WPR, but sometimes it gets annoying thanks to the Lexington.. Which the congestion starts at Prospect Avenue on Westchester..

Not to mention that the (5) will be local in the Bronx in both directions starting next week so that path would be a PITA.

Not to mention that the (5) will be local in the Bronx in both directions starting next week so that path would be a PITA.

Ya thanks for reminding me

No WPR for a Year !! AYE!!

But acually there will be SOME WPR Express trains, which is like 1-2 sets during late Rush Hour, ive seen before..

And i gotta railfan my line too this week!

Ya thanks for reminding me

No WPR for a Year !! AYE!!

But acually there will be SOME WPR Express trains, which is like 1-2 sets during late Rush Hour, ive seen before..

And i gotta railfan my line too this week!

If I'm not doing anything this week I may do the WPR.

Also, son't some uptown 5 express trains run express to Gun Hill Road?

Via (D) Concourse (Including Saint Nicholas Avenue/Central Park West/8th Avenue Lines)

the stops your doing is:

Via (2)(5)<5> White Plains Road (Including IRT Lenox/Brodway Lines)

With (5)<5> WPR Express after 180th would 149th Street/The Hub followed by the (2)

Yea I love the call by the old names for some ;), im a classic lol

Plus the waiting at Jackson Avenue for (2) or (5) is another crap!

Thanks! I will defiantly will be taking the Concourse...

You could also take the (2) to 72nd Street, transfer to the (1) and take that sucker to 50th Street and walk.

The sky's the limit buddy so feel free experimenting your favorite path to school...when I was in HS I had roughly five ways of getting to school:

• B25 from Utica Avenue/Fulton Street to Classon Avenue, then B48 to the BQE

• B46 from Fulton Street/Utica Avenue to Lorimer Street, then B48 to the BQE

• (A)/© from Utica Avenue to Hoyt - Schermerhorn Streets, then the (G) to Lorimer Street

• (A)/© from Utica Avenue to Broadway Junction, then (L) to Lorimer Street

• (A)/© from Utica Avenue to 14th Street in Manhattan, then (L) to Bedford Avenue

For some reason, the path I took the most was the last...why I don't know, even when I was going from one spot in Brooklyn to another spot in Brooklyn...via Manhattan! But it was fun.

You'll find many different ways to get from your house to school and back, and you'll find a path that you'll favor. Have fun and enjoy high school!

Thanks Irg!!! For the first week, I'm gonna take a different route to and from school. I think I'm gonna have lots of fun in the fall!!!

If I'm not doing anything this week I may do the WPR.

Also, son't some uptown 5 express trains run express to Gun Hill Road?

Yes but thats some 238th Bound trains, which ive caught before and the end there..

I believe it does the express run cuz of the 180th/Union port rd yard renovation.. I think thats what trainmaster<5> said, but i think it does it to have direct access to 239th

I may do the WPR on thur with a ride video. Tomo no time, got some Rockways to chill with:cool:

@Subwaytrain, no problem.

(D) doesnt get a hold up since the (;) doesnt cross with the (D) it stays on the M track along Concourse and St. Nicholas Ave Lines then head str8 to the St. Nich Exp tracks via Concourse M track.. Of course if an (A) is in front then it can get held.. Or (A) gets held..

How do I know, I know because I am a frequent rider of the WPR lines myself, my parents live in Mt Vernon where I visit and stay night quite often......

But since i forgot about the <5> being cancelled for the summer then taking the (D) would be faster....but if it was regular service, and the OP lives on WPR...NO WAY IN HELL WOULD TAKING THAT LONG SLOW A** BX41 to the (D) be a time saver over the <5> to the (2) to the (1) that pure mis-information right there buddy. <5> would have him at 3 AV before the BX41 even got him to the (D)

I WAS JUST OUTLINING THE OP's OPTIONS, DONT TAKE IT SO PERSONAL.....GOD-DAMN!

Geez man chill out................, i wasn't poking you i was just explain. Sorry if you thought wrong.

Yes the (5) would be fast but the train is still slow after Jackson avenue, Plus the (2) going Local to 96th wastes a bit more time. And sometimes the (2) gets stuck near the 142nd street junction cuz the (3) is coming in.

How do I know, I know because I am a frequent rider of the WPR lines myself, my parents live in Mt Vernon where I visit and stay night quite often......

But since i forgot about the <5> being cancelled for the summer then taking the (D) would be faster....but if it was regular service, and the OP lives on WPR...NO WAY IN HELL WOULD TAKING THAT LONG SLOW A** BX41 to the (D) be a time saver over the <5> to the (2) to the (1) that pure mis-information right there buddy. <5> would have him at 3 AV before the BX41 even got him to the (D)

I WAS JUST OUTLINING THE OP's OPTIONS, DONT TAKE IT SO PERSONAL.....GOD-DAMN!

Archived