MLB Baseball 2010 thread: The Regular Season

Shortline Bus

Ernie Johnson, Brian Anderson, and Dick Stockton (oh boy-- I heard a YT clip of him going "BALL 4, STRIKE 3!" lol)

http://the506.com/yabb/YaBB.pl?num=1268759107/0#0

I thought the games will start at 7 PM instead of 6 PM..

Woops. I saw it on wikipedia and couple of news articles as 6pm starts. I guess, Fox Exces and Bud Selig decided to switch to a start at 7pm ET so the whole country can get prime time action including the west coast for at least couple of hours.

• Replies 971
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Another grip with the current TV schedule is this. The season opener on Sunday Nights for last few years in MLB has been shown on ESPN2, instead of the main ESPN1 channel. Not everyone gets ESPN2 and in some areas of the country ESPN2 is on 'extended basic digital cable package' aka more money.

Not trying to sound sexist, but why the hell the MLB Opener even a Yanks-Red Sox game being bumped for the NCAA Woman's Basketball Championships is so dumb imo.. Let make clear, that while the woman's hoops title game deserve to be shown on TV but i know for fact, MLB fans outnumber Woman's Hoops fans by as much as 5x-1. This would never happen to the NFL season opener by ESPN if it was college or pro football.

One idea could have been imo would be to put the woman's title game on ESPN's sister station on ABC-TV. Or even have TBS show the MLB season opener. Or have the college ladies play their game later in week on Wednesday-Thursday night.

Again a bad job imo by Bud Selig and ESPN who has has broadcast cable rights to way too many sports and screwing viewers. reactions?:tdown::mad:

Another grip with the current TV schedule is this. The season opener on Sunday Nights for last few years in MLB has been shown on ESPN2, instead of the main ESPN1 channel. Not everyone gets ESPN2 and in some areas of the country ESPN2 is on 'extended basic' aka more money.

Not trying to sound sexist, but why the hell the MLB Opener even a Yanks-Red Sox game being bumped for the NCAA Woman's Basketball Championships is so dumb imo.. Let make clear, that while the woman's hoops title game deserve to be shown on TV but i know for fact, MLB fans outnumber Woman's Hoops fans by as much as 5x-1. This would never happen to the NFL season opener by ESPN if it was college or pro football.

One idea could have been imo would be to put the woman's title game on ESPN's sister station on ABC-TV. Or even have TBS show it. Or have the college ladies play their game later in week on Wednesday-Thursday night.

Again a bad job imo by Bud Selig and ESPN who has has broadcast cable rights to way too many sports and screwing viewers. reactions?:tdown::mad:

The game will be blacked out in New York and Boston with YES and NESN carrying the game in the respective local markets. ESPN is doing this because they are only aloowed to carry a MLB team 8 times and thus it saves them a time by not making the game an exclusive national game. The game cant be seen on TBS because Disney has an exclusice Sunday Night window.

Starts next week, early bird special is $179.00, have to order before the 1 week free view expires. Blackouts on Saturdays(before 7:00pm and on Sunday's(after 5:00pm)

One thing I noticed the last couple of seasons was that they gave you the option to view both of the teams broadcasts, not on all of the games, only on some of them. We all have our favorite broadcasters and our not so favorite ones, we should have that right to choose.

For baseball fans of all ages here the link to still one of the best sports films imo of all time "Pride Of the Yankees' on the bio pic of Yankee Great Lou Gehrig.

It's about 90 minutes long on story of son of German-American immgrants who became still probably the best all around 1st basemen in MLB History.

The guy that later Carl Ripken, Jr. beat for most games played in MLB History.

Also Mr. Gehrig who died tragically so young from ALS known as "Gehrig diease." Feel free to comment after the film.:cry:

part 1 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jFYgURt1ZXw

part 2 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_TxoM_5V8H8&feature=related

part 3 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5nmGpXlRtZM&feature=related

part 4 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pf3sdDQTMDA&feature=related

part 5 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y_Mxpx3I9fg&feature=related

For rest go to Youtube.com under Pride of the Yankees

President Barack Obama will throw out the ceremonial first ball at the Washington Senators' home opener on April 5th vs. the Philadelphia Phillies.

Marking the centennial anniversary since President William Howard Taft first threw out the first ball on April 14, 1910, President Obama's will be the 48th Presidential first pitch to open the season in our nation's capital.

You mean Nationals. The previous 'Senators' are now currently the Twins and Rangers.

For baseball fans of all ages here the link to still one of the best sports films imo of all time "Pride Of the Yankees' on the bio pic of Yankee Great Lou Gehrig.

It's about 90 minutes long on story of son of German-American immgrants who became still probably the best all around 1st basemen in MLB History.

The guy that later Carl Ripken, Jr. beat for most games played in MLB History.

Also Mr. Gehrig who died tragically so young from ALS known as "Gehrig diease." Feel free to comment after the film.:cry:For rest go to Youtube.com under Pride of the Yankees

And the dramtic and sad conclusion of Pride of the Yankees. :cry:

I have that movie on DVD. 'tis amazing.

Shifting gears as opening day is about here so two questions.

1)Which of these pre season favorite teams is under most pressure to make this year world series from Las Vegas, the media and the public and why? The teams below are the picks by most people to make or win the world series?

Yankees, Phils, Rockies, Cards, Red Sox or Rays?

2)How many games are you planning to attend?

1)Which of these pre season favorite teams is under most pressure to make this year world series from Las Vegas, the media and the public and why? The teams below are the picks by most people to make or win the world series?

You have to be kidding me, the Rockies? Still I think it's going to be another Yankees-Phillies WS. It really depends on how the AL West ends up though. The M's scare me more than the Angels now.

You have to be kidding me, the Rockies? Still I think it's going to be another Yankees-Phillies WS. It really depends on how the AL West ends up though. The M's scare me more than the Angels now.

Concourse you know that Lidge is already 'hurt' for the phils right?

CC better get off on a good start. I would hate to see him get bounced around by the hated Red Sox.

CC always gets off to slow starts, he heats up with the weather and lets hope he will maintain that heat well into October.

Man what memories of this great kids show from the 1980's the Baseball Bunch. Special Guest Co Host Ozzie Smith show the trick to being a great defensive infielder to host Johnny Bench. However the CHicken has other plans lol.Here clip. Any one seen this show before?

Obviously the Yankees, Phillies and Red Sox are going to feel pressure, but you forgot to mention the Dodgers. Joe Torre could feel some heat if his team stumbles out of the gate.

As far as how many games? Well...I've set a personal goal of at least 10 games this season. I would like to visit Yankee Stadium, Citi Field, Camden Yards and Nationals Park this year, and with a little bit of luck Fenway Park and Wrigley Field. I've been to Citizens Bank Park in Philly before, so a game there is optional. I'm also going to try to watch the Brooklyn Cyclones and the SI Yankees play. With the exception of Fenway and Wrigley, all will be day trips. Leave early, catch a bus, train, or drive, have lunch, watch a day game, then return home.

Oh, and I almost forgot the Newark Bears, Long Island Ducks and the Bridgeport Bluefish. On second thought, better up my goal to 12 games.

Man what memories of this great kids show from the 1980's the Baseball Bunch. Special Guest Co Host Ozzie Smith show the trick to being a great defensive infielder to host Johnny Bench. However the CHicken has other plans lol.Here clip. Any one seen this show before?

Yeah, this brings back memories, I used to watch it on Saturday mornings on channel 4 if I remember correctly. This week in baseball with Mel Allen was another one of my favorite programs.

I am so spike out about the Mets season. I cant wait to see the Mets and the Metsifed Citi Field! We are going to comeback this year!

That is good that you are enthusiastic, but the Mets are going to need a lot of breaks to even have a 500 season. I can't believe they kept Igarashi and Green, the bullpen is a mess,K-Rod and Feliciano are the only two that you can trust. We will find out if Mejia is as good as advertised.

I can picture a revolving door of different relief pitchers this season for the Mets. You know the bullpen is going to get overworked.

Archived