MLB Baseball 2010 thread: The Regular Season

Shortline Bus

• Replies 971
  • Created
  • Last Reply
And it's about here. Guys feel free to comment on anything related to the new 2010 MLB regular season including picks. Before we begin here the baseball 'national anthenm" Centerfield.

With just little over a week until the Sunday Night Season Opener on Easter Sunday with the defending champion Yankees vs the Red Sox at Fenway.

Now i try to make my 2010 MLB picks. Dont yell at me lol if they are wrong.

My projected finish from 1st(top)-last place in all 6 divisions. I won't my playoff picks until September though.

American League

East

Yankees

Rays

Red Sox

O's

Blue Jays

Central

White Sox

Twins

Tigers

Royals

Indians

West

Mariners

Rangers

Angels

A's

Wild Card.(Too close to call)but IMO the Rays, Red Sox, Twins and Rangers will be in the mix at the end of the regular season.

The loss of Joe Nathan will hurt the Twins alot and may coast a shot at the World Series. Still IMO i think Minnesota will be a playoff contender at least playing in the new ballpark.

National League

East

Phils

Braves

Marlins

Mets

Nationals

Central

Brewers

Cardinals

Reds

Cubs

Astros

Pirates

West

Rockies

Giants

Dodgers

D-Backs

Padres

NL wild card contenders. Braves(1st Choice) Reds, Cards and Giants.

IMO the only teams in the NL other than the Phillies barring a major mid season trade that can make the world series in 2010 are the Braves and Rockies.

Sleeper(surpise) teams. Braves and Reds. Cincy signing Mr. Chapman is the 'best defector' from Castro's Cuba into MLB since "el duque' Hernedez.

The Yanks, Mets and Red Sox also wanted Chapman.

Plus the Nats maybe the most improved in MLB if Starsburg is anything up to the hype he getting.

My guess into the crystal ball into what will happen in the 2010 season. feel free to make your picks guys.:cool:

Any picks? I think if Mets get off to slow start, its Omar and not the skipper Manuel that is the first to be fired.

And it's about here. Guys feel free to comment on anything related to the new 2010 MLB regular season including picks. Before we begin here the baseball 'national anthenm" Centerfield.

My Prediction:

Mets are the World Champs in October!

I see that this post was written at 12:42 AM on a Friday night, which leads me to believe that copious amounts of alcohol had to be consumed in order to make such a egregious statement. I'll be rooting for the Mets, but I strongly doubt they'll make the playoffs.

Otherwise, my goal is to make it to Nationals Park, Camden Yards and Fenway Park this year. I've been to Fenway once, but that was for the Futures at Fenway and I'd like to see a Red Sox game this time. The other two spots I've never been to.

I see that this post was written at 12:42 AM on a Friday night, which leads me to believe that copious amounts of alcohol had to be consumed in order to make such a egregious statement. I'll be rooting for the Mets, but I strongly doubt they'll make the playoffs.

Otherwise, my goal is to make it to Nationals Park, Camden Yards and Fenway Park this year. I've been to Fenway once, but that was for the Futures at Fenway and I'd like to see a Red Sox game this time. The other two spots I've never been to.

R68 subway is actually a High School kid but i just think he the most opmistic Mets fan anywhere lol.

I been to Camden Yards 2x and loved it. Its worth the trip Zman.

R68 subway is actually a High School kid but i just think he the most opmistic Mets fan anywhere lol.

In that case, I need to revise my earlier statement:

I see that this post was written at 12:42 AM on a Friday night, which leads me to believe that copious amounts of non-alcoholic O'Doul's had to be consumed in order to make such a egregious statement. I'll be rooting for the Mets, but I strongly doubt they'll make the playoffs.:cool:

I been to Camden Yards 2x and loved it. Its worth the trip Zman.

Everyone I've spoken to has told me it's a great place to watch a game. I'm looking forward to my daytrip there on July 21st.

In that case, I need to revise my earlier statement:

I see that this post was written at 12:42 AM on a Friday night, which leads me to believe that copious amounts of non-alcoholic O'Doul's had to be consumed in order to make such a egregious statement. I'll be rooting for the Mets, but I strongly doubt they'll make the playoffs.:cool:

Everyone I've spoken to has told me it's a great place to watch a game. I'm looking forward to my daytrip there on July 21st.

LMAO on the R68 comment lol. And back to topic, I also strongly recommend if you have time Zman the following for your Camden Yards trip.

1)Checking out the Baltimore Inner Harbor Center-Kind of like South Street Seaport but also some great sportsbars as well. Also Camden Yards is next door to the NFL Ravens Stadium called "M&T Bank Stadium' or w/e it's called these days lol.

2)I am not sure you into BBQ's but "Boog Powell' BBQ joint inside the stadium serves great BBQ Chicken and Spare ribs(Not into Pork though mainly for eating healthy choices)but very expensive. FYI. Boog Powell was a popular O's 1st Baseman in the late 1960's/'most of the '70's.

The sports bars near Camden Yards is great. Not to pick on Baltimore, but try to stay close to the stadium/Inner Harbor area is that city has one of the highest crime rates in any big city in the country.:PLet make clear the ballpark area is very safe and has tons of cops for O's and Ravens games.

3)If you driving Zman park few blocks from the stadium. Parking by Camden Yards is Manhattan type price game days. Or use the MTA(Maryland Transit Authority)light rail and 'park and ride.' Also Camden Yards is great location for driving as it's right off Interstate 95 which takes you to Washington, DC and points south or North towards NYC/Philadelphia.

Just my takes on Camden Yards.:tup:

I've been to Baltimore a few times (you know, went to Inner Harbor, caught the races at Pimlico Race Course, stuff like that) so I fairly know what to expect. Technically I've been to Camden Yards (the outside of the ballpark), but until I've actually stepped inside I haven't really been there yet.

Even though I could easily drive there, I've decided to take public transport down for the day. I've already scored my $1 Megabus ticket down there and will probably take Amtrak back (or maybe Boltbus).

Thanks for the Boog Powell's recommendation. I'm definitely hitting that joint when I go.

I've been to Baltimore a few times (you know, went to Inner Harbor, caught the races at Pimlico Race Course, stuff like that) so I fairly know what to expect. Technically I've been to Camden Yards (the outside of the ballpark), but until I've actually stepped inside I haven't really been there yet.

Even though I could easily drive there, I've decided to take public transport down for the day. I've already scored my $1 Megabus ticket down there and will probably take Amtrak back (or maybe Boltbus).

Thanks for the Boog Powell's recommendation. I'm definitely hitting that joint when I go.

Final point for now Zman on Camden Yards trip. Sometimes teams change their in stadium menu or deals w/ resturants. Boog Powell also owns a few BBQ resturants in Baltimore area and was for years the sole BBQ joint at Camden Yards.

Double check on O's website to see if he Mr. Boog BBQ is back for the '10 season at Camden Yards. Or if not look online at the phone/white pages for resturants in the Baltimore area. Good luck on that trip.:tup:

Off topic. I maybe planning a trip to Toronto 1st weekend in June to see Yanks-Jays series at Skydome.

"Target Field is open for business." The University Of Minnesota lost to Lousiana Tech 9 to 1 today, but more than 37,757 attended the game, the first-ever baseball game in the Twins' new park.

Dont understand why the Twins built an open air stadium for baseball in Minneapolis, if they make the playoffs its going to be too cold to play baseball in October in Minneapolis. I have been to Minneapolis has to be one of the coldest cities in America. They should have built another Dome.

Dont understand why the Twins built an open air stadium for baseball in Minneapolis, if they make the playoffs its going to be too cold to play baseball in October in Minneapolis. I have been to Minneapolis has to be one of the coldest cities in America. They should have built another Dome.

Reason why they build open air stadium,because the Twins don't think they going to make the playoff again...lol

Actually Nel as i said before, a rectrable roof stadium like what the Brewers, Blue Jays, D-Backs and soon the Marlins in South Fla. is what the Twins needed. The weather in Minneapolis from June-Early September is beautiful and does not get oven baked hot like other nearby Midwest cities like Chicago and St Louis in the summer.:eek:

True its the land of a 1000 lakes and that keeps it cool ,but the middle of fall and winters are brutal was there in dec 1999 and it was minus 59 with 20 inches of snow on the ground. Lets hope the twins dont make the playoffs.

My picks for the season are AL East yanks the central Tigers the west Mariners and the wildcard the Angels. In the NL the east Phillies the central Cardinals the west Giants and the wildcard the Dodgers.

bosox get the wild card. angels aren't going to do so well with that rotation of theirs.

Boston only added John Lackey [who counters the Yankees' deal for Vasquez], but I don't think that makes Boston that much better.

Now that the Yankees have 4 quality top of the order starters and a pretty decent 5 starter in Hughes, I still think the Yankees have the edge.

Plus the pen as come a long way since last year. I will admit Joba is better in the pen and will hopefully give Mo more time to rest up and keep him fresh.

The pen also looks good with Marte having a great series against the Phillies [just dominance]. And I really like that Robertson kid, especially in that Twins ALDS series with the bases loaded and no outs. I have a better feeling about the pitching this year.

The batting line up is a different story with the loss of Matsui and damon. Otoh, Boston lost their biggest threat in Jason Bay, so Ortiz has even less protection, which is a huge plus.

Archived