Homeless Unfortunately Get A Little Larger In Each Borough

EE Broadway Local

You can blame the mega national recession as well along w/ the high costs of living in NYC for the raise in the homeless population.

Gather them all up and make them New Jersey's problem. Freight cars will help. A nice ride from Jamaica Center to Penn Station and then onto NJT tracks ;)

Speaking of trains, there are homeless who choose to live under bridges along the freight line tracks. Those people are hard to count of course. They build their own shacks. I guess it's safer for them instead of living in shelters.

Locomotion while you make a good point about some people who 'choose to be homeless' imo almost all of those folks are either mentally ill or have drinking/illegal drugs problems. No right thinking person wants to be homeless.

Speaking of trains, there are homeless who choose to live under bridges along the freight line tracks. Those people are hard to count of course. They build their own shacks. I guess it's safer for them instead of living in shelters.

That reminds me about one of the times I when to Philly, on the Benjamin Franklin Bridge. I was leaving Camdem, and to my right there's almost like a village of homeless people. You could see the tents and homes.

Hey the 30's had Hoovervilles today you got homeless in tents tunnels and under bridges. It is what it is. We're in a recession, it's to be expected, like it or not.

Named after arguably in the view of many historians the worst or 2nd worst President of the 20th Century (along w/ Jimmy Carter)Herbret Hoover.

I know our regular LittleBluefoxie may disagree on Hoover but just listing the public view of him.:(

Named after arguably in the view of many historians the worst or 2nd worst President of the 20th Century (along w/ Jimmy Carter)Herbret Hoover.

I know our regular LittleBluefoxie may disagree on Hoover but just listing the public view of him.B)

well you admitted that Carter sucked, so Ill call it even :(

Locomotion while you make a good point about some people who 'choose to be homeless' imo almost all of those folks are either mentally ill or have drinking/illegal drugs problems. No right thinking person wants to be homeless.

I never said they choose to be homeless, I was saying were they choose to seek shelter. There is a difference there isn't it? What about Tompkins Square Park in the late 1980's? encampments of homeless throughout the park, mostly druggies.

just came back from coney island...saw a slew of homeless people walking along surf av (heading westward)... 4 of them were pulling shopping carts filled w/ cans & bottles... one guy was digging in the city trash can...

also, there was one dude sleeping under the tracks on neptune & stillwell (right by the B68 stop)...

looks like they're becoming more prevalent in coney island.... sad sight man, but what can ya do....

didn't Guliani have a plan to get rid of all the homeless people? I remember he cleaned up a lot of high crime areas during his tenure as mayor. Too bad he cant run again now that the 2 term limit rule is gone.

Giuliani did some good and some bad during his time. It is largely because of him that the cost of living has skyrocketed and small businesses have difficulty succeeding in NYC. Gentrification is not the "100% good" that politicians will have you believe it is, spoken as a city resident my entire life.

didn't Guliani have a plan to get rid of all the homeless people? I remember he cleaned up a lot of high crime areas during his tenure as mayor. Too bad he cant run again now that the 2 term limit rule is gone.

lol at the 2 term limit..you should ask Bloomberg what he think about the term limit.

Archived