What are some things that you think the MTA waste their money on?

TrainFanatic

As the title asks, what are some of the things that you think the (MTA)waste their money on?

In my opinion, I think it was a waste of money for the (MTA) to implement the illuminated circles and diamonds on the R62A destination signs, as shown here:

7_train_red_diamond_express_lcd.JPG

Photo source: Wikipedia

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

New South Ferry,

CBTC on the (L),

the redundant layers of management,

those train count down clocks,

reefing alot of the SMEE cars when the R44s had the real problems,

the use of contractors for many projects,

the Archer Ave extension,

(7) train extension,

fighting binding arbitration

and many others things.

-(7) expansion to the Javits Ctr

-Moving the switches from 61 St-Woodside to 74 St-Bway on the (7)

-Select Bus Service

-The new entrance to the Atlantic Terminal

-Reefing the R32-R42 before all the R160's came in

-The X25, X32, & X90

-Rebuilding part of the middle platform at Columbus Circle (if you go there, you'll see it)

-the circle & diamond thing on the (7)<7>. The 'EXP' & 'LCL' thing worked perfectly fine

New South Ferry, The old one was an NYC disgrace.

CBTC on the (L), agreed

the redundant layers of management, 900% agreed

those train count down clocks, useful for tourists

reefing alot of the SMEE cars when the R44s had the real problems, agreed

the use of contractors for many projects, agreed

the Archer Ave extension, It was done badly, so agreed

(7) train extension, agreed

fighting binding arbitration agreed

and many others things.

-(7) expansion to the Javits Ctr agreed

-Moving the switches from 61 St-Woodside to 74 St-Bway on the (7)Doesn't 61 Street still have the switches it had before?

-Select Bus Service not executed well, so agreed

-The new entrance to the Atlantic Terminal IDK about this one.

-Reefing the R32-R42 before all the R160's came inagreed.

-The X25, X32, & X90 X25-agreed, X32-useful for the kids, X90 is used a lot, so disagreed.

-Rebuilding part of the middle platform at Columbus Circle (if you go there, you'll see it) agreed

-the circle & diamond thing on the (7)<7>. The 'EXP' & 'LCL' thing worked perfectly fine But it was never reset!!!:mad:

New South Ferry,

CBTC on the (L),

the redundant layers of management,

those train count down clocks,

reefing alot of the SMEE cars when the R44s had the real problems,

the use of contractors for many projects,

the Archer Ave extension,

(7) train extension,

fighting binding arbitration

and many others things.

Nice list :tup:

The new emergency exits in the stations was a big mistake in my opinion.

I disagree with the CBTC (L) b\c the (L) runs better & faster b\c of that and it fits perfectly*my opinion*.

And I also disagree on the new switches at 74-Broadway that was smart b\c that's a popular stop at least you can catch a (7),<7> there instead of the (7).Its a major station so why not let it be an exp stop.

I disagree with the CBTC (L) b\c the (L) runs better & faster b\c of that and it fits perfectly*my opinion*.

And I also disagree on the new switches at 74-Broadway that was smart b\c that's a popular stop at least you can catch a (7),<7> there instead of the (7).Its a major station so why not let it be an exp stop.

And the new M15 + Select I want only the original the BX12+Select Service.Maybe the BX1,2,41,55 would be nice but I rather it be one Select Service that was a great decision.

CBTC is a cost which would need to be spent anyway. The signals are being replaced either way. CBTC is simply a different type of replacement than we are used to.

South Ferry was certainly a major waste. Fulton Transit Center is even more of one.

Considering that along with ATO was "supposed" to cut crazy jobs..

Looks like that didnt work out like Kalikow and the rest of his lackeys planned now another idiot is in charge looking to do the same thing..

Maybe they was bunk buddies in prep school...

FYI those count down clocks cost 20grand a piece. the new southferry is falling apart fast and will probably cost another 100million to fix. the continued outsourcing of in house work to private contractors.

I had to higlight that because thats something that our boy Jay has never, ever talked about, he knows where his place is...

Kalikow wasn't the greatest to say the least (Although compared to the idiot Roberts, he was absolutely brilliant). Walder is much much brighter than either Kalikow or Roberts was. We are in a much better place as a result of the recent management changes. Although, when it comes to funding, we are still f**ked.

the Count Down clocks sounds like something the Queens Blvd crybabies would ask for....they are 20 grand sacks of shit, as is SBS...they loose more money than they take in running that service so I say...just bring the limited Bx12 back.

LMFAO I gotta agree with u that MTA does lose a lot of money than they take in b\c after my ride on the (A) from Euclid to Inwood everyday no1 checks the tickets btwn my ride of Inwood to Fordham/Concourse even my friend rides past that stop and they still don't chk the tickets.I'm sure people noticed and get over.But I like the Select b\c of that*lol*but I still get the ticket

With what money?

Kalikow wasn't the greatest to say the least (Although compared to the idiot Roberts, he was absolutely brilliant). Walder is much much brighter than either Kalikow or Roberts was. We are in a much better place as a result of the recent management changes. Although, when it comes to funding, we are still f**ked.

Thank Pataki and his lackeys for the funding issues...

1. CBTC on the (L) and (7)
  2. The (7) extension
  3. The new South Ferry station,the old one was just fine.
  4. Those Countdown Clocks, I actually seen a person jump the turnstyle at E.143 when it was added.
  5. 59th st. renovation, old station was fine.
  6. The NG order, would have been much better to order from NovaBUS or make a split
  7. Scrapping the R32s, when the R44s far more serious problems other than MDBF.

CBTC is a cost which would need to be spent anyway. The signals are being replaced either way. CBTC is simply a different type of replacement than we are used to.

What about all the extra space that needed to be obtained in certain locations to fit CBTC equipment? That certainly was an added cost, looking at things your way.

1. The new South Ferry station,the old one was just fine.

As someone who lives down here I actually prefer the new SF station to the old one. The (R)(W)(1) are so damn close they actually should have been connected either at Rector St or SF. Plus I don't have to listen to the train screeching when it comes in and leaves now that the station isn't on a sharp curve. So I really don't think the old one was just fine.

Archived