Mike Tyson Ruffles PETA Feathers With Pigeon Show

BJC

When I was a kid growing up in Brooklyn, pigeon racing was probably in its prime. There was a coop on almost every block in my neighborhood (Park Slope) and my first job was actually working in a pigeon supply shop on 6th ave.

Ten bucks a week and I had to use an ice breaker to scrape the poop out of the coops inside the store 3 times a week.

The store was only open nights from like 7-11 and weekends because the owners had other jobs. Many guys that race used to come in to buy and sell

pigeons and buy our feed which we picked up in Hoboken NJ

The real serious guys used to race their birds, racing birds were called homers

and these guys used to treat their birds better then their kids.

They would spend hours training their birds, taking them to various locations like the VZ bridge and JFK then places in NewJersey. They would release the

bird at a prearranged time then track how long the bird would take to get home.

The money that was bet on these birds was incredible, the big race was either the sunday before or after Thanksgiving, a truck would take a couple of hundred birds on Saturday afternoon to Washington DC. Then the cages were open at 6 am Sunday morning and the guy whose bird got back first

won a couple of thousand bucks. It would usually take the winner between 4 and 5 hours to get back depending on conditions.

I remember reading about Mike Tyson's affinity for pigeons when he was with Cus D'Amato training in the Catskills. I'm sure this show will present another side of Mike that most don't know about.

I remember reading that he nearly killed a guy with a punch because he hurt a birs back in East New York

• 2 weeks later...
He went from biting off someone's ear to caring for pigeons...this I gotta see

I hear Ozzy Osbourne is making a special guest appearance this season now that he's switched from bats to birds

i love how PETA thinks that using animals for their intended purposes is "unethical" and "inhumane" and w/e.

So what are we supposed to use animals for ???

PETA kills trees to print the paper that it distributes its propaganda on. I hope they realize that they're destroying the homes of woods' creatures like squirrels, birds, chipmunks, sloths, raccoons and whatever else might dwell in a tree. But none of that matters because they're too busy forwarding their own self-righteous cause.

We should organize boxing night at MSG and pit PETA against the tree hugger groups. Of course, Amnesty International would shut that right the hell down.

It's a good thing that PETA wasn't around when Noah built the Ark for the 40 days and nights of flooding, or he would have gone under with PETA challenging him on the "two of every animal" clause.

F**K PETA and the horse they rode in on! Oh wait, that must be unethical too.

No, because the PETA-ers would more than likely let the horse ride in on them.

Are all of the pigeons accounted for and okay?

No. Apparently several have gone missing. Two - a father and his son - now have time-progressed images printed on circular mailings, and another pigeon has her picture on a "Have you seen me?" notice on the side of a bird feeder. Another apparently found a surgeon and after several operations, is now known as Miley Cyrus.

BTW: Mike Tyson's life has completely gone downhill. I know the guy is one broke-ass cat, but his attempts at making a buck are weaker than a shot of whiskey in a barrel of soda. Just pack it in and head for the hills, Old Man. ;)

BTW: Mike Tyson's life has completely gone downhill. I know the guy is one broke-ass cat, but his attempts at making a buck are weaker than a shot of whiskey in a barrel of soda. Just pack it in and head for the hills, Old Man. ;)

It's really important to understand that the Mike Tyson of today is not the monster we all knew from fifteen years ago.

It's really important to understand that the Mike Tyson of today is not the monster we all knew from fifteen years ago.

I think he was better off 25 years ago than he is now. He may have been getting in trouble in the ring, but these days he can't even afford a ticket to the match. Prime example of how Don King has ruined boxing.

:tdown: Kid Dynamite has become Señor Sparkler. :tdown:

No. Apparently several have gone missing. Two - a father and his son - now have time-progressed images printed on circular mailings, and another pigeon has her picture on a "Have you seen me?" notice on the side of a bird feeder. Another apparently found a surgeon and after several operations, is now known as Miley Cyrus.

O_O ROTFLMFAO!!!!!!!

O_O ROTFLMFAO!!!!!!!

Thanks for the props.

I was in a hurry on the train when I posted that, and I actually messed it up.

As a follow-up, the location of the two missing pigeons has been verified. PETA attempted to organize a sit-down apology between Mike Tyson and his two victims. Only one attended, and here is the post-meeting picture:

miley-cyrus-with-friend.jpg

(Special thanks go to iwatchstuff.com and Anticlown Media for the use of this picture).

The other pigeon has apparently decided to avenge the death of Cyrus and Luther by leading a manhunt for the first-in-command of the Warriors, Swan. The name of the upstart gang has been confirmed to be the Chicken Hawks. A reward is offered to anyone with information leading to the apprehension of this bird, and he should be considered armed and dangerous at all times. Here is picture from his NYPD file:

6a00c225290de28e1d00c2252b4905549d-320pi.jpg

(Special thanks go to Il Principe at pinione.blogspot.com for this image).

Archived