Term Limits?

NX Express

What do you think about the idea of term limits and how it is executed in this country?

I think that the idea of "only 2 terms" should be changed to "only two CONSECUTIVE terms". This would prevent an incumbent from hogging the office, while allowing good leaders to be reelected more than once.

Let's keep this thread civil and not get into a I-Hate-Bloomturd discussion.

2 terms and that's it for anyone in any position in government anywhere. After that move the hell on. Wouldn't want anyone getting too comfortable in their shoes on the taxpayer dime...

But what if someone is ACTUALLY a good president/senator/etc? Should they also suffer?

But what if someone is ACTUALLY a good president/senator/etc? Should they also suffer?

Yes. You either die (or end your political career) a hero or live long enough to become the villain.

By all accounts Caesar was a good ruler. However, his rule set the stage for the transition of Rome from a Republic to an Empire that ultimately led to its downfall under a spate of bad rulers ending in Nero.

When you make exceptions to something like that you open Pandora's box.

Lol @ the Dark Knight reference. That's a classic right there.

But yeah. Fair is fair, this is not a monarchy where a person is in power for life. FDR never should've had FOUR terms. I don't care that there was the Great Depression and WW2 - 2 terms is it, no matter the circumstances.

People like Pelosi sure wouldn't be in power now if there was strict term limits.

Archived